What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my many experiences in Southern and central Cali, it seems that you can go to the areas close to the ocean and the temperature drops to a very comfortable level. Can you do that where you live?

CD

Hiya, Casey. From where I am it's about a 3 hour drive to the coast, and I don't make that drive by myself anymore. :) My daughter lives in Valencia which is only about 2 hours away and closer to the beach, so when she picks me up for a visit we often head to the coast.

Not sure anywhere in California is 'comfortable' though these days, until the fires are put out.

Hiya, Casey. From where I am it's about a 3 hour drive to the coast, and I don't make that drive by myself anymore. :) My daughter lives in Valencia which is only about 2 hours away and closer to the beach, so when she picks me up for a visit we often head to the coast.

Not sure anywhere in California is 'comfortable' though these days, until the fires are put out.

Do you live in the Central Valley? I've driven through the Central Valley many times, and once in a 1970 Porsche with no AC. :ohmy:

CD

Thunderstorms. Daily thunderstorms.

I love it. At least if it's gonna rain, it should put on a show.

On the top of my little mountain, the cracks of lightning are just overhead, if not right in the back yard. My neighbors lost one tree this spring to a well aimed bolt. Since the tree is more in the woods behind our house, I'm going to cut down the rest of the 20 ft stump in the fall.

I like to open the windows for my parrots on rainy days like these. There's a big overhang by them, so unless the rain the rain is coming sideways, their room stays dry but they love to watch the show. And it inspires them to take baths in their water bowls, after which I need to clean up the entire floor.

Last edited:

I love it. At least if it's gonna rain, it should put on a show.

On the top of my little mountain, the cracks of lightning are just overhead, if not right in the back yard. My neighbors lost one tree this spring to a well aimed bolt. Since the tree is more in the woods behind our house, I'm going to cut down the rest of the 20 ft stump in the fall.

I like to open the windows for my parrots on rainy days like these. There's a big overhang by them, so unless the rain the rain is coming sideways, their room stays dry but they love to watch the show. And it inspires them to take baths in their water bowls, after which I need to clean up the entire floor.

What a lovely story, Bucky! I'm imagining the scenario...mountains, rain, lightning, and happy parrots. :) Sorry about your neighbor's tree though...guess there's bad with the good.

Thanks, Cheryl.

I'm hoping to wait until the poison ivy that is covering the stump goes dormant before I go at it with a chainsaw.

Btw, while I was cleaning up the parrots room the other day, a lightning bolt struck nearby, with a loud crack soon afterwards. With the windows open, I instinctively jumped, while simultaneously my African Grey, Louie, exclaimed, "Fvck!"

I laughed and said, "No kidding".

Thanks, Cheryl.

I'm hoping to wait until the poison ivy that is covering the stump goes dormant before I go at it with a chainsaw.

Btw, while I was cleaning up the parrots room the other day, a lightning bolt struck nearby, with a loud crack soon afterwards. With the windows open, I instinctively jumped, while simultaneously my African Grey, Louie, exclaimed, "Fvck!"

I laughed and said, "No kidding".

That parrot had to learn that word from someone human. :ermm:

CD

A big-ole (Texas term) thunderstorm rolled in, and we are getting pounded with rain, right now. No grilling tonight, but I'm good with that.

CD

Last night we had a T storm that just refused to end. Three hours later and scaring the bejesus out of us here, it was still rumbling a bit away from here and every so often it was trying it dangest to get back here. That storm didn't shut up until at least five hours later.

I didn't have any local news on all day, but I an sure the lightning had to hit something and start a fire. I did hear the engines running soon after a very close crack that made both of us jump almost out of our skin. I really think what saved us from a direct hit is that this building is all brick.

Then tonight we had a short storm. Lasted only minutes, and then went somewhere else for more fun.

Tonight the temp is in the low 70's. And I was freezing. But it is so muggy, that we left the windows open. So I just bundled up real warm.

17 degrees C here at 3.40am. Twice this week I've got up in the middle of the night to fill a hot water bottle because I was so cold (and that was despite a 15tog

duvet!)

Autumn comprises most of the schools' summer holidays over here and the weather is always vile however wonderful it's been up until them. Temp got up to 30 degrees C in July - hotter than parts of the Mediterranean countries!

I love it. At least if it's gonna rain, it should put on a show...
Amen, brother! I love evening thunder-and-lightning shows. I'll lay on the futon in the sun room and look up at the ceiling, watching the rain pound down and the lightning flash, safe beneath a thick shield of glass. First crack of lightning that sounds too close, though, and I'm bolting into the house! :LOL:

Currently, we're down to 66 degrees. Coolest we've been in weeks overnight. It's still spritzing rain now and then, so we'll leave the AC on overnight. Come tomorrow, though, I'll be opening up all of the windows. If we're lucky, it will be like that all week long!
s0221.gif

Rain, glorious rain and I am not pissed of it been raining for few days, just so lovely to see the grass green again.

I just heard a roll of thunder off in the distance. So I guess it will bring rain with it. A typical summer day of weather.

So my plans of going out to get some fresh air is out of the question. I wanted to go out back and just sit on the back steps and watch the stupid people speed along the highway that runs right next to our building. I would be on my electric scooter. All metal.

It has ben muggy, muggy, muggy every single day and night here. Even when the temps drop to its lowest each day. Everything you touch in this house is damp or wet.

These warm, humid nights remind us of when we would go camping, and also our first house. That one wasn't air conditioned. When it would cool off in the evening, we'd put window fans in the east-facing windows upstairs, and point them blowing out. That would draw in all of the cool-but-damp air from the back yard, which was fully wooded. The upstairs bathroom had access from either our bedroom or the hallway, and it was split into two rooms: sink, and shower/toilet. The roll of toilet paper was in the path of that breeze and would get a wee bit damp. :LOL: We learned to close the door between the shower side and the sink side, causing the breeze to be drawn into our bedroom instead. I'm so happy we have A/C now. We don't keep it cold, but it sure feels good to be in a dry house.

With the weather cooling off and drying out a bit, we had all of the windows open today! By evening, though, I was looking for a longer pair of pants than the cut-offs I had worn all day. :mrgreen: Sure feels good after all the heat of this summer, though.

39F this morning, glad I closed some windows last night. Of course, I did not close the one over the bed and ended up dragging a throw over me at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom