What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're supposed to get 3 inches of snow tomorrow (add 2" up at my house), then another foot of snow and ice Saturday through Sunday.

I'm staying in the city all weekend because of the AFC championship game Sunday night. My boss wants to make sure we have enough staff.

My wife is freaking out a bit with me not being here during a storm, but I keep reassuring her our son is quite capable of taking care of anything that I could.

The snow arrived in SE South Dakota & surrounding area. All the schools are closed & every event postponed. It's a puffy slippery snow & it's starting to get very windy which will make for white out conditions very soon.

25deg c here today. Beautiful in the garden.

Russ

Isn't it fun? You get to tease us with your weather when it is cold as crap here, and we get to tease you when we are grilling hot dogs and it is cold as crap down there. :LOL:

I'll bet you ten bucks our president doesn't know its summer down there. :rolleyes:

CD

Well, I woke up to a loud sound of wind and something hitting my window. It was ice pellets. I went to the door, and it was snowing and sleeting.

A few hours ago, I was walking around without a coat.

According to Siri and the local weather channel, it is 37F degrees outside. About 40 degrees colder than a few hours ago, but not cold enough for snow and ice... yet, here it is.

Nothing should surprise me anymore, and yet it does. The weather just gets weirder and weirder.

I don't have children or grandchildren. And, I've tried to be a good steward of the world I've lived in. All I can say to the kids of today is that I hope they can fix what my generation broke.

CD

Having the first real accumulating snow in our immediate area.. Surrounding areas have had some snow but this is the first sticking snow I can see out my windows..

Looks lovely and we have no reason to go anyplace this weekend..

Ross

It's cold here on the Island of Montreal.

First screenshot from the WeatherNetwork is in Celsius. The second is in Fahrenheit, for those who are unfamiliar with what Celsius temps feel like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-19 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Hourly Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-19 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Hourly Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_2019-01-19 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Hourly Weather Forecast - The Weather Network(.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-19 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Hourly Weather Forecast - The Weather Network(.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hey Princess, you can take your weather back now. Really, you can have it... I'll be fine without it. :huh:

CD

-5 today. The snow stopped. Most of the roads are cleared. We ended up with 5" of snow in SE South Dakota. DH is out now with the snow blower.

It's 53 right now. We're supposed to get rain overnight, 60+F tomorrow and then a drop to 25 or so with a wind chill close to zero. Thankfully the precipitation is arriving tonight rather than tomorrow night, as it was forecast early in the week.

Since we are expecting a lot of snow in Montreal, I thought I would add a video of how snow is removed here. I love the little bitty snow plows. They are mostly used for sidewalks. They can be scary, when one comes along while you are out walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H392TJf5OM4

Thank you taxlady, that was very interesting. I have never seen that done in real life. I never realized how much work it took to clean a street and the sidewalks.

Another Heinlein fan here.

Last edited:
We have snow and pellets coming down right now with a temperature of 22 F. The snow will keep coming down all night, but the temperatures will increase. By noon it's supposed to be 38 and raining - at which point Mom Nature will pull the rug out from under us. By midnight it should be clear, but by then it will be only 4 degrees and still dropping.

Thankfully, we should be getting back to normal by Tuesday...

Right now it is 27ºF. Snow, sleet, rain and flooding along the waterfronts.

These stupid folks who run the TV stations. They send their reporters to the waterfront at high tide and the waves are breaking really high and almost washing away one reporter.

Presently the streets are deserted. Folks are being smart staying inside and letting the workers who are doing snow removal, do their job. Which unfortunately is not the way Bostonians usually behave when we are in the middle of a storm. Snow mobiles, folks skiing down the middle of the street, etc. I know they just want to have fun. But FOLKS! The snow will not melt overnight. Let the city and state workers do their job.

At the back of this building is part of the old McClellan Highway. The residents use it as a parking lot. But the City still has to plough it out. There are big cement posts at the entrance. Only a car can fit through it. So the City sends workers with a shovel to dig it out by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom