What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are back to normal. Morning fog and 55, then the sun will make and appearance and it will reach 72. Tomorrow will be the same, but it will only hit 69.

According to Siri, it looks like we got down to 33 just before sunrise. It is 56 right now, and sunny. Light wind.

It was 62 in the house when I got up, so I gave in and turned on the heating systems. I'll probably turn them off at 68 degrees.

CD

Woke up around 6am, got ready to go out to the paper box - the minute I stepped out the door, the bottom fell out! Had to put on dry everything when I got back in.

Our temp is supposed to stay in the 60's and overcast all day. Then tonight come the rains. Boston is under flood watch as well as some other areas for tonight. That is unusual for Boston. I have the window cracked just a bit. Enough to let in some air.

This apartment can get so stuffy at times. Right now I have a chicken in the oven roasting. Having the oven on has heated up this place. No need to turn on the heat (yet).

We didn't see Toto, or the Wicked Witch, but it sure felt like we were about to be blown all the way to Oz tonight! We had driving rains and very high winds from about 6:00PM Sunday evening until around 2:00AM Monday. Fortunately, we had a lot of heavy garbage in our cart, which is (still) upright at the bottom of the driveway, waiting for pick-up Monday. We discovered there is a small opening along the fireplace where it meets the foundation...evidenced by a wet foundation ledge where they meet. Looks like a trip to Lowe's is in order sooner rather than later! In the last 24 hours or so our high was 60 and our low was 57. Kinda boring, but I'll take it. ;) In fact, it seems like that will be our weather for the rest of the week - minus the downpours and winds. *phew*

There are a lot of down branches on the two sidewalk trees across the street. Someone got out of their car and moved a rather large one out of the way so cars could get by. The sump pump has been running like mad all night and still even though the rain has stopped for now. I have lived through worst Nor'easters than this one. In February of 1978 we had a really bad one. The two weeks later we had another one that brought Eastern Massachusetts to a standstill.

This one was mostly wind with some rain. No big deal.

We just ran in and out of the rest area in Somerset, PA. It's freezing here! Can't wait to get home where the sun is shining and the high temperature today will be 65!
Capture%2B_2017-10-31-10-43-33.jpg

When we got up yesterday, I was almost afraid to look out the window. With all of the rain we had on Sunday, plus the gale-force winds, I wasn't sure all of our big trees were still upright. Thankfully, every tree was still in place, straight as can be. *phew*

It is a beautiful, sunny day here in the MA frontier today. Slight breeze, mid-50s...and it will be clear tonight. As in, if Himself actually wants to sit on the porch to hand out trick-or-treats, God love him. I might pop out every once in a while, but when the sun goes down, so will the temperatures. No costume is worth sitting on the porch when it's only 40-couple. I have two nice, big windows that overlook the porch, and I'll be on the warm side of them! :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
In Ellensburg WA yesterday it was cold and very windy. I had to stuff Kleenex in my ears to block the cold wind. I had to buy some eyedrops, too, as my eyeballs got windburned.

I'll be landing in Dallas in a couple of hours to mid 70s. I'm off to Scottsdale next week, sometime. Who knows where else. It's going to be weather roulette between now and christmas.

CD

CD... if you can flip an omelet and make scrambled eggs... you can survive those weather flips! LOL :LOL:

Hang in there, you weather traveler you!

Crazy warm here. Hard to believe it's November 2nd. Cloudy and slightly breezy and 70F. The window boxes and hanging baskets are lush with color because the flowers are blooming themselves silly. I'm lovin' it since they provide some color to the otherwise dreary landscape. We still have many trees with green leaves and not many leaves have fallen.

I'm still wearing shorts and tank tops and we've only had the heat kick on a handful of times. Works for us. Looks like fall is following the same plan.

Last edited:
It SNOWED!!!! I'm so excited. It was also gracious enough to melt when it hit pavement, so driving was fine and I didn't have to shovel the walk.

A little chilly here, 68F :)lol:) at 3:30PM. Feels cooler because of the breeze. Last week it was in the 80's.

CD... if you can flip an omelet and make scrambled eggs... you can survive those weather flips! LOL :LOL:

Hang in there, you weather traveler you!

The worst is yet to come. I'm heading into my busiest business travel season. Going from Southern Cali to Whichita Kansas in December is a great one.

It is 84 degrees right now (7:12PM) here in Dallas.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom