What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe trip, GG! And SB, hope you made it to MN!

31°F here, snowed lightly all day but nothing stuck. I need to locate the sand we use to sprinkle on the steps, or go get a bag of kitty litter.

Safe trip, GG! And SB, hope you made it to MN!

31°F here, snowed lightly all day but nothing stuck. I need to locate the sand we use to sprinkle on the steps, or go get a bag of kitty litter.
-3°C and the snow is going away.
Kitty litter sounds like a good idea, so I tried it. :ohmy: It's made of clay. It got wet. It made a slippery, horrible mess.

-3°C and the snow is going away.
Kitty litter sounds like a good idea, so I tried it. :ohmy: It's made of clay. It got wet. It made a slippery, horrible mess.

Kitty litter is good for soaking up spills in the garage, but not good for snow and ice. Sand will give you some grip, and you can hose it off into the yard/garden when the snow and ice are gone. Look for a coarse sand -- not fine sandbox sand.

CD

Good advice, guys, thanks. I'll have to root around some more in the garage, I know there's sand in there somewhere.

A long, coconut fibre mat is the best thing that you can use on stairs,.

After my wife had her parents' house's front steps rebuilt from scratch, she forbade me from using any chemicals on the treads, and only a plastic shovel to clear snow.

Ice eventually will form on any staircase, so we found that the most effective, efficient, and reusable way to navigate even the iciest of stairs was a coconut mat.

Just lay it over the stairs, and kick down the risers to form to tje staircase.

Other than that, get a set of boot cat-tracks.

But they wil mark a stone treaded staircase.

39ºF and mostly cloudy. I guess Mother Nature is very pleased with our area. The TV keeps telling us what really bad weather is going to hit us, and all we end up with is Mostly Cloudy.

37F. At this hour I have no intention of going anywhere. So since I am wide awake, I made the bottom crust for the Pumpkin Cheesecake and peeled and sliced a big bag of apples for a couple of pies.

Now I have to clean up the kitchen. Would rather do dishes than be outside.

I have cars to photograph in Cheyenne next week. Hey Princess, how bad is that going to hurt me?

CD

It’s been a bit warmer this last couple of days; nighttime lows in the low to mid 50s.

Did y’all know that Thanksgiving will bring us a full moon? I don’t know if that’s auspicious or just kinda cool… I wonder when the last time that happened was…

Woke up to 23 degrees this morning.......... Bit of a wind blowing..... Chill factor makes it feel like 18 degrees :wacko: A little early for this....

62 and partly cloudy. Supposed to be in mid 80s. A little cooler than "they" said earlier this week. I'm glad.
Stay in everyone up north, stuff your face, and be thankful you only have 6 more months of chill to go. ⛱

As I left work this morning, I watched families getting out of their cars and bundle up their kids to go see the parade today.

They have to walk halfway across Manhattan in a cold wind, at only 17°. Not worth seeing a bunch of balloons when you're freezing your tuchus off.

Last edited:
62 and partly cloudy. Supposed to be in mid 80s. A little cooler than "they" said earlier this week. I'm glad.
Stay in everyone up north, stuff your face, and be thankful you only have 6 more months of chill to go. [emoji950]
It's cloudy and 26 here in the cold white north, but we will be back in the land of the warm Sunday, where it will be 58 and mostly sunny [emoji2] And no, I haven't gone outside since we got here Monday.

I have cars to photograph in Cheyenne next week. Hey Princess, how bad is that going to hurt me?

CD

I hope you like wind! The temps are ranging from lows at night of 20F to highs of 46F during the day through the week with rain/snow likely on Friday.

Here in Lingle it will be 5-10 degrees higher, but still that nasty wind.

Are you flying into Cheyenne? Make sure you get a 4WD vehicle, roads may still be wet and yucky from the last snow. Hat, gloves, scarf and a warm coat. Be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom