What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's overcast and gloomy. 4°C (39°) and feels like -1°C (30°F).

The dregs of that Nor'easter are supposed to hit this evening. We'll get mixed precipitation into Sunday with less than 1 cm of snow and anywhere from half to a whole inch (26 mm) of rain. Predicted winds will be up to 38 km/h (24 mph) and gusting to 60 km/h (37 mph).

I'm glad I have no need to go out today.

Last edited:
The weather was very odd today. The sun was very hot, the ambient temperature was quite warm (it got up to 82°, I think), but the breeze, which was a stiff breeze, was very cold, and the relative humidity was 27°, which is quite high for Vegas.

Bottom line, I didn’t know whether I should’ve been hot or cold!

Reactions: imp
Today sunny and temps in the mid 5p's. Yesterday, MISERABLE. But that didn't stop the voters from coming out to vote. They had three people handling the intake and yet the lines were still long. At one point, they wandered into the community television room. I have never seen that before. But it was understandable. It was pouring most of the day. No need to leave folks standing out in the cold and rain as long as we have the room to accommodate them.

Who knows? It changes minute by minute. Early this morning the sun was out but now it looks like rain, or snow. Yesterday it ws 54F with 50mph winds, today it rained earlier this morning but it might make 45F, and tomorrow figure on 38F and either rain or snow flurries. The weather here is SOOOO frickin' depressing. No wonder people keep jumping over Niagara Falls!

A cool 29F. Overcast. Not as much wind as yesterday so it doesn't be feel as cold in SE South Dakota

Snapped this a few minutes ago. Smoke from the Thousand Oaks fire about 50 miles north of here. Wind driven fire there and we’re dead calm here near downtown LA.
IMG_0573.jpg

It is going to be a spectacular sunset this evening with all that smoke...

Last edited:
It's a little chilly out today. I have planter full seed because I am not done planting cover crops. I didn't want risk the fine snow blowing in the seed box. It blew so much I have no idea how much we got.IMG_20181109_081849.jpg

Just chilly, in the 40's. Downpour tonight. I would be very happy with temps in the high 50's and lots of sunshine.

It's been getting cold here, at least for me. :ermm::LOL: 65F in the house when I got up this morning - had to layer a sweatshirt and put on heavy socks. I'm a wimp with the first-of-the-year cold until I get used to it.

Right now it is 39F and clear. Good chance we will get below freezing before morning.

I have my garden covered well, so the warmth from the ground should be just enough -- fingers crossed.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom