What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
84, PF? Ugh!

Winter hibernation. :cool: Well it ain't winter in southern MA anymore, Bunky! The weather is pretty spot-on perfect right now: lowish 70s and bone dry during the day, upper 40s overnight, and sunny. But only during the daytime.

I do like your part of the country in the summer. I have many happy memories of weeks spent on Cape Cod, in a Bed and Breakfast, and a convertible rental car.

CD

Nice! We haven't been out to the Cape in the summer in ages. Last time we were there was about a decade ago. All I remember is lots of traffic. ridiculously high "in season" prices, and too many people milling around. Much different than my memories from only a few years before that (maybe 2004 or 2005?). We had a nice little timeshare cabin for a week in Mashpee. Walking distance to water, a detached cabin of our own, nice spring blooms everywhere - and very few people. Restaurant prices hadn't been hiked up yet, either.

Now if we want a summer shore day, we head to the coast in CT or RI. Same water and tasty seafood, fewer people and lower prices. Less touristy. ;)

Nice! We haven't been out to the Cape in the summer in ages. Last time we were there was about a decade ago. All I remember is lots of traffic. ridiculously high "in season" prices, and too many people milling around. Much different than my memories from only a few years before that (maybe 2004 or 2005?). We had a nice little timeshare cabin for a week in Mashpee. Walking distance to water, a detached cabin of our own, nice spring blooms everywhere - and very few people. Restaurant prices hadn't been hiked up yet, either.

Now if we want a summer shore day, we head to the coast in CT or RI. Same water and tasty seafood, fewer people and lower prices. Less touristy. ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've eaten well on the CT coast, but Cape Cod was more like a vacation. The prices are higher in the summer months, but being a vacation, we were perfectly okay with the prices. We found this outstanding B&B that served an incredible breakfast, family style.

CD

It's almost as dark as night, with rain pounding down and thunder rumbling. As a bonus, our area is currently under a tornado watch. I'm hoping our trees stay upright and the power stays on. Thankfully, we haven't had any winds...yet. I hope it stays that way.

Today's high was upper 70s. This weather will drop us down into the upper 50's tomorrow! Mother Nature, make up your mind already! :LOL:

It's almost as dark as night, with rain pounding down and thunder rumbling. As a bonus, our area is currently under a tornado watch. I'm hoping our trees stay upright and the power stays on. Thankfully, we haven't had any winds...yet. I hope it stays that way.

Today's high was upper 70s. This weather will drop us down into the upper 50's tomorrow! Mother Nature, make up your mind already! :LOL:

Please stay safe CG along with Himself. The storm is presently right overhead, and I opened one of the windows. I left the blind down. Dumb thing to do. We got a gust of wind that almost took the blind right off at the top.

Poor Teddy. He is home with Spike and puppy hates thunder. As most dogs and animals do. Spike called me and put the phone to Teddy's ear. Spike asked me to talk to him. He was shaking from head to toe. Any time he is here during a storm, I hold him as tight as I can, and sing s very soft lullaby to him that I sang to all my kids as infants. Then Pirate took the phone and talked to him also. After, Spike said Teddy seemed a lot calmer.

Have I totally lost it? I am singing lullabies to a dog over the phone! It appears that Teddy has me, Pirate and Spike wrapped very tightly around his little paw. I have become one of those old ladies that talks foolishness to a dog over the phone. The kind of person who has always pooh pooh'd these type of folks.

Please stay safe CG along with Himself. The storm is presently right overhead, and I opened one of the windows. I left the blind down. Dumb thing to do. We got a gust of wind that almost took the blind right off at the top.

Poor Teddy. He is home with Spike and puppy hates thunder. As most dogs and animals do. Spike called me and put the phone to Teddy's ear. Spike asked me to talk to him. He was shaking from head to toe. Any time he is here during a storm, I hold him as tight as I can, and sing s very soft lullaby to him that I sang to all my kids as infants. Then Pirate took the phone and talked to him also. After, Spike said Teddy seemed a lot calmer.

Have I totally lost it? I am singing lullabies to a dog over the phone! It appears that Teddy has me, Pirate and Spike wrapped very tightly around his little paw. I have become one of those old ladies that talks foolishness to a dog over the phone. The kind of person who has always pooh pooh'd these type of folks.

My Teddy, AKA Psycho-poodle, doesn't even move during a thunderstorm. If the tornado sirens go off at night, I have to make him get up, so we will be ready to jump into the crawlspace under the stairs that very well may be where they find our bodies if a tornado actually hits.

CD

Last edited:
Please stay safe CG along with Himself...
We had this covered, Addie. Don't forget, we're from the Midwest. Weather like this is nothing for us. It's the natives that I know that get all bundled up in knots that I worry about. In fact, when we moved here, we really missed big rain storms with the lightening and thunder. I'm not sure, though, if their increased frequency in New England is good for the locals' nerves!

No matter when you're from, though, tornadoes are a scary thing. We've been fortunate in that we've never had to deal with riding one out. Being about 3 miles from the end spot of the one that cut through MA June 1, 2011 was close enough.

Looks like you guys in the Northeast are getting Texas Spring weather. Wind, rain hail, tornadoes... down here, we call that a Tuesday (or Wednesday, Thursday -- whatever).

CG, I actually have ridden out a tornado, and F5 tornado, and it was in Ohio, not Texas. April 3, 1974. Do you remember that day? Record setting tornado outbreak. I'll never forget it, or coming out of the basement, walking outside, and suddenly realizing that half the houses on our street were gone. It took a few seconds for my brain to process.

Here in North Texas, it is sunny and hot today. Nothing of much interest to report.

CD

...CG, I actually have ridden out a tornado, and F5 tornado, and it was in Ohio, not Texas. April 3, 1974. Do you remember that day?...
Xenia Tornado. My not-yet SIL and her hubby were recently moved up from Kettering, OH, where they lived when he was a student at U-Dayton. He had graduated, got a job, and had been assigned to the Cleveland area autumn of '73. Since this was before cell phones or beepers or any quick-contact means, I would have been worried out of my mind had they still been living down there.

My most vivid memory of a high-wind encounter was when I was a little kid. I remember that my Dad and I had gone downtown (we lived five miles from Public Square back then) to buy flowers for my Mom. :flowers: She loved fresh flowers, and there were many corner street sellers with buckets of flowers practically every day of the week. When we got back home, Mom came running out of the house yelling "get in here, there's a tornado warning in the area". I was maybe four at the time, didn't process it as anything more than a bad rainstorm with cool winds - and Mom probably lost a few years off of her life while we were gone. Thankfully, there were no reported tornadoes that time, as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom