What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep looking at my little weather station's display unit on the kitchen windowsill, finding it hard to process the data. It says it's 85. It also tells me the humidity is blissfully low - only 39%. I'm amazed at how tolerable a hot-hot temperature can feel all because the air is bone-dry. As long as I'm not sweating, it's not too hot.

Either that, or my heart is failing and I don't notice the heat. :ermm: My Mom would pull a sweater on during the summer of '88 when Cleveland hit their highest temp of 104 degrees. She said she felt cold. Then she had a major heart attack in mid-September.

I think it's just the lack of humidity...

I keep looking at my little weather station's display unit on the kitchen windowsill, finding it hard to process the data. It says it's 85. It also tells me the humidity is blissfully low - only 39%. I'm amazed at how tolerable a hot-hot temperature can feel all because the air is bone-dry. As long as I'm not sweating, it's not too hot.

Either that, or my heart is failing and I don't notice the heat. :ermm: My Mom would pull a sweater on during the summer of '88 when Cleveland hit their highest temp of 104 degrees. She said she felt cold. Then she had a major heart attack in mid-September.

I think it's just the lack of humidity...
Are you sure the heart attack was related to the cold feeling? Thyroid issues can cause problems with regulating body temperature, which can affect blood flow/pressure. It's amazing the weird issues that thyroid malfunction can cause.

It's 83 and sunny with 48 percent humidity here right now. We're looking at a week of rain starting tomorrow.

Last edited:
HOT, hot, HOT, hot, HOT! 9pm and still 82° in my room. It's supposed to cool off somewhat tomorrow but I'm looking forward to rain and 60 degree temps on Sunday. YAY!

It could have been a lot worse, though. We've had the smoke from the BC fires hanging over us for a week now, although that's finally going to start moving out tomorrow. The smoke has been deflecting the heat, so it really has been about 5 degrees cooler than it was supposed to be.

Here's a couple pics of Seattle in the smoke. The first picture is what the sun looks like as it's setting.

Attachments

• Seattle 1.jpg
    Seattle 1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Seattle 2.jpg
    Seattle 2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Seattle 3.jpg
    Seattle 3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
It is pretty typical Dallas in August weather. It got up to 97, and it is 85 now at around midnight.

I just heard the mosquito sprayer go by. We had our first case of confirmed West Nile Virus recently, and mosquito pools are testing positive. I do my yard and garden work in the heat of the day, because it's better than having soak myself in OFF to work in the morning or evening.

CD

The weather was perfect for our trip to the Farmer's Market today. Not too hot or chilly. A nice breeze

Right now it is 74ºF.

We have a new maintenance man. He speaks very, very little English. But what beautiful work he does. He doesn't just wipe off the windowsills in the halls. He scrubs them. So today when I came back from the Farmer's Market, I went into the Community Room to get my scooter, there he was cleaning the floor. He was sweating so hard. Now that room has a glass roof and the sun was beating down into that room. The temp had to be well over 100. I went over and turned the AC on high for him and then went over and turned the other one on in the TV room. He found a spot where it was blowing right on him. He looked at me and gave me the biggest smile. I then showed him how to turn it on. Earlier, when Pirate went down to get my mail, he was in the hallway cleaning and sweating. Pirate told him to come in and get some water. He handed him the pitcher from the fridge and turned to get a tall glass. Pirate turned around and the maintenance man was drinking right from the pitcher and drank the whole thing.

It was typical August today, HOT, but turned wet this evening. We are just finishing round three, and about to start round four of thunderstorms. I'm fine with that. Rain in August is rare in North Texas, and this much is wonderful. This may last long enough to actually sink into the ground, instead of running off and leaving us dry in a day or two.

CD

Yup. We're in a little lull in the rain but more is coming. Good thing I don't have to go anywhere today.

And boy, did more rain come - we couldn't have gotten out of the neighborhood, even if we wanted to. It's raining a bit right now, but not nearly as bad as it was yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom