What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
64ºF. right now. Some sun. This morning it started out with miserable cold rain and the temp was a great 42ºF. And I had to go shopping. Loading up the car was so much fun standing there in the cold and rain.

76 and sunny. Just got back from trip to Food Lion and had to make a side trip to put air in one of the tires. Decided to do Captain D's for lunch - have enough or a couple of meals later, too.

I was spreading composted steer manure in the garden patch when it started raining yesterday. Cold and wet, got it done though. Dad can go out today and start planting seedlings.

It is currently 55 degrees F, no wind.

It is a glorious, sunny 65 degrees right now. I'll be heading out to shop shortly since we have monsoons moving in tomorrow. In fact, this looks like the nicest day in the next week. Best I get out today to run my errands.

Gerona has the typical climate of the north shore of the Mediterranean. In the mornings, it is still quite chilly, approx. 10 degrees centigrade (50 degrees farenheit approx.).

The temperatures increase to approx. 25 - 30 degrees centigrade by 13.00, which is in the mid to high 70s farenheit approx .. And then they drop again after sunset .. Approx. 20.30 hours right now.

I might be a bit off, on the farenheit .. Not using a converter ..

Have a nice day.

Gerona has the typical climate of the north shore of the Mediterranean. In the mornings, it is still quite chilly, approx. 10 degrees centigrade (50 degrees farenheit approx.).

The temperatures increase to approx. 25 - 30 degrees centigrade by 13.00, which is in the mid to high 70s farenheit approx .. And then they drop again after sunset .. Approx. 20.30 hours right now.

I might be a bit off, on the farenheit .. Not using a converter ..

Have a nice day.

I had to search for Gerona.. Came up with Gerona/Girona in Spain.. Is this where you are?... If so it is a magnificent city... :)

Ross

97F here now. :( Still going to grill a steak around 5. Fortunately the patio is on the east side of the house in a shaded area.

Under a Tornado Watch until 1pm and a Severe Thunderstorm warning until 10am. Imagine Got Garlic is experiencing similar conditions, hope you are safe.

Hope anyone else who is affected by this storm system is safe and sound as well.

Sun shiny and 57 degrees F, great time to get outside before it gets hot. (in my case, anything over 70 is HOT) I hope it does not rain today or I will be playing in the mud.

Pea seedlings must be planted today.

Totally agree with you on the "over 70 degrees is HOT" thing, PF. If it's hot by you tomorrow, at least you can undress - it's World Naked Gardening Day. :ermm: :ohmy: Oh NoNoNo, not in our yard. What has been seen cannot be unseen...and no one wants to see >this< woman's body. :sick: :LOL:

Our weather is gloomy, rainy, supposed to be a monsoon sometime today. On the plus side, I can actually tell that the leaves on the trees in the back yard have definitely gotten bigger since I looked yesterday. Pretty soon the back yard trees will completely shade the house again during the heat of the day. Yay!

It's 68, overcast and drizzly and I'm *freezing*! [emoji38]

No naked gardening at my house, either :ohmy: Besides, I'll be spending much of the day with master gardener stuff. It's our semi-annual open garden and plant sale and I'm giving a talk on growing and cooking with fresh herbs. Shoot, that reminds me - I need to stop by the store and pick up a few things for snacks for the demo.

Yikes, It's raining and we have heavy rain warnings. We have rain in the forecast for approximately the next week and it's already flooding on the Island of Montreal.

This is pretty much my favourite grocery store. It's a five minute drive from where I live, 2.2 km (~1.4 miles). Thank goodness we are approximately 10-20 metres further above sea level where we live.

18221976_10155443593179742_7084797859053013325_n.jpg

The governor of New York has asked to lower the water level in Lake Ontario. I hope they don't agree, because, guess where that water would go. Yes, down the St-Lawrence River, which is what is already flooding the southern part of the Island of Montreal and causing the Riviere-des-Prairies to do this to the northern part of the island.

You can run around my house, and up and down my block stark naked if you wanted to today. It is so foggy out you can maybe see 10 feet.

It's going to be fun driving into work tonight. The first mile is a windy mountain road that drops about 500 feet in elevation.
I use the reflectors on the mailboxes on either side of the road to make sure I'm still on the road and not on someone's front lawn on nights like this.

Holy cow, Taxy! :ohmy: That's a lotta water there.

Bucky, hoping for safe travels for you on your way to work tonight.

Ugh...86F here at a little after 7. Supposed to cool down the next few days, though. It won't be long before the triple digits hit here and I am SO not looking forward to that. :(

Last edited:
A lot of the talk at my little dinner party tonight was about the flooding. So sorry Taxy, must be a little scary. I didn't realize just how bad it was, thanks for posting the picture.

Don't think that area has ever flooded before during the entire time I was living there. Lived on the West Island from '67/'68 to '96, plus both my husband and I worked in Dorval for the next 4 years or so.
I remember the flooding of the underpass on 55th and the 20. One person actually drowned it was so fast, his car stalled, and when he tried to get to dry land... well, he didn't make it. (my memory is sketchy, but think that was the gist of it)... From the super heavy downpour and the water backup in the drains.

hmm... Going with my son to the Kirkland theaters for the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Well, the parking lot can flood but at least the theaters are on the second floor! :rolleyes:

Totally agree with you on the "over 70 degrees is HOT" thing, PF. If it's hot by you tomorrow, at least you can undress - it's World Naked Gardening Day. :ermm: :ohmy: Oh NoNoNo, not in our yard. What has been seen cannot be unseen...and no one wants to see >this< woman's body. :sick: :LOL:

Our weather is gloomy, rainy, supposed to be a monsoon sometime today. On the plus side, I can actually tell that the leaves on the trees in the back yard have definitely gotten bigger since I looked yesterday. Pretty soon the back yard trees will completely shade the house again during the heat of the day. Yay!

Today CG, I got the first ever flood warning on my phone. Boston never gets flooding. We have sewer drains on every single block. Sometime two. Depends on the size of the block. It has already started to drizzle here at 1:10 a.m. I have a couple of errands to run tomorrow. Doubt if I will go out at all. Right now at this hour I am planning on going down to the first floor to do three loads of laundry. I was too busy running back and forth for medical appointments for three days in a row. I was so tired by today, I slept the whole day away. I finally didn't keep one appointment. Just didn't have it in me to go to one more. Even though I have door to door transportation. And having a bout of pleurisy didn't help either.

Dragnlaw, how's the water doing around you? I wouldn't have known it was that bad if I hadn't seen that picture. It's still fine here. It makes a different impression when you recognize the place, eh?

Since I garden with Dad, I think he wouldn't want to see and neither would I.

That's probably a good call for both of you. ;) Heck, PF, I don't want to see me when I'm naked! :LOL: It's a shock every time I open the shower curtain, seeing as how the tub is directly across from the mirror. :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom