What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew. I finally made it to the greenhouse to pick up some plants. I wondered why I was feeling hot while driving home, even with the A/C cranked. Then I looked at the thermometer at home, 90°F. No wonder I was hot, those greenhouses were probably 10 or 20° warmer than the outside temp!

I sweated my way through a greenhouse the other day...OMGoodness! It was very hot. Returned the other day in the early morning and it was better.

We are getting "Winter Storm Warnings" in the higher elevations (over 7500', we are at 4100'), if it snows, over 12" of snow. It will close the passes of the highways. I expect a good amount of rain and thunder storms.

It is 78ºF right now. And it will get warmer as the days progress. So I have plugged my scooter in and plan to make a trip with my sewing tomorrow. Early in the morning I will head for the beach, find a bench with a table and spend the day there under the shade. I would rather sit out on the patio, but it is covered in bird doo and it looks like no one is going to clean it this year. And all the ladies like to sit out there and question everything about your life. Something I am not will to share.

Special Weather Statement issued May 16 at 4:36AM MDT until May 18 at 6:00PM MDT by NWS Cheyenne
...Storm System to Bring Cold Temperatures and Widespread Precipitation to the Region Wednesday Night Through Friday... An area of low pressure tracking towards Utah will slow as it crosses the central Rockies on Thursday and Friday. Precipitation associated with this system will begin falling across southeast Wyoming on Wednesday night. Snow-levels will be around 6000 feet, with snow likely falling in areas along and west of the Laramie Range. Meanwhile, temperatures will be warm enough for precipitation to remain mostly rain at elevations below 5500 feet. Temperatures on Thursday and Friday will feel more like February than May, with highs expected to only reach the 30s and 40s. Precipitation will continue through Friday morning before coming to an end Friday afternoon. Confidence is increasing that southeast Wyoming mountains above 7000 feet could receive 6 inches or more of snow from this event, with possibly a few inches of snow mainly on grassy surfaces at Cheyenne and Laramie. Meanwhile lower elevations of the southeast Wyoming and the western Nebraska Panhandle can expect widespread 1 to 2 inches of rainfall. Those with travel plans between Cheyenne and Rawlins late Wednesday Night through Friday should check back for the latest forecast information.

:LOL: Funny, GG! :ROFLMAO:
...Temperatures on Thursday and Friday will feel more like February than May, with highs expected to only reach the 30s and 40s...
If only I could give you 20 of our degrees from the 80+ we're getting tomorrow and the almost 90 on Wednesday, I'd happily take 20 degrees of cold from you. Not too much, since I know you think 70 is blistering hot. ;)

:LOL: Funny, GG! :ROFLMAO:

If only I could give you 20 of our degrees from the 80+ we're getting tomorrow and the almost 90 on Wednesday, I'd happily take 20 degrees of cold from you. Not too much, since I know you think 70 is blistering hot. ;)

Thank you, that will keep my new flowers from freezing and I can wear a sweater IF it's cool.

Under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning at the moment, but more concerning is the tornado heading directly towards us. It's still about an hour away, so it could fizzle out before it gets here, but I'm keeping a close eye on it.

Under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning at the moment, but more concerning is the tornado heading directly towards us. It's still about an hour away, so it could fizzle out before it gets here, but I'm keeping a close eye on it.
Be very careful! Tornado conditions can spawn more, as I'm sure you know!

Foof. A cozy 88°F and breezy today, and our friends the gnats are out in force. We used some organic spray that helped as we struggled to do a half walk. At least I wasn't in another greenhouse.

It has dropped below 80 at 11PM tonight. Windy all day, so it didn't feel hot.

Storms are headed this way. They are in West Texas now, and should get here just in time to wake me up at 4AM. High winds and hail are the main threats. Tornado chances are low -- but Mother Nature sometimes likes to mess with us by triggering the tornado sirens at the worst possible hours of the morning.

I hate tornado sirens at night. I can't go out on the porch, or in the open garage and look at the sky. Well, I could, but I wouldn't see anything.

CD

Hope that tornado didn't get to you, and prayers or the people it did affect.

Please stay safe and use all caution. Don't take any weather for granted. We would miss you. And we need you right here with us. And please do check back frequently to let us know you and yours are all right.

Tornado warning here right now. Rain and pea-size hail. Sun is still shining. Beagle and I moved from the sunroom into the family room, and I have the basement door open. DH made it home from work a few minutes before the rain started. The warning will expire in a few minutes.

Please stay safe and use all caution. Don't take any weather for granted. We would miss you. And we need you right here with us. And please do check back frequently to let us know you and yours are all right.

Yes, we are fine. Of course, we are supposed to be in for another round tomorrow (Thursday). So, we'll see what happens. I live in a very low population density area, so even a Tornado on the ground usually means damage to some trees in pastures. But still, I'm only an hour from the infamous Greensburg, so you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom