What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 96Fg right now at 6:05pm, after a high of 99F. We didn't quite make triple-digits.

CD

Thanks for posting. Vids, we had hail like that here about 7 years ago, I had just bought a car off the lot, pickup next day. Guess what, hail storm. I didn't get the car for about 2 weeks, the whole yard got hit. I don't know how they fixed it but they did.lol.
The sound was unbelievable,our top story has corrugated iron on it. Man it was loud.

Russ

Thanks for posting. Vids, we had hail like that here about 7 years ago, I had just bought a car off the lot, pickup next day. Guess what, hail storm. I didn't get the car for about 2 weeks, the whole yard got hit. I don't know how they fixed it but they did.lol.
The sound was unbelievable,our top story has corrugated iron on it. Man it was loud.

Russ

I had a six-month-old Mustang GT basically destroyed by huge hail once. The windows were broken, and the sheet metal looked like the surface of the moon. The insurance company didn't total it. It was in the shop for over a month. They actually had to cut the roof skin off, and weld in a new one. I put it up for sale the day I got it back.

But, I got off easy. A small plane flew into that hail storm and crashed a few blocks from my apartment. The pilot died.

We get those kinds of hail storms regularly in Texas, especially North Texas. Our insurance rates are ridiculous, all because of hail.

CD

Last edited:
I had a six-month-old Mustang GT basically destroyed by huge hail once. The windows were broken, and the sheet metal looked like the surface of the moon. The insurance company didn't total it. It was in the shop for over a month. They actually had to cut the roof skin off, and weld in a new one. I put it up for sale the day I got it back.

But, I got off easy. A small plane flew into that hail storm and crashed a few blocks from my apartment. The pilot died.

We get those kinds of hail storms regularly in Texas, especially North Texas. Our insurance rates are ridiculous, all because of hail.

CD

Wow, so it not only happens to me. I've recently just sold my 66 notchback. Had it 18 years. I'm a petrol head lol. Btw it's raining here and grey.

Russ

Wow, so it not only happens to me. I've recently just sold my 66 notchback. Had it 18 years. I'm a petrol head lol. Btw it's raining here and grey.

Russ

I am a "professional" petrol head. I photograph and write about cars for a living. My favorite Stang is a 1968 GT.

CD

Temp is a beautiful 78degrees at 12:45. Great for grilling today.

My eye is on the news and my prayers are with Hawaii...Hurricane Lane is really doing a number on them.

(((Kgirl)))

We have a balmy 81 F outside at the moment (27 C). No humidity to speak of in comparison to earlier.

Hang in there Hawaii. Here's hoping it suddenly veers off to empty waters and let the fishies go deep.

Back to hail- my understanding was sleet was a mixture of rain, frozen rain and perhaps some wet frozen flakes mixed in. Hail was small pellets of ice, any size - no rain.

fff​
I am a "professional" petrol head. I photograph and write about cars for a living. My favorite Stang is a 1968 GT.

CD

Ot,but, mate had a 68 ragtop, restored from ground up. Sold when kids cane along, instantly regretted it. Bought it back 5 years later,still has it.
Any links to your pics?

Russ

We have a balmy 81 F outside at the moment (27 C). No humidity to speak of in comparison to earlier.

Hang in there Hawaii. Here's hoping it suddenly veers off to empty waters and let the fishies go deep.

Back to hail- my understanding was sleet was a mixture of rain, frozen rain and perhaps some wet frozen flakes mixed in. Hail was small pellets of ice, any size - no rain.

Well, sleet is basically frozen rain. It happens in Winter.

Hail happens most often in Spring and Summer. You need warm air down low, and cold air up high. That creates updrafts, so water blows upward, freezes, accumulates more water, and gets bigger.

Eventually, gravity exceeds the updraft strength, and the hail makes it down to the ground.

Ah, did a YouTube search, and found this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fxBN4v_2k

CD

Don't know what the temperature was y'day & today but I had the central heating on y'day evening and the fire on in the room I was working in today. It's AUGUST for goodness sake!

I think it's making up for the unusually hot summer we've had so far and showing us what it can do. Monday is August Bank Holiday and traditionally a weekend when people take their children to the seaside as a last fling of the school holidays. It usually rains.

The last two days have been perfectly wonderful here. Hope it is today also, as we have a BBQ dinner to go to. Started out as a fundraiser for the wife of my recently deceased friend, but it was recently revealed that she was involved in his murder and was arrested w/no bond. Now, the funds are going to the bands in the two high schools in our town. One is the band we both were in as students, the other is the band that his older children (from a previous relationship) was in as students.

RAIN!!! They are predicting record amounts for this time of year. I'm fine with it. All this rain knocks the ragweed pollen down. I'm breathing fine.

It is supposed to rain through Sunday. Hopefully, it will bring our municipal water supply lake (reservoir) back to 100-percent. It has dropped to 80-percent.

CD

Autumn is definitely here. No more highs above 100°, and nighttime lows are in the high 60°s. Still hot in the daytime, but not scorching. A welcome relief.

Parts of Dallas got over 10-inches of rain in the last 24 hours. We got 2.5-inches where I live. More rain today.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom