What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had thunderstorms yesterday - supposed to again today.

81 degrees at 10:00 - Humidity 79% - feels like 87 out there already. How's it going in your neck of the woods, GG?
Same [emoji38] We went to a neighborhood party last night. It poured down rain till about a half hour before it started and then rained again after we got home. Worked out perfectly!

It's so humid it feels like I'm walking around inside of a sponge. :ermm: Windows closed, A/C engaged...we'll sleep cool and dry tonight. It's not actually warm right now, about 68 degrees, but it's a clammy 68.

8am and it is supposed to be 71 f. But it's already about 81 f. High called for is around 86 into the late afternoon then with T-storms. Hate to think what it will really get to.

It is summer! and I can't stand shutting my windows for the a/c. only I can't take the humidity. We wait all winter to be able to open the windows and sit outside. Then come the bugs to drive us back inside and the humidity to make us shut the windows.... arghhhh

in a bit I will 'bite the bullet' and shut up the house tight and turn on the a/c units. :glare:

Same [emoji38] We went to a neighborhood party last night. It poured down rain till about a half hour before it started and then rained again after we got home. Worked out perfectly!

Glad it worked out well for you and the party. We were supposed to have some yesterday but all we got was a bit of rain in the AM. Heard some thunder but no rain materialized out of it. That was a good thing though - our lawn service was here yesterday.

8am and it is supposed to be 71 f. But it's already about 81 f. High called for is around 86 into the late afternoon then with T-storms. Hate to think what it will really get to.

It is summer! and I can't stand shutting my windows for the a/c. only I can't take the humidity. We wait all winter to be able to open the windows and sit outside. Then come the bugs to drive us back inside and the humidity to make us shut the windows.... arghhhh

in a bit I will 'bite the bullet' and shut up the house tight and turn on the a/c units. :glare:

When you head outside, wipe down your exposed areas (face, arms, etc.) with a dryer sheet. And keep the sheet with you outside. Bugs hate the smell of them.

109F here so far. Ugh - here's the forecast for the next few days. :huh:

Attachments

• June weather forecast.jpg
    June weather forecast.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 68
Yep, GG...I refilled my gallon water jug in the fridge yesterday, and it's almost gone already. :LOL: It's nice and cool inside, and if I have to go out it's from an A/C house to an A/C car to an A/C store, so it's not too bad. I worry about the elderly who for some reason or another, aren't staying hydrated or cool enough.

Hope the thunderstorms in your area pass over quickly!

Me too, Dawg! AC is a necessity here.

Ross...yes, you are definitely fortunate to be living on the coast. Pacific Grove is a beautiful area!

My daughter, grandsons, and I are getting out of Dodge and spending a week up in NoCal near Lake Tahoe the last week of June. Should be cooler up there - can't wait. :w00t:

Too. Pant. Hot. Pantpant.

Sure glad you have A/C!
Yup, this! Keep cool, Cheryl, and think of cooler days.

The sun room was opened up to the outside, but closed off to the house. When I went out to toss peanuts to the squirrels, I inhaled and thought I would drown. Himself tried convincing me that it's a little cooler and drier now, but I told him open up and he risks bodily harm. :LOL: 68 and humid is not my idea of good sleeping conditions.

Had a very strong storm early this morning, 75 miles per hour wind, with over 4 inches of rain with hail. It ripped apart our very big tree in our front yard. My husband had lots of neighborhood help (bless them) cleaning up. I hope we can save what is left. Alot of people in our area had their trees uprooted. We are expecting another big storm tonight.

Sorry to hear about the storm damage, JoAnn. I hope you ended up with a restful night.

Today's high was 90. Then our storms rolled through. Thunder and lightning, hail in some areas but not ours, and no high winds. However, the town just north of us experienced a rainfall of 4.75 inches per hour for a short time. I think that same cloud was over us. We don't have a deck off of our sun room, so it's a 3 foot "first step". The water right out the door had to be at least six inches deep. I had to ask Himself when the new pool went into our back yard. The water was rolling off the sun room roof so fast it was like the tour behind Niagara Falls when standing at the window. :LOL: Thankfully, our basement is completely dry. I'm afraid our neighbor next door doesn't enjoy one, though. :(

Still hot tomorrow - upper 80s. Then Friday comes along and so does sweatshirt weather. They're predicting a high around 65. :wacko:

We go CG storm later last night. Right now there are more storm clouds forming. So we are just waiting for the falls to start again. Poor Teddy. He ran into my walk-in closet when the thunder started. Even though it was way, way off. Then when it did start, I had to shut the door for him. I put his little bed and rug that he likes to lie on, while he was in there. When it was over, he refused to come out for about a half hour. Then he refused to leave with Spike. So he spent the night here sleeping with Pirate all wrapped up while Pirate held him close.

This morning Spike showed up really early and took him for his morning walk. When he came back, back into the closet he went. It was a while before he would come out. Not even for Spike. Right now he is out for another walk and he left readily. So I guess there are no thunderstorms in our immediate future.

But we are just waiting for the next storm to come our way. And it is coming. For the next two or three days. It will be coming your way CG. So let me know when you get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom