What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Windy, 34 degrees F and sunny. I think our snow warnings are done for the next couple of days...but that wind:mad:.

I'm wondering what gift to give to my neighbor who uses his ATV to shovel my walk. Maybe a basket of nuts and a pineapple...

Right now it is 37ºF. and sunny as all get out. But being the good neighbors they have always been, Canada is sending us their cold, windy, rainy weather late today or tomorrow. ;) Thanks for sharing,
I wonder how that works. We saw a clip from a US station about the weather and they were relieved that it had all gone up to Canada.

Yeah, we had freezing rain, rain, ice pellets, and most recently snow. There wasn't enough rain to wash away the accumulated snow. I drove home from my M-I-L's place in a short window of none of the above today. We brought the M-I-L, to visit a dear friend of hers who lives not too far from us. It's her friend's first NYE as a widow. They had been married over 60 years. She had kids, grandkids and other family over for Xmas.

Last edited:
It has to do with the wind.

Later this week, we have a Nor'easter storm coming our way. My least favorite kind of storm. Still no snow for us though.

I have been listening to the reports regarding the wind where Princess lives. That is some serious blowing.

Addie, the weather you had today came from the midwest. It's the reason we delayed our departure for OH until Tuesday. They were expecting icy roads along I-80 on Monday. That is a large stretch of our route.

Right now it's 36 in Scranton, PA. Won't be much colder tonight, but it won't be as warm tomorrow. At least when this next band of weather moves through Ohio and PA, we'll be safely tucked into Loverly's place. :heart: It's headed to New England to join up with weather moving up the east coast. Unless GG holds onto the storm's tail, it will meet up with the storm from the west. Got out of Dodge before the expected 4-8 of snow! :)

Addie, the weather you had today came from the midwest. It's the reason we delayed our departure for OH until Tuesday. They were expecting icy roads along I-80 on Monday. That is a large stretch of our route.

Right now it's 36 in Scranton, PA. Won't be much colder tonight, but it won't be as warm tomorrow. At least when this next band of weather moves through Ohio and PA, we'll be safely tucked into Loverly's place. :heart: It's headed to New England to join up with weather moving up the east coast. Unless GG holds onto the storm's tail, it will meet up with the storm from the west. Got out of Dodge before the expected 4-8 of snow! :)

I hope you and Himself have a safe trip without any weather worries. Ch4 tonight said we have a quick Nor'easter coming before the winds change. Living so close to the water, I hate Nor'easters. One minute the beach is where it is supposed to be, then it is in your front yard.

Drive carefully!

Oh joy, it's snowing. Earlier today we had enough freezing rain to make a good solid crust on the snow. Then we got regular rain to make it good and slippery. Now we're getting snow on top of that. I'm glad they do a good job of snow removal around here.

Hope you don't have travel plans, taxy.

Thanks for the safe driving thoughts, Addie and msm. No problems coming in or driving around out here. We sure are enjoying well-marked roads and polite drivers.

Oh crap. It's 12F. Well, I don't plan on going anywhere. Thankfully nothing falling from the sky.

Nope, no travel plans. I was thinking of grocery shopping tomorrow. I just placed an order online. I guess I'll have to tip the delivery guy extra good.

We've been getting hammered with heavy snowfalls this year. This is what I saw when I opened my front door this morning...
BMvdVqi.jpg

Doesn't look fun if you have to get somewhere, Rock.

It's 45° here right now, but rain turning to ice tonight. I don't mind driving to work in snow, but no one can drive on ice.

Yesterday morning it started out at an even 32F. The temp has steadily dropped to minus 6 below now, and is still headed more south. Icy streets and I wish I had football cleats, as the sheer ice on the side walks and streets is dangerous. I'm staying indoors.

I have given up hoping on our one-day-of-snow-a-year for this winter season. (I love the one-seven days we normally get). I think it is going to be a warm, somewhere-in-the-60's day. About 3 more weeks and the new house may be ready to move in to, so there is one bright spot, even if it isn't sparking snow.

The bad news: it's 15 degrees right now.
The good news: it's not snowing.
The bad news: the high of the day for the next four days is predicted to be 19/16/19/15.
The good news: no snow until Tuesday...except then it will be rain since it's supposed to be 36, then 40 on Wednesday. :wacko:

I sure wish Mother Nature would make up her mind!

The bad news: the high of the day for the next four days is predicted to be 19/16/19/15.
The good news: no snow until Tuesday...except then it will be rain since it's supposed to be 36, then 40 on Wednesday. :wacko:

There is a perfectly good explanation. Her hormones have run amok!

She's having hot flashes. ;)
Woke up this morning to something similar to what Rock Lobster got. We often get the same weather.

U2nmZbpikRFrk3nUdiB4KxGrXt1YLMZn3wWJ_MpH9wvDZkNYoXvG4uSJokYEebeiBdqyinOS4AAksl9P5WxVgOt89MgR-tAVe8fYTHctVGcHOjbQMI5zfGxOsTGVXHmJ-T3KCx2fLw3LXFSlJklUfA2nkruNWMkhN4OpMiCN2RQ5I7ybvOEjWt4O7giH0M3JHnaPRhkcgKUWgx3n5OYVYz122aorUV9zh893LEG8pKLSCns6GGqOS9_7BIFo0zZ7FR5boGz1kNThJiZblsgVRouRko5R54YktO_lM1UwATiWgHqM6xNxBP_1NOOyI-8nG5uHwuAnqcUirR0UTHMWaI0i0BdlNdRNXJynfwPBdM3S8m34K4HxWAubMeNHUJJJ0GSChBIr9RgtQxg1diveGQGLZDq3x6GTNmI7klnZgKZj56kbXb_weWGOseSpzHebJqp3nVXQu512V_tgzf14PN3nped2R7AhouIG_Y-3fEKbgnpdkUYtVIJizb3Nh-3RbGqygNjKPpVplKYw1FAZdip9TVvKLoAL286IihRwLmQmAzyvpkYpSDebISSc_sQVZI8WVA1jcE7dulH88tx3X_moztnhXm6zB9MLw44tN5fbpbeDd8byEA=w731-h548-no

Then in the evening we had:

f439UDsAEfoGCFM01PBtza_JyuyfuNuYjC7AKa4EQD3QTxmnClqJV1e_ZJNiNqmUiKpFUl_n__9rgIPI1-gSCKwvPVSGI1y6eaG88yH9JFwvisl_ahzFvILVnKLKXS2CkkfORKYFvgU6MLpRZVQQB3N5xDKsSzx7pw2ka9T9tIS1HOWchXIdOnCyQ_soyI8M_TN9LiPdRS7qfze7-QnzXysGxlYCrDeRbrlVBLIe_jDnawz5zz9mcEHJ_d3UGubwvkFn-5FcXkd8VsQOsj7J_E6LuVeCJo7zQEqoMJpZtp50A_Vnh7EU_ESidhilNphQmc0PKscmJ1MZiu0RVTlJ8l4iDBFATq0dkDDoxF1acbsSsnpW069JqkeM-8hqw3HxflBrDab001nGCJt_ESNq4jJCLKmOuAh4vNYh1ZRg3W0S9LMOYqHDnkzd_mg7IOnObucMuM3_iDPiPXd0qIzSFxFAu8fFbY304dQPAk7kt6GZltYpyIHfSh3Gwsirzw4fAN3lDAVgE4eMuojjaPqloa74L22ij08u0T1ixoxq_4WYRq7McgI8HkTn7J5iZFe2EzBynim6ZcLjCR4PT__0U-qLajcSAZQN-DjH6Q8K6gHGNqF5ZVbo5g=w731-h548-no

And I took shot this video a bit earlier. The snow was coming down so fast that the visibility was down to less than what it is in most of the fog we get here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_8IBhhPkK0&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom