What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from getting excited for seeing grass to .... bleh!

actually van is not bad - was in a sort'a protected spot

Attachments

• march snow.jpg
    march snow.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 102
  • march van.jpg
    march van.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 82
After my first year from moving in here, the thought of blowing the snow by myself was too much so I hired someone to do it.

Well, we had a total accumulated snow fall of 534 mm (21")

so far this year we've had an accumulation of 254 mm (10") Unfortunately I think it counts all the rain we had in Nov. Dec. in that calculation as well. I'm not sure. I only care because I don't have to shovel rain! :LOL:

If I've posted this pic before, sorry - just can't remember.

Attachments

• afterthestorm022.jpg
    afterthestorm022.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 86
After my first year from moving in here, the thought of blowing the snow by myself was too much so I hired someone to do it.

Well, we had a total accumulated snow fall of 534 mm (21")

so far this year we've had an accumulation of 254 mm (10") Unfortunately I think it counts all the rain we had in Nov. Dec. in that calculation as well. I'm not sure. I only care because I don't have to shovel rain! :LOL:

If I've posted this pic before, sorry - just can't remember.
Those numbers sound like they come from the Environment Canada site. That site tells you snow fall in terms of how much water the snow would melt to. So, heavy snow measures more millimetres than light snow, even if both snow falls were equally deep.

We had 6 inches of slush yesterday, gone by noon. Today is Irish weather, misty and chill. Lovely.

(I mean that in the best way, I love this weather)

Dang wind is giving me a headache. :glare: Glad I'm not outside dealing with it, though. We were supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow. Then it became 6-10 inches. Now we're either in the 1-3 inch zone, or the 0-1 inch zone, depending on which weather forecast you see. The dusting we did get is disappearing since the temperatures are going up, so far at 35 and still climbing. Himself isn't the least bit broken up over not having to snowblow for the fourth time this month! Looks like this latest nor'easter turned into a no'easter. ;)

In that case, GG, please thank your friend for taking our share of the snowfall. The weatherguy kept saying how dry the upper atmosphere was, and that it would take a while for snow to accumulate. Almost all of it evaporated on the way down, since we got only a dusting that was gone by mid-morning. Virga and sublimation - our two favorite winter weather events. ;)

Hey buckytom, how much snow did you get down your way? Or were you a good boy and get spared a fresh load of work?

I feel for you folks that are snowbound. It is cloudy, warm and windy today at the doghouse right now. It got up to 79 yesterday, and we are looking at low 80s this weekend.

Storms are coming next week, which means possible hail and tornadoes. Hail more likely than twisters, by a significant margin.

CD

I had a wander outside today and found lots of little green leaves poking up and some purple crocus over by the driveway. I have a lot of cleaning up to do putside, good thing the weather is cooperating.

In that case, GG, please thank your friend for taking our share of the snowfall. The weatherguy kept saying how dry the upper atmosphere was, and that it would take a while for snow to accumulate. Almost all of it evaporated on the way down, since we got only a dusting that was gone by mid-morning. Virga and sublimation - our two favorite winter weather events. ;)

Hey buckytom, how much snow did you get down your way? Or were you a good boy and get spared a fresh load of work?

We got about 8" up on the mountain before I left for work the other night. I snow-blowed the driveway before I went in, but thankfully the 2 inches that fell after that melted by the next afternoon.

There's still knee high solid snow over the entire yard. I'm usually putting down pre-emergent herbicide by now, but it's well covered in white.

That means there's going to be a really short window to get it down once the snow melts., or face a lawn of weeds all summer.

Last edited:
You could put your boots on, get a hand held whirly-seeder, and hand "broadcast" the pre-emergent right on top of the snow? That way when the snow melts it will penetrate right into the ground. Whadayathink?

img10800439med.jpg

Dad had one of these gizmos. Used it a lot on his 40X100 lot. You, on the other hand, would get a good workout walking your lot. OR...you could send your son out for "exercise".

29*F now. We got 3-4" of wet and heavy snow yesterday. It rained all day prior to that in SE South Dakota

It is 72F and overcast here right now. It feels like rain, forecast only calls for 20-percent coverage today.

It was sunny yesterday, and got up to 86F.

My pre-imergent and first round of fertilizer are down on what little lawn I have. My herbs and peppers are in the ground, too.

CD

Our weather hasn't figured out what it wants to be like today. Warm? Maybe. Windy? Sure. Sunny? Off and on. Cold? Yeah, we got that too. It's like Mother Nature just said, "Hey y'all! Watch this!"

Beautiful day here today, too. Not quite as warm as Kay and Casey's weather, but warmer than Simonbaker's, Princess's, and others...!

70F here, sunny and blue sky. Snow on the Sierras in the distance, and new grass springing up on the desert floor by my home due to all the recent welcome rain. The contrast looks so pretty. I love spring. :wub:

Last edited:
45 freaking degrees, like it's been for weeks. I'm so excited that we'll have 70 degrees tomorrow and almost 80 on Thursday! As soon as it hits 60, the dog and cats and I will be heading outside for some porch time ☀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom