What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was overcast today, so it only got up to 93F. We may get some much needed rain tonight and tomorrow. Yesterday, the rain forecast for tomorrow was 90-percent coverage. It is down to 60-percent now. So, some of us will get wet, and some of us won't.

The dry North Texas clay soil finally caught up to my next door neighbor. His foundation failed, and he's looking at a $10,000 repair. Mine failed years ago, so I've already sang those blues. There are two kinds of houses in North Texas, those with foundation problems, and those that will have foundation problems. :ermm::mad::LOL:

CD

It's raining. IT'S RAINING!!!!!

Not just a drizzle, either. Real rain. I hope it rains all night, and all day tomorrow. Woohoo, it's raining!

CD

I’m really not sure what it was like in my neighborhood, I had a late shift, and ended up all the way over in Henderson, a good distance away both geographically and demographically. They had apparently had storms come through, probably 20 minutes before I got there, so the air was a bit cooler (that’s relative, of course. It was about 98°), but much more humid.

We’ve been getting smoke from the CA fires, in the form of haze. Hopefully these storms’ll clear the air a bit. Better would be if CA got the rain, though...

Rainy and allergy-inducing. Had to resort to taking some medicine when I got up this AM. Normally I don't use allergy medicine during the day but this morning they are driving me nutty.

It has been raining on and off all day. It is raining right now. We really needed a day like this, and the forecast is the same for tomorrow. The crappy soil we have here (basically black clay) needs long, light rains, or the water just runs off. That's what we are getting today. This should soak in pretty deep. Maybe my driveway will stop sinking, and even raise up a little.

CD

We are getting the smoke from fires in Idaho, Oregon and California. Makes it feel hotter.
It's 87F right now.

On edit: Apparently there's fires over by Casper and Rawlins helping our air quality, too.

Last edited:
Rain, rain, and more rain. I'm getting really tired of it. The lawn looks great, but we've barely been out on the boat all summer.

Rain, rain, and more rain. I'm getting really tired of it. The lawn looks great, but we've barely been out on the boat all summer.

It's funny how perspective changes things. You are bummed out by the rain where you are, and I'm happy, happy, happy. :LOL:

I've experienced summers where I couldn't use my boat, because the boat ramps didn't reach the water, due to drought conditions.

CD

Rain....omgosh, that sounds so good. If only there was a way to send some of that to California! :ohmy:

It's cooling off just a bit here in my neck of the woods...so nice to be able to turn off the AC around 6PM or so and still wake up to cool temps.

I hear you about the rain, bt. Soggy, soggy mess. It's been cool today, and mostly rain. If the tree leaves were turning colors, I would think that it was October.

Yes, I noticed some of our ornamental trees are starting to change, dropping leaves. It's weird; I'm not sure if they're actually sick (like root rot or a disease), or just sympatico with our being sick of the rain.

Yes, I noticed some of our ornamental trees are starting to change, dropping leaves. It's weird; I'm not sure if they're actually sick (like root rot or a disease), or just sympatico with our being sick of the rain.

If you are having a lot of rain, your plants and trees are not getting a lot of sun. Ornamentals are sensitive. They may perk up once they get some significant direct sunlight.

A lot of rain also washes nutrients away. Maybe a little fertilizer would help, or some compost.

CD

It is 101F right now, at 5:30pm. We are supposed to have a "cold front" come through tonight, so the forecast high for tomorrow is only 94F.

CD

Just woke up from a little afternoon nap and checked the weather....107 here now at 3:45. They say 110 tomorrow, but the good news is that from tomorrow on out it looks like it's going to drop by a degree or two daily for the next week. Sure hope so!

Last edited:
Just woke up from a little afternoon nap and checked the weather....107 here now at 3:45. They say 110 tomorrow, but the good news is that from tomorrow on out it looks like it's going to drop by a degree or two daily for the next week. Sure hope so!

From my many experiences in Southern and central Cali, it seems that you can go to the areas close to the ocean and the temperature drops to a very comfortable level. Can you do that where you live?

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom