What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness, Addie. Hope you get warm soon.

I don't use the dryer very often. I don't like what it does to my clothes. So we had a rack full of clothes drying. It was so cold here and damp from all the heavy rainfall, that it took three days for it all to dry. Putting on the oven for a couple of hours made all the difference. The walls got warm and so did the apartment. Warm enough to dry the laundry and me and my old bones.

99 degrees, with a heat index of 102. In other words, hot and muggy.

Lots of mosquitos in the evenings, and local mosquito breeding ponds are testing positive for West Nile Fever. We've had this problem for a few years.

CD

Absolutely gorgeous today here along the river. Never got out of the mid-70's.

Had a very strong storm early this morning, 75 miles per hour wind, with over 4 inches of rain with hail. It ripped apart our very big tree in our front yard. My husband had lots of neighborhood help (bless them) cleaning up. I hope we can save what is left. Alot of people in our area had their trees uprooted. We are expecting another big storm tonight.

Well, between our wonderful neighbors and the best tree man we finally got the tree and mess cleaned up. I want to try to save what is left of my poor tree and see what happens to it this winter. At first our insurance company said it was not covered on our homeowners policy but I was called yesterday and they told me it is covered. Yeah!

I don't use the dryer very often. I don't like what it does to my clothes. So we had a rack full of clothes drying. It was so cold here and damp from all the heavy rainfall, that it took three days for it all to dry. Putting on the oven for a couple of hours made all the difference. The walls got warm and so did the apartment. Warm enough to dry the laundry and me and my old bones.

Glad you got warm & the clothes got dry!

We had a thunderstorm about 2:30 or 3:00 this AM, it woke me up or a minute.

83 outside now, feels like 91. At least there are no Heat Advisories today, thank goodness.

I got this warning yesterday afternoon.

FB_IMG_1500376009061.jpg

I've lost track of how many days our thermometer has topped 100° this summer. 101° is forecast for today, so ours will probably show 102 or 103. Got thunderstormed on last evening in my golf league - just some cloud to cloud lightning and rain for a half hour or so, but it was getting up a good head of steam as it moved east toward southwestern Nebraska.

Maybe it's time to give in to Mother Nature and get a window air conditioner, PF?

Back when we were A/C-less, we'd set fans in windows opposite the cooler side of the house, then blow the air out from the fan. It would draw the cooler air inside and make it a little less intolerable. As soon as it would start to get a wee bit warm in the morning, I would wake up. Then I would wander the house, half-asleep, taking the fans out, closing all the windows, and drawing all the drapes. It made the house OK enough so that we could keep it closed up till the middle of the afternoon...when we'd start all over again!

I hope you get some decent rest. With all the "stuff" going on in your life, you certainly need sleep. :flowers:

Maybe it's time to give in to Mother Nature and get a window air conditioner, PF?

Back when we were A/C-less, we'd set fans in windows opposite the cooler side of the house, then blow the air out from the fan. It would draw the cooler air inside and make it a little less intolerable. As soon as it would start to get a wee bit warm in the morning, I would wake up. Then I would wander the house, half-asleep, taking the fans out, closing all the windows, and drawing all the drapes. It made the house OK enough so that we could keep it closed up till the middle of the afternoon...when we'd start all over again!

I hope you get some decent rest. With all the "stuff" going on in your life, you certainly need sleep. :flowers:

CG, that's exactly what I do! :rolleyes: I finally installed A/C about 2 years ago and I still do it. I just can't bear to close up all the windows now that summer is here, the air, the sounds... what I've been looking forward to all winter. So I only turn the A/C on mid day and then off again in the late evening... IF it cools down. Last night I just had it on dehumidify as it wasn't over warm just very humid.

Princess, hope you got some restful sleep. Listen, there's no shame in taking some cat-naps, do so if you need them!

Cooler today, only to get up to 88. Had rain for most of the night. I'm headed out to the yard for some relax time.

I have two window air conditioners, they don't fit in my windows:wacko: Only one window on the south side of the house, it's a casement window in the dining room. Casement window in the living room facing west. A slider window in the second bedroom (Shrek's music room) facing west.

I'm thinking a two fan for blowing out in the dining room would be the best bet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom