What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain...heavy and hard
Wind... slow now but... faster and wilder tonight.
It's sure to be a mess. At least for now the snow has all melted.

The snow is slowing down, but we got a foot last night, so it took a while to snowblow to the driveway and around the cars, and shovel off the two decks. I had to shovel the lakeside one to get to the birdfeeders and fill them, and then decided to shovel the front deck, so we could use the Big Green Egg the first day the sun shines, or it is not windy.

Saturday and Sunday were a bit of a weather roller coaster. We were supposed to have had severe thunderstorms, with high winds, etc. Didn't materialize. Did have some pretty high winds Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

When I got up Sunday morning the temp was 75 degrees F. December 2?

Stayed high most of the day and, then, started to drop when the wind and rain began. Ended up with an inch of rain.

This morning when I arose, the temp was 28 degrees F and very windy, which means the "felt like" was a lot lower. Clear today, but cold. High was probably 40 degrees F.

It is crazy here!

This morning was beautiful, sunny and hot (well it is the 3rd day of summer), then in the afternoon, i saw the grey clouds coming in and then the wind, then the rain...now its really windy but not raining hard
didn't you end up with flash flooding?? Looked pretty bad on the news. Hope alright your end.

It's cold.
Not as cold as yesterday, but it's supposed to start snowing in a couple hours. Glad the grocery shopping is done!

suziquzie, I lived in Saint Paul for several years. I know how cold those Minnesota winters can get. Stay warm!

It's around freezing here, which doesn't happen very often. People, myself included ,often use plants that will not tolerate a freeze. My inside entry is full of the potted ones that I brought inside, including a big blooming bougainvillea that I keep bumping into. It has thorns. Ouch.

I keep old blankets, bedspreads, etc. in the garage and cover the plants in the courtyard that may be damaged by the cold.

I won't complain too much. It's just a minor nuisance.

Cold, grey, damp..but with a light that could mean snow. At least its not the driving rain and gales we had at the weekend.

..including a big blooming bougainvillea that I keep bumping into. It has thorns. Ouch.
Haha! I can so relate to that - I have about eight (?) metres of bourganvilleas on my side fence (stops would-be robbers from using the backgarden as an access area) - and it has this big "cave" under the boughs where my cats love to shelter from the sun. Muggins here, has to get partially under the boughs without getting the thorns in me, to get them out. You can get nasty infections from bourganvillea thorns too.:( Love em though!

suziquzie, I lived in Saint Paul for several years. I know how cold those Minnesota winters can get. Stay warm!

It's around freezing here, which doesn't happen very often. People, myself included ,often use plants that will not tolerate a freeze. My inside entry is full of the potted ones that I brought inside, including a big blooming bougainvillea that I keep bumping into. It has thorns. Ouch.

I keep old blankets, bedspreads, etc. in the garage and cover the plants in the courtyard that may be damaged by the cold.

I won't complain too much. It's just a minor nuisance.

Where in St. Paul? I lived quite a few areas there, I'm up in North Branch now. It's even colder here!!! :wacko: I should run away to Texas myself!

Mostly Highland Park, in that general area anyway. It's difficult to remember street names, although when I return I know how to get from Point A to Point B. I still have relatives in Edina and Shakopee.

I loved Saint Paul. Looking back, the cold never prevented people from doing anything - dining out, going to the theater, to church, wherever.

North Branch - isn't that where they stage that Jesse James robbery? I may be entirely mistaken, but it sounds familiar. I also have relatives in Cannon Falls.

Oh funny I did too! A few blocks from Macalaster College, then when DH and I bought our 1st house it was in the East Side. Yuk. That's why we landed in the country.

I think it's Northfield where they do the Jesse James thing.

The cold keeps me from playing outside, that's about all. I'll go outside if it's just to the car to go somewhere else warm. :)

Almost 10 pm and it is 40 degrees F. outside. Very little snow so far and as much as I dislike snow I realize that we need some. The other day I was driving on a road that is about 7,500 feet in elevation. That is normally unheard of this time of year. That road had an inch or two of snow in places, but normally there would be feet of snow on that road.

But on the other had I am really enjoying not to have to shovel snow. It is nice to be able to do holiday things and not to have to drive in it. ;)

It's raining hard enough that I want to put the heater on but I am resisting. I am trying to just be thankful that it is raining in between my rostered watering days.

Cool, not cold, wet wet wet and the wind has finally died down a bit. Its just yukky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom