What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 48 degrees right now. The temps have been low enough for me to turn off the AC, and make gumbo. We are supposed to get pretty close to freezing in the next few nights.

I'll be in Vegas for the next couple of days, and the weather there is about the same as here -- but drier.

Sorry GG, but I hate pansies. Every landscaping company in Dallas plants them by the millions here in the winter -- in perfectly symmetrical rows and patterns. I keep thinking that, surely something else grows here in the winter, but it doesn't matter unless there is something cheaper to have the cheap (mostly illegal) labor plant.

CD

It’s frigging cold here in Las Vegas. Okay, Minnesotans would call it “chilly” or “autumn-like,” but for me (I was raised in SoCal), it’s cold! I think it’ll get down to the low 40s tonight! (12/06).

I worked at a hotel here for several years, and always had to remind guests that visited after the 1st of November that “desert” means dry, not hot!

We spent hours in the car today, so 40 outside was a non-factor unless we were making a run from the car to inside somewhere. However, it was still a pleasant 40 as we walked Main Street in the village of Warwick NY late this afternoon. Looks like the next couple of days for us here in the frontier of MA will be around normal - low 40s. Time to stock the fridge with soup-making supplies, since next week is going to range in the 20s...brrr...

Sorry GG, but I hate pansies. Every landscaping company in Dallas plants them by the millions here in the winter -- in perfectly symmetrical rows and patterns. I keep thinking that, surely something else grows here in the winter, but it doesn't matter unless there is something cheaper to have the cheap (mostly illegal) labor plant.

Well, since you don't live in my house, you can hate them all you want! [emoji38] I grew up in Michigan and always loved pansies, but of course, up there, they're a summer plant. I was really excited when we moved here to find out that they do best in the winter. Their beautiful little faces are so cheerful :mrgreen:

Well, since you don't live in my house, you can hate them all you want! [emoji38] I grew up in Michigan and always loved pansies, but of course, up there, they're a summer plant. I was really excited when we moved here to find out that they do best in the winter. Their beautiful little faces are so cheerful :mrgreen:
I agree. I love them. A friend says they have cute kitten faces. I think they try to look like butterflies. Some are just a pretty single colour. I wonder how well they grow indoors, 'cause they certainly won't grow under the snow.

All is calm right now, but by morning we should be getting our first snowfall of the year. And what a snowfall it could be! We're smack in the middle of the "4 to 7 inch" zone. Himself is sure the snowblower will start up on the first try. I think we'll be finding out soon enough! :LOL:

I get my new wheelchair today. Fortunately I don't have to go anywhere with the snow coming. Right now it is 37ºF. But it will drop once the snow starts. CG will get it before I do. Not really looking forward to it.

If I don't get approved for "The Ride" I will be stuck in the house (except for my trips to Winthrop) as long as there is snow on the ground.

Does anyone know why they shut the National Weather television station off the air? That always gave us such an in depth report.

Awoke to 34 degrees this morning. There's some frost in inland areas away from the coast, but we're expecting a sunny day to warm things back up.

I have no idea what the weather is like at my house. I'll find out in a few hours. It was cold this morning in NC. Not bad at all by noon.

CD

December 21, the first day of winter. Yesterday, the last of autumn, it was 70° and kids were out riding bikes in t-shirts. Today at 10:30 AM it's 17° and snowing. I didn't know that Mother Nature followed the calendar quite so precisely.

Accuweather shows no significant change in store for at least 10 days. I think I'm going to hibernate for a while. :sleep:

-11°C and feels like -17°C (1°F) on the Island of Montreal, QC. There is freezing rain in the forecast for tomorrow, but we have enough snow that I think we will still have a white Xmas.

18* & continuing to snow all day. 2" so far, 4" predicted in SE South Dakota.
Nice day to snuggle up under a thick blanket & enjoy a relaxing Birthday weekend with our daughter home from college.

Cheryl, is that unseasonably cold for you? Right now, in NE Ohio at 12:30 AM, we have 38. Tonight's low is supposed to be 27; tomorrow has a predicted high of 51...and rain. Blah.

Cheryl, is that unseasonably cold for you? Right now, in NE Ohio at 12:30 AM, we have 38. Tonight's low is supposed to be 27; tomorrow has a predicted high of 51...and rain. Blah.

Not really. Surprisingly, it gets pretty durn cold out in the southwest high desert. Kgirl can probably tell ya that, too. :ermm::LOL:

Just checked again and it's now 31F.

An unusual 38 degrees on Monterey Bay this morning.. I think I'll need long sleeves today.. :rolleyes:

An unusual 41 degrees in Springfield, Missouri, where I'll be in January.. Of course, it will probably be 20 degrees with snow and ice when I get there... :wacko:

Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom