What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
-8C. Pretty cold here and we even had some snow last night. I wish summer was here already!

Cold, damp and gray! Typical British winter day! I, too, will be glad when we get some better weather. (Though it is pleasing to see some unidentified bulb shoots appearing in a couple of tubs in the back yard!) Hopefully some daffodils! (Whatever they are, they are going to be shifted after they flower - I want those tubs for growing vegetables!) :)

Sunny and quite warm for the time of year - about 12 degrees C/53 degrees F according to the car display at 11.30 this am but clouding over now (it's early afternoon here now).

It was back up into the 70s today -- 76 to be exact. We may hit 80 on Tuesday. Trees are starting to bud. This is too early for that.

CD

We have SNOW falling outside and we even have a winter snow warning! But of course, no one can tell us how much we're going to get. It could be 1" to 6" and the fall zone is all over the map. *sigh*

Sunny and quite warm for the time of year - about 12 degrees C/53 degrees F according to the car display at 11.30 this am but clouding over now (it's early afternoon here now).

At first I read your weather at 12ºF. And thought you had gone completely bonkers. Then I slowly read it again. That's more like it.

For us here in Boston 36ºF. Too cold for me. I want summer back.

It finally quit snowing at about 12:30 here. I think we got 3" in the city and depending on where you were around the peninsula, lots or less more.

The sun is out now and most of it is just a sloppy mess, but it's supposed to freeze tonight and that could get worrisome by tomorrow morning. We won't have roads, we'll have skating rinks.

Right now it is 33ºF. Tomorrow morning snow (oh joy!) turning to rain. It weather like this that makes me so happy I am not a driver. And of course the Patriots parade kicks off around 10:30 or thereabouts. I will stay home and watch it on TV, like I did the game.

Got a warning from The Weather Network. Sounds messy. Montreal is on an island in the St-Lawrence River. So is my suburb.

Montréal Island area

Issued at 09:54 Monday 06 February 2017
An intense system will affect the province of Quebec beginning Tuesday. Snow will begin over extreme Western Quebec Tuesday morning and spread toward Central Quebec in the evening. Snow, at times heavy, will affect regions north of the St. Lawrence River, while the snow will change to a more or less extended period of freezing rain Tuesday night or early Wednesday in regions near and south of the river. Temperatures could even exceed the freezing mark in some places Wednesday morning. As some uncertainty still remains regarding the system's track, amounts and precipitation types for each region are still undetermined. However, there will certainly be a significant impact on the commute. ### Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.cpiq_tempetes-qspc_storms.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports to #meteoqc

It is 72 degrees right now, at 8:50PM. We got up to 82 today. Looks the same for tomorrow.

CD

Sounds like hunkering-down weather, taxy. I hope you don't have to go out anywhere and your power stays on.

Last Friday the weather guessers were calling for lots of snow early Tuesday, changing to freezing rain in early afternoon, and rain late in the day. I had an appointment with my nurse-practitioner Tuesday, so I called last Friday to change the appointment. Hmm, now it looks like I could have stood pat. We'll be basically getting just rain. Maybe snow/ice, maybe, but early enough that it would have been just wet by the time I had to leave.

I wasn't the only one bailing on appointments. After I changed my appointment, I called my dentist to schedule a check-up and cleaning. Seemed they had a lot of times "just" opened up for Tuesday, in case I wanted to come in quickly. :LOL:

Same here, CG. My dentist and barber both said they could fit me in today instead of Thursday just as I was cancelling a doc appointment for today.

We're supposed to have freezing rain today changing over to all rain. Then 60 degrees tomorrow, and then 5" or more of snow on Thursday.

Well, I was out and about yesterday and we still have snow up the - we still have lots of snow where there isn't pavement. And there's lots of no pavement once you get out of downtown.

And of course, today it's much warmer and we have rain and wind. So, more branches down and more people without power. I sure feel for the PSE guys.

Addie, didn't you just get a horrendous amount of snow from that storm that blew through?

76and windy today, 81 tomorrow. Then, back down to 49 by Tuesday. It was in the 40s a few days ago, too. We keep getting these 30-degree temperature swings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom