What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blech! Overcast and 41F right now. That's as warm as it got today. The forecast high was 61F, but we fell just a wee bit short.:rolleyes:

CD

It's been cold and windy. 41F now at 9:30PM and supposed to dip down into the 30's tonight, and continue with the low temps at night.

I complain about the cold - then once summer hits, I'll be complaining about the triple digit heat. :ermm::LOL:

Last edited:
It is still snowing here! In Vegas! It’s not sticking, of course, except to the parked cars. The funniest thing, though; on the way home, we saw snowplows! I didn’t think they even HAD snowplows in Vegas! For what purpose? Then Mark pointed out that they’re probably necessary in the mountains and on the highway to Pahrump.

It is still snowing here! In Vegas! It’s not sticking, of course, except to the parked cars. The funniest thing, though; on the way home, we saw snowplows! I didn’t think they even HAD snowplows in Vegas! For what purpose? Then Mark pointed out that they’re probably necessary in the mountains and on the highway to Pahrump.

I heard about that on the news, and saw some pics of snow in LV on FB! :ohmy: Weather reports are saying a 40% chance of snow here in the early morning...I'll believe it when I see it. :)

It was pretty reasonable today. It got up to 59F. It is 47F right now. Lots of rain coming as the weekend approaches.

I'm going to Corpus Christi next week, where it will be in the 70s. I can deal with that.

CD

31 deg c here, don't know the conversion, but dam uncomfortable. Would take some snow for a day.

Russ

Hmmmm, I'm not sure whether to believe you... or if you even exist. Seems this "New Zealand" place is not on an awful lot of world maps.

If you are real, where do you really live? :glare:

CD

What are you talking about, Casey? :LOL:

Looks like it's pretty close to 89F in Rascal's neck of the woods about now. Darn hot, I'd say. :)

Good to see you here again, RR. :) Holy cow....that's crazy snow weather for Bremerton. :ohmy: Take care.

Thanks! I'll pop in and out until I move in June.

Well, the snow was fun while it lasted. My friend Lisa ended up with over 20" of snow in her yard. The snowplows here plowed all the main roads, but that snow went up and over the curb into the side streets, parked cars, and sidewalks. People were walking on the street because of the snow on the sidewalks.

I tried getting up to my lot last week and couldn't make it up the road that went to the top of the hill. The snow was just too deep and too slick. My first clue should have been when the trucks came down the road with chains on them.

What a difference a week makes. No snow hardly anywhere today, except little clumps here and there. I still haven't tried to get back up to my lot yet. I was going to try that again tomorrow, but wouldn't you know, we're supposed to get some more snow.

Looks like maybe I'll need a box of survival food when I move up to my lot.

A coupla inches of snow, followed by a coupla inches of sleet and rain.

My new car get almost 3 mpg less driving into the city tonight just slogging through the mess, even though I was going an optimal speed for gas consumption at around 45 to 50 mph the whole way.

It's a London Fog sort of day. My view out the window looks like I'm seeing things through a scrim. Bone-chilling, too. And we have a wind storm that will be moving into the area later tonight. Not looking forward to that - my head already aches from the pressure change. :wacko: Hope we don't have any damage. Two Ohio friends have posted photos of damage near them. One lost the entire wall of their enclosed porch! :ermm: :ohmy: He said the wind blew the windows in while he was standing out there. Fortunately, he didn't get hurt. I think I'll tuck into the center of the house later tonight, just me, a book, and a glass of wine. Or Bourbon. Depends on how hard the wind is blowing.

Currently 3°C (37°F) and light rain. Early this morning we had rain and freezing rain. Around noon it was snowing. We are expecting "mixed precipitation" and then sometime tonight we get that wind that CG was mentioning. Oh, and we are also expecting snow after we have had the wind for a while.

Right now, we are experiencing pretty normal weather for the time of year. Highs in the 50s to 60s, and lows in the 30s and 40s (F). Some light rain a few days a week.

By this time next month, I should be able to plant my new peppers and herbs.

CD

10 to 12 inches of very wet snow. Power lines down, trees snapping like twigs. Pretty crazy for our area.

I've waited 5 years to be snowed in and it came out of nowhere. Now I'm not prepared, no food, not much propane and no generator.

They kept telling us the sky was going to fall, it never does and we finally just blew them off.

Oh well. We have kerosene for heat and lots of potatoes chips and beer. We're good.

Bummer Vinylhanger. Try to enjoy the pretty part. I betcha you will be better prepared after this.

We weren't prepared for the Great Ice Storm of 1997. We now have a portable cooking burner, that runs on butane, so we can use it safely indoors. No power for 8 days, so we had to eat all our meals at restos.

I normally love the snow. But our house is surrounded by trees. Big 90-100 foot cedars and sequoias. All this wet snow is making them very fragile. If they go, it won't be good.

Luckily the snow is starting to fall off a bit, so that should help.

It is still very beautiful though.

Cold 3*F. At least it's above 0 for now. Strong winds 45 mph. It's making for some big snow drifts. White out conditions in the country in SE South Dakota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom