What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
30 degrees F and foggy, foggy, foggy. Not fun to drive in.

On the bright side...I have some pink hyacinths opening up! Very pretty.

73 and partly cloudy today. I am determined to get my new lettuce in the ground this afternoon. I was working on it yesterday and the bees chased me inside again. One of them got a glancing sting on my temple before I smushed her. I hope they've calmed down.

We have essentially four hives out there right now - two actual hives and two nucs (nucleus hives). Nucs are new hives established in a small box that will develop a new queen. Once she goes for her virgin flight and gets thoroughly insemininated, she'll start laying eggs and we can sell it. So we'll be getting the extras out of the yard soon.

Last edited:
Typical March weather for a northern climate - gloomy, chilly, some wet of some sort coming down. We've had sprinkles on and off all day. March has had below average temperatures, but it's making up for February being above average. I'm just hoping that when the sun comes out and the temperatures start rising in April we don't go from 38 to 83 all at once. :ohmy:

Ya know, this moisture is a good thing since the state is still in various stages of drought...

Every time I hear the word 'drought', I think of the Quabbin Reservoir and the year the drought was so severe, you could see the little town at the bottom on it. The lamp posts, fences, sidewalks, etc. It was so clear. Even Boston was deeply concerned about supplying water to all the residents. My first thought was for the flock of Bald Eagles that had been started there. Were they going to be able to still catch the fish they needed in order to survive? Today, they have been building nests as far east as Boston. So my worries were for naught.

I know. I have my priorities all screwed up. So let it rain. Keep Quabbin filled to the very top. The Eagles are safe!

That's no fun, CD. My SIL went through that after the hurricanes blew through Orlando in 2004 and took part of their roof as it headed east.

On the plus side: New Roof!

I hope your premiums don't raise the roof when you get the next bill...

CD, we had to have our whole roof totally replaced along with a shed when Isabel came through in 2003.

The conditions outside our window right now are 66 and cloudy. Feels humid outside so may turn the a/c on if it gets horridly oppressive inside here today

I've been to Elizabeth City and it's a lovely town. A group (20?) of us tried to get a small whale back into the water to no avail.

We have a big front coming in off the Pacific today with lots of rain. It's that time of year.

I've been to Elizabeth City and it's a lovely town. A group (20?) of us tried to get a small whale back into the water to no avail.

We have a big front coming in off the Pacific today with lots of rain. It's that time of year.

It seems that every year we have large pods of pilot whales that beach themselves on Cape Cod. All the residents rush to help get them back into the water. Wet towels to keep them from getting sunburn. We are fortunate in that we have the Aquarium in Boston, and when this happen, they send a team to examine the whales and teach the folk the best way to get them back in the water.

This was 1983. I remember the game department came down and said there was nothing to be done for the whale as it was out of water to long and high up on the beach. The tide was going out. There was a corner ice cream shop across the street from the beach. I believe they said it was a pilot whale. I was much younger then, you know. lol

The rain continues here.

This was 1983. I remember the game department came down and said there was nothing to be done for the whale as it was out of water to long and high up on the beach. The tide was going out. There was a corner ice cream shop across the street from the beach. I believe they said it was a pilot whale. I was much younger then, you know. lol

The rain continues here.

Were you visiting the ocean at the time? Elizabeth City is not far from the Atlantic.

The rain seems to have skirted us. Now the sun is coming out.

No, I was at Camp LeJune and a group of us took a day trip to the beach. I was impressed with the pecan farms and didn't realize the parent trees were so big.

Ha ha! As soon as DH got his stuff together and took the dog for a walk, it decided to rain. It's very light right now; we'll see how it goes. (playing with photo filters [emoji38] )
2017-03-28-16-09-07.jpg

Last edited:
What ever. It's what we did and it was a long drive in a deuce and a half. Like I said, we drove to Elisabeth City and we went to a beach - it was 1983. There was a whale. There was pecan pie from a roadside stand and was disappointed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom