What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before, but I went to Minneapolis in January, once. Once. It hurt to breathe. I don't know how you can live there -- and I mean no offense. I just don't know how people deal with that kind of cold.

But, I guess you can say it isn't as bad a Fargo. :LOL:

CD
Those of us who live in that kind of cold sometimes ask ourselves why we live where the air hurts our faces.

Attachments

• air hurts my face and answers.jpg
    air hurts my face and answers.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 83
Yesterday late afternoon:

i-NGXfSC3-L.jpg

This morning:

i-rchfL2W-L.jpg

Sun is out now, but the temp is still just 38°.

Those of us who live in that kind of cold sometimes ask ourselves why we live where the air hurts our faces.

I've lived around all of those critters, plus coyotes, bobcats and rats the size of dogs (nutria), and they don't bother me like cold that causes actual pain.

Now, bears scare me. I don't sleep well camping in bear country, even with a .357 next to my pillow. :ohmy:

You have bears up there, don't you? :ermm:

When I was younger and healed faster, I spent two weeks in Colorado every year skiing. Loved it! Then I went back home to thaw out. :LOL:

CD

Blizzard conditions. It started with freezing rain at 3 am,. It's been snowing since 6 am. 50 mph winds. Both major interstates are closed. 16-18" of snow predicted, it can stop anytime now! Can't see a stoplight a block away, white out conditions.
Everything , everywhere is closed or called off. Spring is skipping South Dakota this year!

Beautiful snow pics, all! OMGoodness, simonbaker....be safe.

80F and sunny here. Very nice day to be outside doing a little yard work.

There's a middle ground between the extremes ;) The Mid-Atlantic region is nice. 80 degrees today and tomorrow, 70s for the week. Yeah, we're subject to hurricanes later on, but you can't have everything :LOL:

DH washed the pollen off the porch today, so I got in some quality porch-sittin' time. Tried to do a little gardening in the backyard but DH pissed off on of our bee colonies earlier and they haven't calmed down yet.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before, but I went to Minneapolis in January, once. Once. It hurt to breathe. I don't know how you can live there -- and I mean no offense. I just don't know how people deal with that kind of cold.

You adapt. I've been here for 23 years now, and even 15-20 below zero doesn't phase me anymore.

I used to live in Las Vegas, where 110 degree days are not out of the norm. Yet I biked all the time when I lived there and it didn't bother me. Now when I visit LV, I break into a sweat just walking down to the pool.

I remember being on vacation in Orlando a few years ago. We were at the Universal theme park standing in line for a ride, and I turned around to see three people behind me wearing winter jackets. It was 78 degrees that day, and I was comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt. Obviously, they were from somewhere far warmer.

You adapt.

and I turned around to see three people behind me wearing winter jackets. It was 78 degrees that day, and I was comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt. Obviously, they were from somewhere far warmer.

When I was driving cars from Mtl to FL for the snow birds - it was always a chuckle to drive thru Virginia, N & S Carolina and see people with touks and heavy jackets on. This was usually Nov/Dec.

I was stripping off layers by the time I got to the bottom of New York and into Penn. (I do admit I hit a snow storm in Penn mountains that was not pretty to driving thru.)

Fetching them back 6 months later, I would get on the plane all bundled up, get off, hit the washroom, strip, and be in shorts before I went thru Customs. My wardrobe was carefully planned for stripping! :LOL:

I've lived around all of those critters, plus coyotes, bobcats and rats the size of dogs (nutria), and they don't bother me like cold that causes actual pain.

Now, bears scare me. I don't sleep well camping in bear country, even with a .357 next to my pillow. :ohmy:

You have bears up there, don't you? :ermm:

When I was younger and healed faster, I spent two weeks in Colorado every year skiing. Loved it! Then I went back home to thaw out. :LOL:

CD
Yup, we have bears.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/n...to-leave-his-yard-in-most-canadian-way/86618/

Not much I can say about the weather here, except that I hope Spring comes soon.

AlDtIqK.jpg
I bet those Minnesota Twins people are having second thoughts about not putting a dome on the latest ballpark. :LOL:

Today's roller coaster location was the top of a hill. A 60 degree hill. Starting on the downhill side now, where we're supposed to get something somewhere in the 30s with the opportunity for freezing rain, snow, or blizzard. Pick your poison.

I want 70 and sun. And no humidity.

RP, yesterday's picture shows more snow than today's. I guess you decided to blow your snow over to simonbaker's neck of the woods? :huh: I hope you all are staying safe and warm and have electricity...

There's a middle ground between the extremes ;) The Mid-Atlantic region is nice. 80 degrees today and tomorrow, 70s for the week. Yeah, we're subject to hurricanes later on, but you can't have everything...
And humidity. You forgot humidity. I'm not an orchid. More like a cactus. (Watch what you all post about my disposition, people! :glare: ) I can deal with 115 degree Phoenix better than 85 degree Orlando.

RP, yesterday's picture shows more snow than today's. I guess you decided to blow your snow over to simonbaker's neck of the woods? :huh: I hope you all are staying safe and warm and have electricity...

It's really hard to see how deep it is anywhere without walking right up to it, or trying to drive through it. A drift can grow so gradually that you don't realize that it's too deep to drive through until you are past the point of no return. People get stuck in nothing looking drifts out here all the time, even folks who have enough experience to know better. Unimpeded 50 mph wind does weird things to snow.

And humidity. You forgot humidity. I'm not an orchid. More like a cactus. (Watch what you all post about my disposition, people! :glare: ) I can deal with 115 degree Phoenix better than 85 degree Orlando.

I'm with you. Humidity kills me. It's one of the reasons we moved back here from the Bahamas. The summers on the island were months of misery for me, punctuated by tropical thunderstorms and hurricanes, which only made 95% humidity into 100% humidity, but they knocked out power about half the time and left me without my mandatory air conditioning. Here in NE Colorado, it's a sticky day when the humidity climbs to 60%, and that's usually right after a thunderstorm. Norm is more like 30% and less.

We got dumped about a foot of snow. It was snowing the whole day Saturday. The big rides are clean, but far from perfect. Plows are still going. My wife’s car got stuck. Took us about 2 hours to get it out. I think this the worst situation I’ve been to, as far as snow, in the last 25 years.

So I looked out the window to see what the weather was doing...

If you can't see out must mean the weather is doing ... nothing?

Attachments

• DSCN5900.jpg
    DSCN5900.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 70
So I looked out the window to see what the weather was doing...

If you can't see out must mean the weather is doing ... nothing?

Oh, I think it's doing something out there - you just can't see it :LOL: I just looked at the radar because we have a storm coming and you have some serious frozen precipitation going on.

Yeah... and it's supposed to last into late Tues. night. :glare:

My friend has to go into the West Island to pick up her friend at the train station tomorrow late afternoon. Not the most ideal conditions. Told her to keep checking the weather as that train is traveling right along with the nasty weather.

Been stuck on that train stopped for a couple of hours many years ago with 2 infants... not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom