What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC00133 (1).jpg

The "vog" here in Hawaii is a bit thick after the last big blow
today from Kilauea Volcano on the Big Island aka Hawaii Island (where we are NOT). This plumb of Volcanic Ash is spreading and I didn't think to bring my inhaler... The trade winds should be back by tomorrow and move the vog offshore.

Something ain't quite right about you. You can't be old, cause we old folks don't like cold. If it get's to the 70s, in your parts, I suggest you go out and look at the things the rest of us call "plants and flowers."

You might even want to get your truck washed, just so you know what color it is.

If you ever want to know what "hot'" really is, you are welcome at my house. We can eat some really good food, and you can gain a real appreciation for air-conditioning.

In return, if I ever want to know how good hot soup is, before rolling up in ten layers of covers for the night, you can do me the same favor.

CD

Something ain't quite right about you. You can't be old, cause we old folks don't like cold. If it get's to the 70s, in your parts, I suggest you go out and look at the things the rest of us call "plants and flowers."

You might even want to get your truck washed, just so you know what color it is.

If you ever want to know what "hot'" really is, you are welcome at my house. We can eat some really good food, and you can gain a real appreciation for air-conditioning.

In return, if I ever want to know how good hot soup is, before rolling up in ten layers of covers for the night, you can do me the same favor.

CD

Fairly simple, really...I had heat stroke when I was about 8 years old and my body thermostat is broken. I'm running a fever if I hit 98.6, much like you do if you hit 100.

Thanks for the invite and you are welcome here, anytime. Just remember your wool socks.

It is 50F here and I'm not wearing a coat or sweater. Slept fine under a sheet with the windows open.

Currently 18°C (64°F) and overcast. It rained earlier and there is more rain in the forecast. Of course there is. It's a long weekend.

43F rainy, it's been raining since midnight. A couple of my planters are flooded, forgot to put holes in the bottom.

It is cloudy and 89 here, with a nice breeze. It was sunny and 94 yesterday, but felt a lot hotter.

CD

I was going to say that it is raining - again. :rolleyes: We've has so much rain I'm afraid I'll be growing gills and webbed feet! Anyway, in the time it took for me to read a couple of threads, the sun is now coming out. So give it a half hour and it will be really sultry. :glare: Or, if I'm lucky, snowing. :LOL:

Summer is definitely here. It is 94F right now, and with the humidity, the heat index is 99F. It doesn't get any better this week. One week from today, the forecast high is 105F.

CD

Cool 55F, slightly windy, off & on again rain & overcast in SE South Dakota

I just got back from SE South Dakota (Huron), and it was surprisingly hot there. I was working outside, and I got pretty hot and sweaty. It rained Wednesday morning, and then got sunny and hot... and humid. It kind of felt like Texas.

CD

HOT! 90F and I just walked back from Mom and Dad's. It's 3 blocks away and I had to stop at the c-store for an ice water. Of course, waiting for the coal train to pass by didn't help.

HOT! 90F and I just walked back from Mom and Dad's. It's 3 blocks away and I had to stop at the c-store for an ice water. Of course, waiting for the coal train to pass by didn't help.

We are at 96 right now. Psycho-poodle wants to go for a walk -- he sits by his leash and gives me the hairy eyeball as a subtle hint that he wants to walk. By 8PM, we may go for a walk. It should be in the mid to lower 80s by then.

CD

Last night's report was that today would be hot and humid. Well it did get hot (87) today, but the dew point stayed below 60 degrees. We did close up and put the air conditioning on before going to bed last night, but it will be shut off by about midnight tonight. Why? There is a chance we might want to put the furnace on tomorrow. The high of the day on Sunday will be whatever the temperature is when the clock strikes midnight, if not sooner. Tomorrow's high will be around 58...and dropping. :wacko: Himself referred to this spring's weather as "atmospheric menopause". :ermm: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom