What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not upset. Just remember today when, four or five months from now, we're waxing poetic about lovely, sunny warm spring days...and you're up to your "somewhere" in snow! :LOL: Please tell me you get snow? :ermm:

Yeah, we get snow, ski fields only an hour away. I would love to move to,Nelson but my kids are all here. We're quite a close family. I cook dinner every Sunday. Everyone turns up. In 4 or 5 months I'll be using all the crops I'm picking now.
Just taking off the loincloth,lol:angel:

Russ

Lol, I know you guys just roll with it, but I absolutely hate winter. In 6 months time I'll be freezing and envious of guys in the sun.

Russ

And, I will be sitting on my patio, sipping a drink with a little umbrella in it, knowing what is like to live "down under" in January. :cool:

CD :LOL:

Cd, have you Visited our country? Or Australia?

Russ

No, I haven't. Honesty, I don't really have any great desire to visit Australia. I would very much like to visit New Zealand. Correct me if I am misinformed, but I hear it is a very pretty place.

If I ever make it down there, you and I should go sit on a rock, overlooking a valley, and drink a beer.

CD

BTW Rascal, if you ever find yourself in Texas, we can go sit on a rock, overlooking... well, nothing -- and drink a beer.:LOL:

CD

Hey, moving up there in the world, eh, Case?
You ususally crawl under a rock...

Btw, it was -2° F when I got home yesterday morning, and a whopping 4° F when I went back in last night.

Last edited:
29F with wind @ 19 mph for a wind chill of 8F. SNOW, finally, but it was wet coming down last night so there is a nice ice layer under the snow. Driving to work this morning will be interesting.

Everything is coated in ice!

Pics from the "garret":

Attachments

• 0122190958d.jpg
    0122190958d.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 0122190958g.jpg
    0122190958g.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 82
High winds and mild temps now.
I went solo backpacking to a trail camp yesterday afternoon to spend the night. Winds were extremely high, non-stop, and at around 8pm a huge pine tree uprooted no more than 20 feet from where I set up camp and fell in the other direction. I always try to spot and stay away from widow maker trees when I camp but this was a shocker. The heavy rains we had last week most likely softened the ground.
Anyway, I got scared, broke camp immediately, and headed down the mountain. I could have died and made the local news this morning. That's what I told my wife when I got back to my car and called her.

I went solo backpacking to a trail camp yesterday afternoon to spend the night. Winds were extremely high, non-stop, and at around 8pm a huge pine tree uprooted no more than 20 feet from where I set up camp and fell in the other direction. I always try to spot and stay away from widow maker trees when I camp but this was a shocker. The heavy rains we had last week most likely softened the ground.
Anyway, I got scared, broke camp immediately, and headed down the mountain. I could have died and made the local news this morning. That's what I told my wife when I got back to my car and called her.
Scary stuff. I think you made the right decision.

Not nice here along the river. Freezing drizzle made an ice rink out of the roads, then the snow covered it up a bit. And more freezing rain on top made for a treacherous parfait. Don't think I'll be going anywhere for awhile tomorrow.

BT, I love when the trees are covered in ice like that. It's so pretty, if isn't so bright that it hurts your eyes.

Yes, it's beautiful but scary. And yes, blinding. I was driving home (like Casey normally drives) swerving all over the road to avoid falling ice-covered branches.
I brushed my shoulder against a branch this morning as I spread some ice melt on the walk, and the branch shattered like glass.

You Canucks, especially Easterners, get this much more than we do. Beautiful, but dangerous.

Holy cow, RF. Glad you got out when you could.

Thanks, Cheryl.

Wow, I just saw this. Glad you chose wisely, 'fix. You're the only other person I know that solo backpacks in the winter.

What kind of tent do you use? Do you make a fire, or use a backpacker's stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom