What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we got that much rain my house would slide all the way down my back yard and crash into the home below.... :LOL:

Yes, everything is flooded. The storm sewers can't keep up. Some sunshine would be theropuetic to many people!

I wish we could have taken an inch or two of that rain off of your hands (and drains), simonbaker. Our ground is parched - and we need rain to activate the fungus that kills off gypsy moth larvae. Hopefully we get something meaningful this weekend.

We did get a few huge drops of rain. By the time I closed the windows in the sun room, the drops had stopped. Oh, well...

First month of winter here, wettest June in memory, 17 hrs of sunlight this month, suns out today so maybe it's looking up. Average about 8 deg Celsius. You guys on the side of the world while you can.lol.

Russ

First month of winter here, wettest June in memory, 17 hrs of sunlight this month, suns out today so maybe it's looking up. Average about 8 deg Celsius. You guys on the side of the world while you can.lol.

Russ

I assume you're located in NZ. Are you sure you're getting that many hours of daylight this time of the year? You should be getting the shortest daylight hours this week.

Last edited:
I assume you're located in NZ. Are you sure you're getting that many hours of daylight this time of the year? You should be getting the shortest daylight hours this week.

17 hours of sunlight in one month doesn't seem like much, to me. :huh:

CD

Yip,I'm in nz, and that number is correct but today was nice and sunny, add maybe 5 hrs today, we are past the shortest day so it can only get better.

Russ

It was over 100 yesterday, because I was working yesterday. Today was not so bad. We had 50/50 sun and clouds, and a decent breeze.

Tomorrow I fly to Sarasota, Florida for five days. It will be ten degrees cooler, but a whole lot more humid.

CD

Our current temperature has dropped two degrees from the day's high - it's now 86.
sweat-smiley.gif
"Operation Tucked In" has officially commenced. Just like we do in the worst of the winter, we've closed the fins on all of the windows, pulled down the room darkening shades in all of the bedrooms, and are keeping our noses inside of our climate-controlled house. It's still light enough to navigate, so no walking into furniture. Besides, with the heavily wooded back yard facing west, we end up putting interior lights on often even when the windows are nekkid.

Looks like this run of temps dancing with 90 degrees will last for a whole week. :wacko: I'll have to suck it up to replenish some supplies - which I'll do in one trip since I have an appointment on Monday that has been rescheduled four times already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom