"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #8631
Chef Extraordinaire

Woke up to 17F this morning, brrrrrr. Just a few snow flurries trying to sputtor a little bit but it did not amount to anything. We only had a high of 25F today. Sounds like it's supposed to warm up by the end of the week.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #8632
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

It's 20 F here along the river. Wind has died down.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #8633
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Still no snow and November is almost over...arrrgh!!!!
Be patient Little Grasshopper. The day will come and you will be cursing it with a shovel in your hand.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #8634
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Be patient Little Grasshopper. The day will come and you will be cursing it with a shovel in your hand.
Never, I always take great delight in playing in the snow, even if I have to shovel it.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #8635
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Never, I always take great delight in playing in the snow, even if I have to shovel it.
Easy does it shoveling that wet, heavy stuff. Dh was out shoveling snow on Christmas night, 3 years ago, when we had all that snow, & he was over exerting. He is pretty fit & at the time, 49 years old, & he had a heart attack. You would think it would have convinced him to stop smoking, but no such luck.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #8636
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Because I almost lost my leg I am so over protective of the graft. It goes from the top of my instep up to the middle of my shin. I can't stand to have anything touching it. Even during the surgery, they left my leg uncovered for me. So in the winter I never wear socks. No matter how cold or deep the snow is. Just shoes. If it weren't for that, I would be right out there building a snowgirl. Maybe even a family of snow people. then we could have a snowball fight. Don't worry. I throw left-handed and I throw like a girl. And my aim is way off the mark. I never hit what I am aiming for.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #8637
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Easy does it shoveling that wet, heavy stuff. Dh was out shoveling snow on Christmas night, 3 years ago, when we had all that snow, & he was over exerting. He is pretty fit & at the time, 49 years old, & he had a heart attack. You would think it would have convinced him to stop smoking, but no such luck.
SB, I have had three heart attacks and a bypass. I still smoke. Spike has had eight heart attacks. His heart was damaged as a kid from measles. He still smokes. In fact, when he was in the hospital for a couple of them, he would sneak off the floor and go outside to have a cigarette.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #8638
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
SB, I have had three heart attacks and a bypass. I still smoke. Spike has had eight heart attacks. His heart was damaged as a kid from measles. He still smokes. In fact, when he was in the hospital for a couple of them, he would sneak off the floor and go outside to have a cigarette.
I used to smoke, for almost 20 years, I'm not here to preach to anyone about smoking as I have done my fair share. It's just that the doc, has told dh to change his lifestyle: Stop smoking, exercise, less stress & less red meat & he has done none of the above. I get discusted with him at times but ultimately it comes down to choice.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #8639
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I used to smoke, for almost 20 years, I'm not here to preach to anyone about smoking as I have done my fair share. It's just that the doc, has told dh to change his lifestyle: Stop smoking, exercise, less stress & less red meat & he has done none of the above. I get discusted with him at times but ultimately it comes down to choice.
I am 73 y.o. I have been smoking since I was 10. I figure most of my life has been lived. Let me live the last part in comfort with the things I enjoy. I enjoy smoking.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #8640
Chef Extraordinaire

Hot outside, lovely inside