What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they manage to put some out, but it will be hard year for the reindeer and sami has problem with " pure swedes " poaching their livestock and police is to few to do anything. Yeah this lovely warm summer is no good. We need rain and lots of it.

There have been extensive moorland fires on Saddleworth Moor, part of the Peak District National Park - started, the police think, by arsonists on 24th June. Fire and Rescue Services from Greater Manchester and Lancashire counties (bigger than US counties) and the Army, assisted by RAF helicopters were up there. They were very pressed as they were also dealing with moorland fires in the Pennines north of Bolton in Lancashire.

It's taken 3 weeks for them to get it under control. Fortunately we've had rain so hopefully there won't be a repeat.

It took 3 weeks to get the better of it

The rain is too little too late here, we need more and we need to stop having tropical night and 30C yes even the north has it this hot. Where I live in the south of Sweden is about the same longitude as Aberdeen .

For anyone not familiar with that use of the word "wash", from Wiktionary:

"In arid and semi-arid regions, the normally dry bed of an intermittent or ephemeral stream; an arroyo or wadi."

We're back into the soup today. Current temp is about 72 - and the dew point is 70. Himself just rolled our garbage cart down to the curb for pick-up tomorrow and said he couldn't decide if the "rain" was coming down or coming up. Needless to say, I've got us buttoned up and again thanking Willis Carrier for inventing A/C.

It's gonna be warm every evening this week - overnight lows between 70 and 72. Yuck and double yuck.

Don't feel bad, CG. We had thunderstorms almost all night last night - I got maybe 4 hours of sleep total. Mom's still asleep, and I'm not waking her up unless it get be 10am.

I don't feel bad, cj - or at least not until the electric bill shows up. [emoji16] We can use the rain. I'm glad we have A/C, though, because without it I'd be sticky and grumpy all week.

We had promise of rain all day and it turned into nothing. My mum village is now out of ice cream due to the forest fires.

I am in Brooklyn, NY right now. I spent at least an hour sitting at a table in front of my hotel, talking to a local - had a great time. It was in the mid 70s, and there was a nice breeze.

Tomorrow, I go home, where it was "only" 101F today. The forecast for tomorrow is 98F -- must be a cold front coming through. :rolleyes:

CD

I don't feel bad, cj - or at least not until the electric bill shows up. [emoji16] We can use the rain. I'm glad we have A/C, though, because without it I'd be sticky and grumpy all week.

We are on an equal payment plan for our electricity. You're right about the rain, just don't want so much that it floods our entrance to the neighborhood. We were going to try to go to Food Lion this AM, but it' raining too hard to even see the road in front of us.

I'm waiting out a downpour right now before I head out to run errands. Every day this week has been alternating rain and sun, with clouds and sprinkles overnight. Not much rain when it all adds up, but enough to make things muggy. Blech.

80° right now, but when the sun swings around to my window, it'll get much hotter. I'm expecting my room to get to over 90 today.

I live in a brick building (pizza oven) on the third floor and the worst part is after the sun goes down, the heat keeps rising through the building. It was 84 in here at 1am last night when it was only 76 outside.

I forgot to mention the loud thunderstorm that just passed through. It was accompanied by an impressive downpour with a small amount of tiny hail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom