What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you two, I was going to complain about the rain being a day late and throwing my grocery shopping plans in the water. I hope power comes back soon, RP, and that your folks stay safe; simonbaker, I hope you all weather the storm just fine, too.

It's 60 and on-and-off rain. But wait! Sunday/Monday could bring snow and/or freezing rain. I think Mom Nature needs a little hormone therapy - she's apparently going through "the change". :ermm:

oh dear....

Attachments

• drop the law suit.jpg
    drop the law suit.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 73
It is 80F, and there is a storm rolling in. It is dark -- storm clouds have caused the streetlights to turn on quite early. We are under a tornado watch, but no sirens at this time.

It is supposed to be 20-dgrees cooler tomorrow.

CD

We have a beautiful, sunny 80 degrees right now and we're expecting more of the same tomorrow. It's about time - it's been a long, cold, wet spring.

Sorry about the stormy weather y'all are having. I hope it gets better soon.

The storm has passed. We got three rounds of hail, but nothing large enough to do any damage. Right now, it is lightly raining, but the sun is out. I should go look for a rainbow. I could sure use a pot-o-gold.

CD

Dang! It got up to almost 70 today. Meanwhile, while sitting at the kitchen table eating supper and minding my own business, *bamp* I feel a tiny sting on my forehead. Next thing I know, I see a tiny flying bug doing a pretty good imitation of "Flight of the Mosquito". :huh: What The HECK? :glare:

WHAT?!

Our high today was 56⁰, I say HIGH today!!!
I'm not kidding, what the heck?!
This is Arizona, y'all in the NE got EIGHTY?
NAH!!! That's just not right.
The wind is still howling at 35-45 mph,
BUT
my newbie trees are still honky-dory, thank you very much.

Who in the Northeast got 80? :confused: Casey is in Dallas and I'm in the southeastern corner of Virginia.

Now hold on a minute there :)
Let me rephrase that then, on the East Coast you folks got 80's...
Virginia, right? East Coast of the USA, right?
:LOL:
Yes, Casey, I do think of "NE" in the same vein as "East Coast", but, yeah,
I'm from a small island speck in the middle of the Pacific Ocean,
3000+ from any other landmass :stuart: y'all look big to me :blush:

East Coast, yes, but about 400 miles south of the Northeast. Latitude makes a big difference in the weather ;)

This was this morning, before the storm really got going:

i-xCSCpt8-L.jpg

We had snow, 60 mph winds, temps right at freezing all day. Lost power 3 times, the longest was 2 hours. The snow has mostly stopped (as far as I can tell in the dark with the wind still blowing 35-40 mph), but with the temp dropped into the low 20's it sure ain't spring out there tonight. :glare:

You need to come and drive Texas. The distance from Texarkana, Texas to El Paso Texas is about ten miles less than the distance from Los Angeles California, to El Paso, Texas. If you flip Texas horizontally to the East, El Paso is in the Atlantic Ocean. If you flip Texas to the West, Texarkana is in the Pacific Ocean.

The weather here is equally mind boggling. You can leave Pampa, Texas in the morning in a blizzard, and drive twelve hours South to Brownsville and have to strip down to shorts and a t-shirt.

Texas is a weird place -- in many ways. :ermm: :LOL:

CD

Not much I can say about the weather here, except that I hope Spring comes soon.

AlDtIqK.jpg

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before, but I went to Minneapolis in January, once. Once. It hurt to breathe. I don't know how you can live there -- and I mean no offense. I just don't know how people deal with that kind of cold.

But, I guess you can say it isn't as bad a Fargo. :LOL:

CD

BTW, it is 56F and WINDY right now at the doghouse. It was in the 80s yesterday. It is forecast to get into the upper 30s tonight.

I'm ready to get off this roller-coaster.

CD

PS: It's 32F in Fargo. :ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom