What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because it's a BIG state, Casey! :D

We're 25 minutes into Christmas, it's 28 degrees, and we have a beautiful one inch of snow on the grass. :heart: It should be overcast all day, so the snow should stay while the roads remain clean. The best of all worlds.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I'm happy that we have a white Christmas for our guests arriving today from the Southeast.

3" of fresh snow overnight.

Woke up at 7:30 am this Christmas morning to 10 below 0. It's warmed up to 6 now, the be sun feels good.
Merry Christmas to you all from SE South Dakota!

It is? I hadn't noticed. ;)

It is 40-degrees at 8AM in Houston, and 31 back home in Dallas. The front made it to Houston overnight.

No snow, though. :(

CD

Casey - back in 1989 on my first scuba diving trip we had to change planes in Houston on the way to Roatan, Honduras. It was 16° and snowing as we waited, hoping that they wouldn't start cancelling flights. That was just a few days before Christmas.

Today I woke up to snow, which has since stopped, but it is currently 13° (heading for a forecast high of 16) and quite breezy, so the wind chill is holding it to a 0° feel. Now I have to go out and quickly clear off the sidewalk before our guests start arriving - fortunately, it's a short sidewalk. :)

We had some rain a couple of days ago but only snow since. Hasn't stopped since late last night. Temp is about the same 16 F right now and supposed to stay like that til tomorrow am when it will start to drop rapidly. It's very blustery thou making for sudden drifts on the roads with white outs.

I've got over 8" on my back patio, only because the wind doesn't move it out. My driveway has clear parts and knee high parts tho.

Not sure I will be able to open the door for the geese for much longer... as long as it stays light and fluffy - all's good. After that they're shut in til the melt.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
Best Wishes for wonderful and memorable celebrations!

and LOTS of YUMMY DELIGHTS!

I'm back home in Dallas, and it is 39 degrees, with on-and-off drizzle. We may get some overpass freezing tonight.

CD

Right now it's -15°C (5°F). That's the warmest it's going to be for at least a week. In fact, it won't go all the way up to 0°F in that time. Brr

Brrrrr, taxy, that's crazy cold! The forecast for back in MA is cold, but not quite that bad. The highest predicted daytime high is 14 (-10) and the coldest overnight low is guessed to be -5F (-20.55C). That's TWO down comforter weather. :LOL:

Meanwhile, I'm glad we'll be staying in OH till sometime after the New Year. For the next week, temperatures here at our daughter's will range between 14F (-10C) and 27F (-2.8C) for daily highs, overnight lows from 16F (-8.8C) to 3F (-16.1C) for the most part - with one renegade 0 for good measure.

I'm shivering just reading how cold it is for all of you.

SC is taking down the pretty icicle Christmas lights this morning. We needed fake icicles in these parts. The sun is shining bright on the front porch with a perfectly clear smoke free sky this morning at 9am, and the thermometer is reading 70 degrees. Wishing you all could sit with us on our porch.

It was a 3 dog night last night, tonight should be a bit warmer at 19 F. I need to get the snow off the porch and driveway. Our nice neighbor got the walk.

It is Noon-thirty and the temp just hit +1 degrees F. Yay.

I don't have 3 dogs. One cat. She is a help, mostly for herself. She starts out crawling under the blankets and tickles with her Whiskas, then proceeds down to the bottom of the blankets and winds up curled up where my top foot meets my ankles. Must be too warm, as that's the position she is in when I wake up, only on top of the blankets.

I'm wearing merino wool sox, lambs wooley lined slippers, manly style cuddle duds - long johns, matching top, except one is black, one is dark grey, flannel pj's, flannel shirt and a hoody. My, but I am warm today!

Bought my first package of Luzianne tea, s'posed to make great ice tea, from Walmart, where I seldom shop, so grabbed it while the getting was good. This was pretty recent, like November?. I think I deserve a glassa ice tea today rather than my usual mid day hot cuppa.

Last edited:
It is Noon-thirty and the temp just hit +1 degrees F. Yay.

I don't have 3 dogs. One cat. She is a help, mostly for herself. She starts out crawling under the blankets and tickles with her Whiskas, then proceeds down to the bottom of the blankets and winds up curled up where my top foot meets my ankles. Must be too warm, as that's the position she is in when I wake up, only on top of the blankets.

I'm wearing merino wool sox, lambs wooley lined slippers, manly style cuddle duds - long johns, matching top, except one is black, one is dark grey, flannel pj's, flannel shirt and a hoody. My, but I am warm today!

Bought my first package of Luzianne tea, s'posed to make great ice tea, from Walmart, where I seldom shop, so grabbed it while the getting was good. This was pretty recent, like November?. I think I deserve a glassa ice tea today rather than my usual mid day hot cuppa.

I went to Minneapolis once in a January. I'd prefer not to do that again... EVER! I walked out of the airport, and inhaled. It hurt my lungs. :LOL:

Down here, Luzianne iced tea is a staple. Community makes a good tea for iced tea, too -- a bit stronger. IMO, iced tea really does need a different blend of teas than hot tea does. The teas I like hot just don't work as well when iced.

cD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom