What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raining here, too, PF, but it started out "cool". I'm "cool" clear to my bones. Forget the tea and coffee, I think I'm going to make friends with the wine early tonight!

Spike comes by just about every night. Tonight at the end of Jeopardy, his son call him. He needed his father to go to a job he was working on. They had a leak. As usual, Teddy always comes with Spike. But he left him here instead of taking him with him. I had to put his bed near the door so he could lay down while he waited for Spike. Spike came back and told me it was pouring out. Poor Teddy. He hadn't done his duty all day and was eager to get outside. But rain doesn't seem to bother him. Spike had put Teddy's raincoat on. (That dog has a whole wardrobe.) I went downstairs to the lobby with them to get my mail. I looked outside when the door opened. It was pouring. Teddy was in his glory. He is not a big fan of rain until he gets out into it and then he rolls and plays on the grass. Trying to get him to stop and do his duty and then walk home is a chore in itself. I just started to laugh and told Spike, "have a nice walk."

That's no fun, CD. My SIL went through that after the hurricanes blew through Orlando in 2004 and took part of their roof as it headed east.

On the plus side: New Roof!

I hope your premiums don't raise the roof when you get the next bill...

I have been with Allstate since 1986. I have a homeowner's policy you can't get anymore that is underwritten by Lloyds. I am grandfathered in. My rates will not be affected, and my deductible is a fixed one-thousand bucks -- not a percentage.

A few years ago, my car got hammered by an uninsured motorist. $16,000 repair bill. It didn't change my premium one penny.

I could probably save "15 percent or more in fifteen minutes" by shopping around for lower rates, but being with one company for as long as I have been with Allstate means I don't have to argue with them when I do have a claim. When my car was hit, I called Allstate, told them that my car was towed to the best German car body shop in Dallas, and they did the rest.

CD

On topic, more storms are coming through tonight. The worst is supposed to be West of me. Who knows. Like I said before, it is springtime in North Texas.

CD

We're supposed to get on and off showers today. Cooler than yesterday but still warm enough to cut the heat off before cooking breakfast and maybe turn the a/c on sometime today if it get warm and/or humid in here.

Here in Central Kansas, it's cool (high of around 50 today), cloudy and rainy. Love the rain because we have been very dry. It's the first good batch of moisture we've gotten this year.

Beautiful on the Monterey Bay...

Lovely area you live in. I go to Monterey almost every year for car week. Yes, I am one of the fools who pays 250-a-night to sleep in a Motel-6. What would you charge me to pitch a tent in your yard? :D

Besides satisfying my classic car appetite, I also get out of North Texas for a week in August.

Another storm came through at about 3AM today. No hail, but ridiculous wind. Trees and utility poles were knocked down all over town. When one pole goes down, it starts a domino effect. The utility companies will be working through the night.

I have a section of fence I'll need to replace. It is technically still mostly upright, but a good sneeze could finish it off. It's 15 years old, so I can't complain too much.

It's only money, right? :glare:

CD

Lovely area you live in. I go to Monterey almost every year for car week. Yes, I am one of the fools who pays 250-a-night to sleep in a Motel-6. What would you charge me to pitch a tent in your yard? :D

Besides satisfying my classic car appetite, I also get out of North Texas for a week in August.

If I had a yard I'd be pleased to have you pitch a tent... :)

The owner of this small (8 unit) apartment building has one unit which he rents out to vacationers..Its a 2 bedroom unit and very nice.. If you plan a trip here I can put you in touch with him.. Its a popular spot so plan ahead, if interested..

Car week is a huge deal here.. So huge that Jeannie and I don't travel the Peninsula that week.. We walk the Pacific Grove car event as its just a few blocks from our apartment..

When I grew up here, there were no tourists due to the fish cannery's smell.. Time has changed things but, driving around the bay still gives me the same thrill it did 60 years ago...

Last edited:
Another storm came through at about 3AM today. No hail, but ridiculous wind. Trees and utility poles were knocked down all over town. When one pole goes down, it starts a domino effect. The utility companies will be working through the night.

I have a section of fence I'll need to replace. It is technically still mostly upright, but a good sneeze could finish it off. It's 15 years old, so I can't complain too much.

It's only money, right? :glare:

CD

Do you have hay fever...if so stay away from the fence.

Lots of damage over night in Texas. Stay safe.

It is a cool 40 degree F with some sprinkles, here. Going to get some yard work in that does not over tax me. My hired kid was over to set up his mowing schedule for the summer and he will be helping me more around the yard and house. First job this afternoon is moving the 120 pounds of birdseed to the back deck.

If I had a yard I'd be pleased to have you pitch a tent... :)

The owner of this small (8 unit) apartment building has one unit which he rents out to vacationers..Its a 2 bedroom unit and very nice.. If you plan a trip here I can put you in touch with him.. Its a popular spot so plan ahead, if interested..

Car week is a huge deal here.. So huge that Jeannie and I don't travel the Peninsula that week.. We walk the Pacific Grove car event as its just a few blocks from our apartment..

When I grew up here, there were no tourists due to the fish cannery's smell.. Time has changed things but, driving around the bay still gives me the same thrill it did 60 years ago...

Don't remember if I told you, I was born at Fort Ord and lived in Pacific Grove for the first three months of my life. I don't have any memory of the place, but I do feel a connection to the Bay.

Sunny and 55 here today.

We're supposed to have storms coming through tomorrow, so we're going to go do our running around after The View goes off (about an hour from now).

Don't remember if I told you, I was born at Fort Ord and lived in Pacific Grove for the first three months of my life. I don't have any memory of the place, but I do feel a connection to the Bay.

I didn't know that... :)

Too bad you didn't have the opportunity to grow up here.. I'm certain you know that Fort Ord was closed in the 90's.. As a kid, I sold newspapers and shined shoes there on weekends and, of course, did my military training after high school graduation .. My family used to pick up a couple of lonely looking soldiers and bring them home for dinner, on holidays..Fond memories of the fort...

Last edited:
I didn't know that... :)

Too bad you didn't have the opportunity to grow up here.. I'm certain you know that Fort Ord was closed in the 90's.. As a kid, I sold newspapers and shined shoes there on weekends and, of course, did my military training after high school graduation .. My family used to pick up a couple of lonely looking soldiers and bring them home for dinner, on holidays..Fond memories of the fort...

I'm glad I could bring back some fond memories for you. Mom, Dad and I were there in the '60's. Dad was going to Army Language School at the Presidio. Many years later my StepSon attended the Army Language School. Most of my ingrained memories are of Wyoming.

It is now drizzly, I'm still going outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom