What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only 10 AM and it's 94. With the heat index, it's already 98 degrees! We're under a heat advisory here, too, for today and tomorrow. After that, though it looks like we're getting some cooler temps. I'd give anything to be able to turn off the AC and open up the windows!

It is 93 here right now (heat index 101 degrees), and it is supposed to get up to 98. The humidity is what makes it especially bad.

:cool: Barbara

We've hit 100 three days in a row. There's supposed to be a cool front coming in tonight.
One thing about it, the humidity has been low...it was only 54% last evening. But you walk out the door, and it's like walking into an oven.
Wonder if I could really fry an egg on the sidewalK? Has anyone ever really done that?

Constance said:
Wonder if I could really fry an egg on the sidewalK? Has anyone ever really done that?
One of our local news stations tried it one time. They got a big mess, but it didn't really cook. LOL I think it could actually be done if you did it right. I know read that you can bake bread using the sun, if you made a little "oven" using a domed metal cover.

:) Barbara

heat advisory here too. it'll be 95 degrees but with the heat index it'll be 105. it was already 80 degrees here at 7 a.m.

Sunny!!! It'll be 83 here this afternoon. For Seattle that's pretty warm.
I sure wouldn't like it any hotter. You guys should all come stay with us for a few weeks!!

It has been in the lower hundreds for the past couple of weeks, with the heat index at around 112. We haven't had rain for almost a month, and there are cracks in the ground 3" wide. The grass crunches under your feet, and the roots of plants have totally withered away. We are in serious drought, and everyone is suffering. I don't ever remember the summer being this bad.

Everyone, when I pray, I pray for the coming of good weather for all of us, so please, do the same. I don't know how much longer we can take it.

Journal entry 07.26.2005

Ahhhh.... at last it is dark!

The sun is horrendously brutal on this planet, and each day we pray for the relief that we know only sunset will bring. Even, then, the relief is maddenly temporary. Four from our party have already succumbed to this maddening inferno and I fear that, alas, my lovely wife Eleanor may be the next to pass. She weakens by the hour.

Please - - If, by some miracle, should another soul receive this message, you must send help! There isn't much time.

Must.... sleep.... now....

Until tomorrow - - by God's grace.

Z.

Last edited:
just so chilly. i'm not sure why. at least i got to use my new pink coat the last couple of nights.

Bless you, Constance. We pray the assistance arrives in time.

The sun has already risen. So far the heat is not overwhelming but we fear that by mid-morning temperatures will, once again, soar over 100 degrees.

Two more from our party have perished and our food supplies are dwindling rapidly. If assistance does not arrive soon, we may be forced to do the unthinkable. Am I wrong for feeling a certain happiness that we still have some Old Bay Spice and bar-b-que sauce?

Z.

:):):):)
It's a 4 star day!
Blue sky!
Warm temps (around 80 by this afternoon)!
We're going to go do a few
hours of yard work and then
sit on the deck and bake our bodies! PERFECT!!!:):):):)

The Z said:
Bless you, Constance. We pray the assistance arrives in time.

The sun has already risen. So far the heat is not overwhelming but we fear that by mid-morning temperatures will, once again, soar over 100 degrees.

Two more from our party have perished and our food supplies are dwindling rapidly. If assistance does not arrive soon, we may be forced to do the unthinkable. Am I wrong for feeling a certain happiness that we still have some Old Bay Spice and bar-b-que sauce?

Z.

Bar-b- que sauce!!! I can't stop laughing.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
lol.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
lol.gif

sorry, it's so hot for you guys.

It is 94 degrees with a heat index of 105. It is supposed to get up to 100 with a heat index of who knows?!! My WeatherBug keeps chirping at me to let me know that we are under a heat advisory.

:cool: Barbara

South Africa is not this hot

Neither Uitenhage in the Eastern Cape, nor Cape Town, in the Western Cape, gets this hot or humid.

I've felt more heat and humidity (and, oddly, seen more wildlife!) in the burbs of New Jersey than I ever did in SA! -Sandyj

It's finally really nice here! It's about 80, sunny with a nice breeze and very little humidity. I was actually able to turn off the AC and open up the windows for a change. The poor cat hasn't known what to do with himself all day. There are just too many windows to jump up in and too much fresh air to sniff!:)

picture perfect day. clear blue skies. about 82 degrees. it's NOT humid !!!
so much better than monday's sweltering heat and then the massive storms that came through. yesterday it rained most of the day and was only about 65 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom