What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, rainy and heavenly! Love this weather.

PF, I just want you to know I have walked around all summer bundled up from my ankles to the top of my neck. I am so glad you enjoy cool weather. I get dressed every day in my regular clothes each morning. Then on top of that I put on my long housecoat and a sweater. When I have to go downstairs to check for my mail, I put on my jacket. And that is when the temp is 75 or above. I very rarely turn the AC on. And then only because it has gotten humid in my apartment due to something cooking on the stove.

Right now, at midnight, it is 82 degrees. They are talking rain and cooler temperatures by the middle of next week. I hope so.

CD

Trying to get used to this sudden fall temperature drop, and freezing half to death in the early morning. :LOL: Almost time to start wearing the sweats and socks instead of Tshirts and sandals, and pulling the comforter up on my bed. :wacko::LOL:

No comforter or flannel blanket needed here. At 10:40PM, it is 85 degrees here. AC and ceiling fan needed to sleep here.

CD

61F here now at 9PM, and a low of 49F tonight.

Princess, I also sleep a lot better when it's cool. Can't stand any heat blowing down on me in the middle of the night. :glare: Sooo...guess I can't complain, this is actually the most perfect time of year here. No AC, no heater, just the ceiling fans. :)

Sometimes I have the windows open a little when I go to bed, but the birds wake me up at dawn with all their chirping. LOL

Last edited:
Remaking the bed with flannel blanket and a fleece blanket at the foot just in case.
I just bought a new set of flannel sheets for the bed! I'll have to wait a while before I can try them out, though.

We are supposed to get to 45F tonight. I still have the windows open about two inches for fresh air.
My MIL left her bedroom window open all winter long...even when they lived in Cleveland! Himself remembers little bits of snow piling up into mini-drifts on his folks' bedroom window sill. Brrrrr. I mean I love sleeping in a cooler room, too, but not so cold as to make getting out from under the cozy covers a real challenge the next morning. :LOL:

We're at 66 degrees right now, and very windy. The prediction for the next week, however, is upper 70s and 80s. Blech.

It's going to be hotter this weekend than it has been all summer, reaching upwards of 90.
And we're already into fall.

Gonna head down to the boat to clean it up before the marina power washes, shrink wraps, and puts it away for the winter.

The water temp is a brisk 64°. Guess who gets to go swimming to help with the cleanup? :ermm:

Son Number One, bt?

This weekend's 90s are just making up for this past June's cold weather. I was wearing sweatpants and considering a sweatshirt for a few days back then. I've been saying for years that we aren't having global warming. It's just that the seasons are shifting, starting a month later than what our own timelines expect. Dog Days of September, anyone? Just don't tell Sirius. ;)

GG, looks like we're going to have to keep an eye on Maria next week. At least Monday looks like it will be OK, which is good because I have to go take care of some errands Monday AM.

As far as the weather, it's 69 and sunny right now. Supposed to get up in the 80's today.

GG, looks like we're going to have to keep an eye on Maria next week. At least Monday looks like it will be OK, which is good because I have to go take care of some errands Monday AM.

As far as the weather, it's 69 and sunny right now. Supposed to get up in the 80's today.
As of today's 8 am update from the National Hurricane Center, it looks like she'll be staying out at sea. There will probably be more high surf in the OBX, though.
150243_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.jpg

For today, though, 78 and gorgeous right now.

Last edited:
Last night it got down to 38⁰F, the overnight low tonight is suppose to be 40⁰F
HEH! Isn’t this Arizona?
Oh yeah, it gets cold at night in the desert…
HA!
Just bought an electric blanket for my Mother for when she comes to visit
in December... I think we'll be putting that on OUR bed in the meantime! My husband also likes to leave windows open.

As of today's 8 am update from the National Hurricane Center, it looks like she'll be staying out at sea. There will probably be more high surf in the OBX, though.
View attachment 27984

For today, though, 78 and gorgeous right now.

As long as she doesn't decide to either pay us a direct visit, or turn into another Matthew I think we'll be OK. We don't have any plans or Tuesday thru Thursday anyway.

It's 74 and sunny this AM. So far, no AC needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom