What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RP, yesterday's picture shows more snow than today's. I guess you decided to blow your snow over to simonbaker's neck of the woods? :huh: I hope you all are staying safe and warm and have electricity...

And humidity. You forgot humidity. I'm not an orchid. More like a cactus. (Watch what you all post about my disposition, people! :glare: ) I can deal with 115 degree Phoenix better than 85 degree Orlando.

Thank you CG! We got dumped on. Ended up with 16" of snow. I got stuck on the way to work. Took 1 1/2 hours to shovel my way out of it. I was 30 mn late for work. Thank goodness the snow plow came through this afternoon.

Thank you CG! We got dumped on. Ended up with 16" of snow. I got stuck on the way to work. Took 1 1/2 hours to shovel my way out of it. I was 30 mn late for work. Thank goodness the snow plow came through this afternoon.

I think we're on the same track here. When it stopped snowing this morning we were at about 12". Then it started snowing again. Now we are at about 15" and may get another 3-6" before it finishes.

My neighbor stopped over a few hours ago with a skid loader and helped me get all the hard frozen snow removed from the end of the driveway. I'd still be out there if he hadn't shown up. My snowblower doesn't do ice very well.

I bet those Minnesota Twins people are having second thoughts about not putting a dome on the latest ballpark. :LOL:
Funny, I saw a news story earlier in the week about how Target Field has in-ground heaters that are supposed to help prevent snow from building up. But even with the heaters, it still looked like this on Saturday. They had to cancel their entire 3-game series with the White Sox.

xPVd7W2.jpg

well, the freezing rain stopped, the huge chunks of frozen ice on the lines and trees have fallen and melted.

Good news is ...it is above freezing.

Bad news is ... the rain all day has now turned to snow - not accumulating BUT... the nights not over yet

I so want Spring to arrive.

what's happening with you in town taxy?

well, the freezing rain stopped, the huge chunks of frozen ice on the lines and trees have fallen and melted.

Good news is ...it is above freezing.

Bad news is ... the rain all day has now turned to snow - not accumulating BUT... the nights not over yet

I so want Spring to arrive.

what's happening with you in town taxy?
I'm not exactly in town, more like the 'burbs. The weather is pretty much the same as yours. I'm trying to stay in my happy place: I hope the weekend part of this is true. (The temperatures are all in Celsius.)

30709738_2345737255652591_641663746040659968_n.jpg

It is 74F right now, in the middle of the night. It was 36 at this time two days ago. I'm ready to get off this temperature roller coaster.

I know I should be grateful now, because 105F is just a few months away.

It is really windy in North Texas right now. Same thing in Oklahoma. I've read that the wildfires up there in OK have killed a person. We are not seeing wildfires here, yet. Conditions are certainly right for them.

CD

The West Island IS 'in town' to me taxy. :LOL:

Right now it's 31 F. should be a high of 44 F Cloudy.
Thursday - 40% chance of scattered showers, with a high of 43 F
Friday - cloudy temps pretty much the same

Saturday SUN with a hi of 52 F

The West Island IS 'in town' to me taxy. :LOL:

Right now it's 31 F. should be a high of 44 F Cloudy.
Thursday - 40% chance of scattered showers, with a high of 43 F
Friday - cloudy temps pretty much the same

Saturday SUN with a hi of 52 F
I understand that the West Island is "in town" to you. But, we still have different micro-climates from the city.

Currently it's 4°C (41°F) with light rain. We did have a few minutes of snow earlier. :ohmy:

It was in the 70s today, but with a cool breeze from the North. Rather odd. A cold front is coming, and Saturday is supposed to be a rainfest in North Texas.

CD

Waking up to a beautiful morning! It's in the mid 30's now, getting up to the mid 40's this afternoon. The weekend forecast it will be in the 50's. Spring finally found us in SE South Dakota! If you don't like the weather just wait a couple of days & it always seems to get better!

Or wait a couple of days in southeast Quebec and it will snow.
It's overcast with 7°C (45°F)

I guess it depends on what part of southeast Quebec you mean. Wait, you mean southwest Quebec don't you? This is my seven day forecast:

Attachments

• delete soon.jpg
    delete soon.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 111
The weather thread went dormant there for a while. :ohmy:

Well, it is Sunny and 88F right now (6PM). Looks like upper 80s and low 90s for the next week, with no rain in the forecast.

CD

Reached 84F today. Already too dang hot...I know, I promise not to hope for snow until July.

Can I wish for an iceberg?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom