What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow is beautiful...when you're inside. Cold? I forgot my hat back at home! Loverly said I can use one of her's, but any of them would give me hat-hair. We will be venturing out tomorrow so she can get me my Christmas present (comfy shoes from the same shoe store I used to take the kids to when they were little - turnabout, since she's taking Mom for a pair :LOL: ), so I'll skip washing my hair and keep my head warm instead. At least I have a big pot of soup almost done and ready to go for supper!

fc3703c1a768c78507650ac46c0e507b.jpg

Ice and maybe a little snow tonight.

If we get the latter, I hope to finally get out on the slopes tomorrow. The instructors at my boy's gym are getting together for a day of boarding/skiing, so we're thinking of letting him play hookey from school for a half day and meeting them on the mountain.

Please let it snow. I only like ice when it's on a pond with a puck and sticks.

Or in tea.

It's a sunny 14°F here, and we have a light dusting of snow, maybe 1/4 inch.

Absolutely miserable. 15 degrees, blowing snow when Loverly and I were out, slick roads waiting for the plow/salt trucks to pay their visits. Miserable.

Three. More. Days. That's how long this slop is supposed to last...

...Remind me again why I am wintering in MN and not in TX????
Because you love your parents, CW, you love your parents. :heart:

It's 43F here right now. We're looking at 7-10" of snow Saturday, and of course, none of the local cities have the means to remove it, so it will hang around till Tuesday when it gets up into the 40s again. I'll make my grocery run in the morning. There's not much we need.

25° right now with a chance of snow this weekend. And I use the word 'chance' very sarcastically. If we got even a dusting, I'd be so surprised.

GG, my mom just left Richmond a week ago and she was so happy she missed the snow. She's back in Minnesota now.

Last edited:
With wind chill, it's -45 degrees F...I don't even like pulling the curtains back to look, the cold coming off the glass is bitter. Dad went and bought a kerosene heater for his garage so it can help heat the mud room where Jethro and Cow Kitty's kennels are.

Because we are stoopid, no that's not it, because we are stubborn, no that's not it either. Because we are hearty souls.:LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaRd4d8hOY

Ah, but Minneapolis has the most gorgeous summers. All the lakes, stuff to do, it's beautiful. Though the winters are almost as bad as ND.

We have a sunny 5° F here along the river.

And MP is my fave! Love the Lumberjack song!

Last edited:
With wind chill, it's -45 degrees F...I don't even like pulling the curtains back to look, the cold coming off the glass is bitter. Dad went and bought a kerosene heater for his garage so it can help heat the mud room where Jethro and Cow Kitty's kennels are.
:ohmy:
At -45 it doesn't really matter if it's °C or °F.

The weather folks are trying to tell us to expect 6-9 inches of snow overnight. Then the wind will come in from the west. Not the news I want to hear.

Hope you don't lose power tonight, Addie. I watched both the WCVB and WFXT news this evening and they said there could be issues along the coast.

I hid in the kitchen and cooked today - two dinners so I don't have to cook tomorrow. Pots bubbling on the stove, etc, so I didn't have to deal with the outside temp of...5. Well, it's 5 right now. Today's high was somewhere in the mid-teens. At least we had pretty sun!

Hope you don't lose power tonight, Addie. I watched both the WCVB and WFXT news this evening and they said there could be issues along the coast.

I hid in the kitchen and cooked today - two dinners so I don't have to cook tomorrow. Pots bubbling on the stove, etc, so I didn't have to deal with the outside temp of...5. Well, it's 5 right now. Today's high was somewhere in the mid-teens. At least we had pretty sun!

Thanks CG. Most of Boston's wiring is underground. There will only be a problem if some idiot driver knocks down a pole on one of the small side streets. Since this building was once a school, it was redesigned as a "safe place" in case of an emergency. But if we di lose our electricity, I go on a diet. We cook with it. And about 90% of the food I buy has to be cooked. The rest is stupid stuff like mayo, mustard, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom