What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means that if I had been drinking something, I would have snorted it. So, if your comment was irony, it means I agree with you.

Thanks. It is a personal goal of mine to make people blow beverages out of their noses. Yeah, I'm weird. :LOL:

CD

96° today. And Oy, it's so humid. I'm schvitzin' all over the place.

Hot town summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirt and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city
All around people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk hotter than a match head

So, you having a few "Lovin' Spoonfuls" of dinner tonight? Maybe some Pork Roll sandwiches?

CD

We have less than 24 hours left of "air you can drink". Oh my gosh, the air is so soupy you practically have to swim through it. Cold front on the move from up whiska and Steve's way, though, and I thank them very much for sharing. Until then, I say a thank you prayer each night for Willis Carrier.

It's 02:46 and the weather is 27°C (81°F) and feels like 38°C (100°F). It's supposed to go down to 23°C (73°F) overnight. They have also promised thunder storms, but I haven't seen a hint of that yet. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler and "refreshing".

Nope, no storm here. First they said starting at 9pm - then it was to be around 2-3am. Nothing happened.

But it is a balmy 71 F that FEELS like 71 F and it is supposed to drop to 68 F by noon!

but not gonna turn off the A/C just yet...

aside from me, who else had to google Willis Carrier? I guessed correctly but didn't actually know. :LOL:

Last edited:
It was 93ºF when Pirate had to leave for a Dr.'s appointment. Hot black tar to stand on while waiting for the bus going and coming home again. The sweat was running down his arms in streams. I haven't been out of the house since last Wednesday. So I haven't felt the temps.

Woohoo! :w00t2: It's 20°C (68°F) and feels like 20°C. We got a wee bit of rain, but no sign of the promised thunderstorm.
hapydancsmil.gif

:ohmy: Wow, Kay. I hope you're inside keeping cool - 110 is mighty high for your area!

It's "only" 108 here right now. :ermm::LOL:

Unusually warm for the North West of England but with a light breeze that makes it feel better. My summer frocks are getting a good airing.

It hasn't rained for about 4 weeks in this area. I was a little hopeful this afternoon when a cloud passed over that it might rain during the night and save me from having to water my herb garden tomorrow but it was a false alarm.

No-one has started squealing about water shortages in my area but there are hosepipe bans in some other parts of these islands. Last weekend I passed two of the reservoirs which serve this area and they weren't too depleted.

First time I heard the word "hosepipe". We call them garden hose. And we don't have gardens, we have back yards.... :LOL:
We have back yards too but they're paved areas and "posh" people call them "patios"

"Two countries divided by a common language"

Last edited:
The temp is 110F right now, and dry as a bone at 9% humidity. At least there's no wind.

Yep, it's a dry heat but so is an oven.
Crumbs, and we're complaining! :rolleyes:

It's 1.15am on Saturday morning here and the temp is 65F with 74% humidity.

In the day time it's been in the late 70s/early 80s

Cold front moved into our area, too. My nose and toes are freezing, and I'm enjoying it a lot! It's going to be really good sleeping weather tonight. Central air is nice, but fresh air is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom