What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really..I'm not in an area that gets much flooding...if we didn't flood last spring we likely won't for a long time. It was one of the wettest seasons in history..a lot of the flooding, if there is any, will be due to accumulated snow on the ground not allowing the rain and melting to run off in certain areas creating pooling and deluging the ditches and low lying areas..thankfully I think I should be ok..I usually am

I hope I didn't just jinx myself
We're not too worried about our place. We're far enough from the river and up a hill. But, getting to some stores might get to be a pain in the patootie. I hope it just doesn't happen.

We have heavy rains forecast for tomorrow. Some flash flooding could occur, but my neighborhood drains very well. Our town has retention ponds all over. If the rain overwhelms the storm drains, the retention ponds hold the excess water until the storm drains can catch up.

CD

It’s so cold we even got the fire going.. :LOL:...
IMG_0350.jpg

Sunday high was 69°. Yesterday was 14°. Today was 0° when I first looked at the thermometer at 7:30 AM. Supposed to be a high of 22°. This time of year we spend a lot of time alternating between spring and winter, gradually getting longer spells of springlike weather.

7 to 8 inches of snow on Sunday, and not a single flake left on the ground today at 70°.
Except the neighbors, of course.

We're not too worried about our place. We're far enough from the river and up a hill. But, getting to some stores might get to be a pain in the patootie. I hope it just doesn't happen.
Well, it's the same system we're about to drive into here in Ohio, so it looks like pretty certain it's going to happen. It's been stalled and dropping a lot of rain and snow where my brother lives in Illinois and my in-laws in Michigan. There's a lot of moisture being pulled up from the Gulf of Mexico.
2018-02-21-09-27-02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom