What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only one in this family that loves the snow is Teddy. I will try to get some pictures of him this time. The deeper the snow, the happier he is.

My Teddy, AKA Psycho Poodle, hates cold. He has only seen snow once. It was a rare storm that dropped about 6 inches overnight. He did not care for it. He didn't know where to pee and poo. He did it on the patio, the driveway, and might have done it in the yard, once.

I, on the other hand, got up early while nobody was on the road, and took my Audi allroad quattro and camera out to explore and play. I had a blast, and came away with one photo that I absolutely love. Photo below. Oh, and cool commercial inked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdlY4Ke-Wc

Attachments

• SnowDay.jpg
    SnowDay.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Nice photo, CD! Those trees look like they're covered with feathers.

It looks like the two feet of snow Addie was expecting is avoiding her area and headed straight for us! :ermm: :ohmy: If you look at the map in this Boston CBS article, you'll see where the southern border of Massachusetts drops a bit south when you move west-to-east from Connecticut to Rhode Island. We are about 15? miles west of that jut, tucked nicely into the "18-24 inch" area.

We're retired. Have a fridge full of food and a warm house. Nowhere to go, especially since Himself's doctor was smart and cancelled all appointments for Tuesday. Himself will go on a better day. As long as the power stays on (we aren't in the danger zone, which is the coast south of Boston) we're fine tucking into the house. Just maybe I can make a loaf of oatmeal bread without mucking it up today! :LOL:

Last edited:
I no longer have any idea of what the heck we are expecting in snow. But here it is at 6:17 a.m. and it is already starting to snow.

Yesterday, at the Chelsea Market Basket, they had all 36 cash registers open with long lines. We have plenty of food, coffee and creamer. And today we are going to cook the brisket with the rest of the veggies. We will not be looking out the window or listening to the weather news. Don't care. Can't change it. We have plenty of channels to watch that don't give us news or weather. The only time I will be aware of how much snow is when I go downstairs to get my mail in the middle of the morning. The mail boxes are right next to the glass front door.

Nice "coating", Andy. You might have us beat.

I think we got about 15". Hard to tell, since some areas have nearly 3 foot drifts, other areas look to be about a foot. Winds have been wicked (25 average, gusting often and long to 50), but not enough to blow the walkway clear like it has in other storms. Probably the wind isn't exactly the right direction for that.

When I looked out the front door sidelight late this morning, I thought someone had stolen the house across the street! Nah, it's just that the snow was so thick and blowing that it pretty much obscured the white structure.

So far we still have power, all trees are upright and in place, and I'm hoping all the siding and shingles are still there. :ermm: The only "casualty" is a slate painting that hangs on our porch wall during the non-Christmas season. I heard a loud "boom" and thought it was a large tree limb on the roof. Just the slate blowing off the wall and landing flat in the porch snow. I think it's fine, but I'm not going out to check right now! :LOL:

It is 18 F (but wind chill -2) they are closing some roads due to blowing snow and white outs. Very nasty.

Took my daughter to her Dad's this evening and wasn't sure I would get home in one piece. Bare roads with sudden very deep drifts that you don't see in a white out. Plus most roads we have around here have NO shoulders and a 6 or 8 foot ditch. Fall into that and no one will find you until spring when they'll notice a smell drifting around somewhere!

Ain't Life Grand!

I have really great next door neighbors!

One cleaned off my car and shoveled it out so I could move it out for the plows to clean the parking area.

The other shoveled a path from my deck in the back around the side of the house to the sidewalk in front so we could take out or trash and recycle barrels.

I think I will do some "Thank you" baking.

My final measurement was just shy of 13" on gas grill shelf.

I have no idea how much snow we got. Refuse to look out the window. I no longer believe in our TV forecasters. The only person I ever believed in when it came to telling us about the weather was Don Kent.

There you go Andy. A blast from the past. That one was for you!

Windy! And because there is no snow any more , the grit they used for the roads is sandblasting everything.

I go out and come back coughing sand. Not fun, I hope they clean the roads soon.

It is 18 F (but wind chill -2) they are closing some roads due to blowing snow and white outs. Very nasty.

Took my daughter to her Dad's this evening and wasn't sure I would get home in one piece. Bare roads with sudden very deep drifts that you don't see in a white out. Plus most roads we have around here have NO shoulders and a 6 or 8 foot ditch. Fall into that and no one will find you until spring when they'll notice a smell drifting around somewhere!

Ain't Life Grand!
We didn't get it too badly here in the Ottawa Valley..more blowing than snowing...still crappy, though. Makes for bad roads. Going to and from work sucks...may hurt business a bit today..didn't yesterday...sold lots of steaks yesterday for the bbq ..good thing Valley folk are crazy...:wacko:

Our "big" storm turned to rain last night and the temp was below freezing. Now the roads and everything else is covered in ice.

Addie, I bet the city has the roads cleared enough by now and the ice is gone. We got 15" of snow before our rain started, and our little town cleaned and treated the roads last night. Pretty sure the Boston road crews are more efficient than you think. ;) Heck, even Himself was efficient. He usually waits until the day after a big snow, but he cleaned the drive last night. Thanks to Mr. Sun, our blacktop is snow-free and dry.

Windy! And because there is no snow any more , the grit they used for the roads is sandblasting everything...
It is because of that "grit" that I don't like going out on a breezy spring evening. I wear contact lenses, and if it's not sunny enough for sunglasses, I always end up with little particles of that grit trapped under my lenses. If I go out in the evening, I wear my prescription glasses...and pray for a nice downpour!

Besides it being sunny, it's just below the freezing mark. Looks pretty, but I'm glad I'm not going out today!

They say we got about 30 cm (12"). Looks like more to me.

As someone else said, Mother Nature must have been spring cleaning. She found a box of winter stuff in the back of a closet and decided to give it to us all in one go.

Here's the view out my back door today. There was ground showing in places yesterday.

dJnlTGYJrJxQPwrCAJBSsgoHvg5cr-cHg6iBMP5xYQOLGZPNniP9eY_w2Ve46p5Lu9xtNlJO0Qq1FdmysHjeWREWypVULX2mqrsK2qi9i0ftC_U-B_vqDOGyC8uUcnREKL5aenu3lB_4Gpu4DR8zPQhmGG3Om7Xyf1UMFqbYnucP0j0g3oq96Y6Y7FD8Wx-lw0xF9d7SVCQ5tYphwtpOwYB6syLerMq1xSTACXVss6UfEAtQF5WeutsBdKyX1A7OqnAvhNJDc_VPZhDsBrLA9MXKyfY_XAxN_IeiW50sNHF2kQytLRxQDrcY5ing2D_SDKKmCVpI1ktBFZy7et9JGdVmRGEhdryzbIfPcgsypTwG5PIBOuKYyL83xDYDi9f8gUsor2S8oQCdCVtL9qrKN_JDIV4xXYJXX3sCCjoim01ajgSq36KMPG4ORvRDpEymN8plSpGp4HvEij6srl0QEFszIvu34MIsZ4LbVZ-l3gR8-Y7qLTLBmwOkIdjiS4K3IutNqJBvBW3_ovHwR25SwG_7bu41rIeBGl35pKnqfrPQE6AE8IQf9-14Z9w3nEjw5coqWp8vjrw7BHeLHoJE9-gxZNbutEuyf_3CrPMvJ1DCnSiQIfx4yoDNiJwajQI3mCwc2WZgoIWfALYq3GYs4ZYLAYBGp6uIJEWJkgrnqeY=w731-h548-no

22vWthrRfMQVGpEVCy9ES-Zs_Z7lNe--dKqGZsjZtbuej2IWJ3saATkU7ZLN_j2BfkkGtDgu-focw_OZDWUZ4XFxenDtBpWDkl9xuzgoHl3g7xaMDHIw8g0AxIvzAAu7iG6A10O4IabWLxvOwuRG6SzW9jaBOImKMkBUnREKIGHrqTyLZ1QqvGcespUkc8Dz73Eufb10iMg5jmC9y2koKTdcY_aRoteRlCwIbZA33HjKmp0F9icwCoHcDdktzKtvSmWkGqjB_ED7K2n1lfWxylYTM7C6-iD9seUGLFtRBhOOfSWxa4sXcWHfEP2Rq0Jp746S9PLu6pxDmlFeYYUWU86xOFWQB_QRy_fKVlsqO6Q-8w4CtTeBC3WOw_PWh1R9p-ev8x3Li9PyNuyzyhU4r2OA98F3_cOpkpnPaiFhU2VWO2GBaRyjyQzdx4XsckXEyUx_pibUBwp0RA8vJr7PaTs0uyKK1GIa_TbhvgaJINAFVD9dOc12KjtLwBNcNov9wM60cLO6EQUrA68ChToLnYBRCb7W5n9ios36q9segu06tObh-z7eNLs4wxfNxU48cm4hY9hhMYlUpvOQ5A8E19Vn5zWBshldBUfbDan6oPb2OBW4NrI72Pg_giKmVQPB0K21IZLCGehitdWpMYv6e2fDH-k5A7Crr4yEirPOqe0=w731-h548-no

Addie, I bet the city has the roads cleared enough by now and the ice is gone. We got 15" of snow before our rain started, and our little town cleaned and treated the roads last night. Pretty sure the Boston road crews are more efficient than you think. ;) Heck, even Himself was efficient. He usually waits until the day after a big snow, but he cleaned the drive last night. Thanks to Mr. Sun, our blacktop is snow-free and dry. Besides it being sunny, it's just below the freezing mark.

It is because of that "grit" that I don't like going out on a breezy spring evening. I wear contact lenses, and if it's not sunny enough for sunglasses, I always end up with little particles of that grit trapped under my lenses. If I go out in the evening, I wear my prescription glasses...and pray for a nice downpour! Looks pretty, but I'm glad I'm not going out today!

Not really. Our street hasn't even been plowed yet. And the city still hasn't cleared away the huge tree that came down right across a sidewalk and down the alleyway between two houses. Maintenance was using pitchforks this morning to try and break up the ice on the walkway and driveway. And they tried to use the snow blower this morning for the sidewalks that surround the building on three sides. One was walking out in front of the machine with a pitchfork chipping up the ice. As long as they have it clear enough for me to get to my daughter's car on Friday. That is all that matters to me.

The farmers are thrilled - we finally got a good rain after all of the hot, dry weather and grass fires. It makes the crops happy and keeps the land from blowing away. :)

Rain, rain and more rain. I think I have gotten only 7 or 8 days of work in all month. They keep saying Spring is just around the corner. I'm ready.

We had 40’s yesterday, today it got up to 78°F. Then it clouded up and sprinkled, and it's 55 now. We were able to get in a walk at noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom