What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for our Mediterranean climate. It is colder than a well digger's belt buckle in central California. I had a glass of Pepsi with ice in it with supper and 3 hours later the ice still hadn't melted. I left pork chops on the counter all day and they were still not thawed by supper. I've had the furnace on for 6 nights in a row. I am afraid my gas bill is going to triple to $24.00 this month.

So much for our Mediterranean climate. It is colder than a well digger's belt buckle in central California. I had a glass of Pepsi with ice in it with supper and 3 hours later the ice still hadn't melted. I left pork chops on the counter all day and they were still not thawed by supper. I've had the furnace on for 6 nights in a row. I am afraid my gas bill is going to triple to $24.00 this month.

Nothing better to wake up to freezing temps and a lot of winter wonderland frost. Brrrrr.

Made a cup of coffee this morning. It was ice cold within 10 minutes.
We've had the house heater on 24/7 to.Gas bill doesn't kill us it's the electric bill that does.PG&E has been adding an extra sur charge to our bill since March.They say were using more electricity that other homes in our neighborhood.:glare::rolleyes:

When I went to bed last night at a bit past midnight, it was 6° F. Right now at about noon, it's 33°. This is forecast as the warmest day in the next 5.

I had to close the bedroom window last night. Guess I better get going if today will be the warmest for the next week.

It is 80 degrees in Houston, where I am, but it is 37 in Dallas, where I live. That front is supposed to come through Houston tonight, but won't be quite as cold when it gets here.

CD

24 F now, should get down to 12 F tonight. I have my work ham in the car, should do just fine until Monday night.

High of 9*F today. At least the sun is shinning & it's not windy for a change in SE South Dakota

After pushing 60 on Friday, we're at 31 and dropping now. Little wonder Himself is down with a miserable cold. If he gifts any of us with colds this Christmas, he's gonna be in big trouble...

We had rain followed by snow. The highways are bad enough that we have cancelled the trip to Cornwall to visit with my m-i-l and b-i-l. There have apparently been quite a few spinouts and collisions.

It's 11 F @ 2:30 in the afternoon. No wind, Thankfully!

It got down to -16 F with windchill of -25 F last night. So cold I thought I would freeze over while putting gas in the car this morning.

Right now, it is 44 back home in Dallas, but here in Houston, it is 68. It is 31 in Dalhart, which is in the Texas panhandle, and 75 in Brownsville, which is the Southernmost city in Texas.

All of those temperatures in one state.

CD

My wife and I shoveled the steps and sidewalks around the Methodist Church this afternoon so that folks wouldn't have to battle that for Christmas Eve services. The member who usually contacts the snow remover was out of town, and the pastor was away for much of the day too, so I guess nobody realized that there was an issue. My wife went into to practice her piano selections for the service on the church piano and found that nobody had cleaned the 3 inches of snow we got last night, so we did our part.

In conclusion, the service was a great success. We had the biggest gathering in at least 3 years... very nice for a church which has been on hard times for a while now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom