What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even 9AM yet and already 90. :( High of 107 today.

I was up at early-thirty cutting some dead leaves off of my patio flowers and just kind of giving them some love and attention. :) Also cleaned out the ashes from the Weber, hosed it down, and put it back in the side yard where it lives, unless its being used.

I wish we had some weather here. I spotted a few thunderclouds off to the east. That's about it. It was enough to have our local cable channel stream a thunderstorm warning banner across my TV for the next 6 hours beforehand (at 2:00 AM) for between 3:30 PM and 5:00 PM the next day. It never even happened, lol! I miss weather. Then again, we have quakes.

I should remind myself to be careful what I wish for.

Last edited:
You're right CG - on all counts, I was in a hurry, and considering the article just before mine I mistakenly thought people would know.

My assumption was obviously wrong :LOL:

and I do believe we all know what "assume" does ;)

There is a hurricane that is headed towards Hawaii, caslon. I don't know if dragn was in a hurry or being cute, but typing the full word "hurricane" might have been better. ;)

Hurricane Lane is heading for Hawaii as a dangerous Category 4 storm
It's a *huge* storm. I hope the damage isn't too bad.
FB_IMG_1534971805290.jpg

We don’t have weather here, generally. It’s either hot or cold. We do get winds, which turn the valley into a convection oven. It’s going to be “cooler” for the rest of the week: high at 102°F lows in the mid 80°s. We may get a bit of rain, but that’s just usually wishful thinking on the part of our meteorologists! We may get wind events towards the end of the week. That’s convection oven weather.

We don’t have weather here, generally. It’s either hot or cold. We do get winds, which turn the valley into a convection oven. It’s going to be “cooler” for the rest of the week: high at 102°F lows in the mid 80°s. We may get a bit of rain, but that’s just usually wishful thinking on the part of our meteorologists! We may get wind events towards the end of the week. That’s convection oven weather.

Then you'll pardon my earlier petty vent post where a EBS red banner thunderstorm warning kept going across my TV screen for the next 6 hours. The "warning" (not an "alert", mind you) was for a possible thunderstorm 15 hours later, between 3:30 and 5:00 PM the next day. It never happened. Ah well, best to be on the safe side.

That annoying EBS alert sound finally stopped and the sound finally came back on, but the red banner warning kept going across the top of my TV screen for the next 15 hours. It never happened, no thunderstorm! Joel and I have dull weather.
:ROFLMAO:

Batten down the hatches, you there on the islands!

Last edited:
The wind finally switched around to come from the south. That means cooler weather and maybe it'll finally blow some of this smoke out of the area. I heard we had worse air than Beijing. It's unreal. I can't even see the trees half a mile away.

This is smoke from all the fires in British Columbia. I suppose if the wind is coming from the south now, it'll blow in all the smoke from fires in Oregon and California.

The entire West is burning up.

We have hail here ATM. Mind you winters nearly over so,good weather to come. About 9 deg c here.

Russ

Not sure of terminology down there... is it hail or what we call sleet up here. They are both frozen water, but made differently.

9-degrees C at ground level seems kind of cold for the development of hail -- at least what we call hail in Texas.

CD

Not sure of terminology down there... is it hail or what we call sleet uip here. They are both frozen water, but made differently.

9-degrees C at ground level seems kind of cold for the development of hail -- at least what we call hail in Texas.

CD

Cd, it can be 4 seasons in 1 day here,lol, hail here is 1/8 to1/4 inch pieces, makes a din when it hits the Windows. It's now gone and the suns out again.

Envy of you guys with the sun.

Russ

Cd, it can be 4 seasons in 1 day here,lol, hail here is 1/8 to1/4 inch pieces, makes a din when it hits the Windows. It's now gone and the suns out again.

Envy of you guys with the sun.

Russ

That sounds like sleet here. Here in Texas, hail starts at about 1/2 inch, and can be as large as a softball -- about four inches.

They cause millions of dollars in damage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Y3HU7MXgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQGwrBskQRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7EzgeHx2GA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZ7izjf_Nw

CD

We're actually going to have some nice and "comfortable" weather here fr the next few days. Can't wait. Hope anyone in Hawaii stays safe and sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom