What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mizzly here. Can't decide whether to call it mist or drizzle. Ugh. Perfect baking weather IMO. Nothing like making the house smell wonderful when the weather outside sucks!

Rainy and deliciously cool. A great change from the heat. The house smells great and I don't have to feel guilty for not doing yard work!

Chilly...very chilly. Had the desire to make a roast turkey dinner. Dh talked me out of it.

100 again today. It is supposed to be 100 and over the rest of the week and it still has not rained. I am overcome with envy at you guys that have rain and are in the 70's.

Today is warmer but humid and no relief from the humid/wet weather in sight. They are predicting rain almost every day this week. It's even "trying" to rain again right now. Anyone have construction plans for an Ark?

Still in the 100+ degree category. No rain in sight. Yesterday, a farmer combining corn had a spark come off his tractor, which set a huge field fire. In the end, over 200 acres burned, which caused over 20 area fire departments, state forestry equipment and a host of farmers who disked the perimeter to try to keep the fire from spreading, all to bring it under control. It took the better part of the day, along with firefighters working all night to put out hot spots. It's dangerously dry here. No end of the heat is in sight.

It's hot and humid here but we got some pretty significant showers early this afternoon - which we don't need. There is still standing water in places here from TS Erin. So far, it looks like we're dodging a bullet with Dean but I pity the folks in Mexico.

we got a half inch of rain last night. It did nothing to fill in the 2 inch wide cracks in the soil in my front flower bed. The garden is completely under a thick layer of mulch so it is fairing well. Our home water supply is very low, we are on high alert with our water conserving techniques.

Very hot predicted for the rest of the week with no rain in sight. We surely are grateful for the 1/2 inch of rain we got last night!!! I hope it does not make the tomatoes crack. But most of my tomatoes are still quite green.

Oh how I would love to send you some of our rain! We have a poss of severe thunderstorms over the next 2 days and this weather is murder on the arthritis and asthma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom