What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got up to 86 today, with partly cloudy skies and some strong, gusty winds. It is 79 now at 7PM, and the winds have calmed down.

CD

3°C (37°F) and showers. We have been getting plenty of rain and will be getting enough more this that we are being warned of possible flooding. Frozen ground doesn't absorb much water. :(

It only got down to 22*F last night....13*F had been predicted. And we got more of this than predicted!

Attachments

• DSCN5674.jpg
    DSCN5674.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 88
Rainy and 66 right now - under a Tornado Watch until 1pm. Delayed most schools in this area for 2 hours, and 2 schools closed all together. But I have a feeling we won't get much out of this, no matter what they say.

Rainy and 66 right now - under a Tornado Watch until 1pm. Delayed most schools in this area for 2 hours, and 2 schools closed all together. But I have a feeling we won't get much out of this, no matter what they say.
Cloudy, windy and 69 here, same tornado watch. We've had just a little rain today - the storms are going around us again lol

We had one dry day. It's raining again. Heavy rain warning again, with the reminder that the frozen ground doesn't absorb much of the rain so there could be flooding. 3°C (37°F)

For all those folks under a tornado watch, here's praying that those clouds stay up there where they belong.

Right now it is 40ºF. Rain until 10 tonight. Thunderstorms is our forecast. Poor Teddy. He is so terrified of Tstorms.

When I left the house at nine this morning, it was pouring out. And it hasn't got much better anytime soon.

Expecting rain right into tonight. I am aching from head to foot!

That was a bad day, CD. I remember the news reports mentioning the Xenia tornado more; I guess it was a bigger tornado even though the overall impact wasn't as bad as it was for Mack.

We currently have flash! and BOOM! going on outside. Himself and I love thunderstorms. They aren't anywhere near as common up here as they are back home in OH. So rare, in fact, that sometimes the natives get worried and scared. As long as the wind isn't whipping or the lightening gets low, let it storm!

That was a bad day, CD. I remember the news reports mentioning the Xenia tornado more; I guess it was a bigger tornado even though the overall impact wasn't as bad as it was for Mack.

We currently have flash! and BOOM! going on outside. Himself and I love thunderstorms. They aren't anywhere near as common up here as they are back home in OH. So rare, in fact, that sometimes the natives get worried and scared. As long as the wind isn't whipping or the lightening gets low, let it storm!

The Xenia tornado got more media attention. It hit shortly after the Sayler Park tornado. IIRC, the death toll was higher for Xenia. That town was hit right down the middle.

I remember coming out of our basement, running out the front door, and watching the tornado moving away from us. I could see houses in the next subdivision, which was uphill from us, "exploding" as the tornado got close. It was at least a minute before I looked around, and saw that some houses on my own street were gone. It also took a few seconds for my brain to process that. There was a time lapse between what my eyes could see, and what my brain could comprehend.

My ex-wife and I both used to open the blinds to watch a good thunderstorm. I still do. They are VERY common in Texas.

CD

Last edited:
lGads.... I'm so depressed. The rain is coming from the north in gallons. My roof is now leaking. It happens as the weather comes from the north. It is usually from the west. Now the water runs down the rafters into the front porch. (at least it isn't coming inside the house - but then again the storm isn't over yet... )
AND 200 year old logs don't take kindly to being soaking wet. Obvious water stains will and do stand out. Roof is being repaired this spring but .... it ain't today when I need it the most!!!!

Didn't even know until I went out to close up the geese. Stuck my foot into a boot full of water. It was directly under the dripping.

:mad: Three pairs and exactly one of each pair was full of water. I'd be laughing it I wasn't crying so hard. Naw, I'm not actually crying guys... just totally depressed. Maybe I'll laugh tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom