What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our part of Missouri is surrounded by severe weather, including hail, flooding, high winds and tornado warnings.. Supposed to last late into the evening..

Maybe a long night..

Ross

We kind of have the same thing going on here. It was overcast and windy all day. Now, I can hear the rumble of thunder in the distance, but not much has happened where I am... yet. We are under a tornado watch, but we get those all the time.

The suburb I live in has an outstanding flood control system, since it is such a new city. Developers have to build retention ponds to balance out any ground covered by homes, streets and other non-permeable surfaces. The retention ponds are tied into the storm sewers (which are 100-percent separate from the sanitary sewer system).

Most of the ponds are empty, until there is a heavy rain. They are used for parks and recreation. The retention pond across the street from my house is a dog park.

CD

It was 8°C this afternoon. I agree with my DH, "Weather, you're drunk. Go home." Weather now, at just past 9 PM:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-30 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Hourly Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-04-30 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Hourly Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 77
Lots of watches and warnings around North Texas, but at the doghouse, it was some distant thunder and light rain.

CD

It was raining just before I headed to bed Tuesday morning, but the rain was gone when I got up around 11. Cloudy all day again, with a high in the upper 40s, but they promise sun tomorrow. Just tomorrow, since rain is due to move in again later Wednesday night. 22 out of April's 30 days had some rain. I'm starting to get a little moldy...

We kind of have the same thing going on here. It was overcast and windy all day. Now, I can hear the rumble of thunder in the distance, but not much has happened where I am... yet. We are under a tornado watch, but we get those all the time.

The suburb I live in has an outstanding flood control system, since it is such a new city. Developers have to build retention ponds to balance out any ground covered by homes, streets and other non-permeable surfaces. The retention ponds are tied into the storm sewers (which are 100-percent separate from the sanitary sewer system).

Most of the ponds are empty, until there is a heavy rain. They are used for parks and recreation. The retention pond across the street from my house is a dog park.

CD

A goodly amount of tornado damage (any is too much) in our area.. Supposed to be less severe storms tonight and tomorrow.. Sun is, presently, gorgeous..
More water we don't really need.. The entire Ozarks area in under a flood watch.. Many low roads, etc., here..

Ross

A goodly amount of tornado damage (any is too much) in our area.. Supposed to be less severe storms tonight and tomorrow.. Sun is, presently, gorgeous..
More water we don't really need.. The entire Ozarks area in under a flood watch.. Many low roads, etc., here..

Ross

Turns out there was a tornado in Denton, about 25 miles from me. It was an EF-0 to EF-1, so it was all tree damage and downed power lines. That storm cell missed me completely.

They are calling for round three tonight. We'll see what happens.

CD

We've had two picture-perfect spring days out by us - mid-60s and blue skies. We've been a little drier than the Boston area, so I'm enjoying the nice weather while it lasts. Today there wasn't a cloud in the sky (NACITS). One more nice day, then more rain on the way. There have been 16 days with some sort of rain so far this month. I think my feet are getting a bit webbed. :ermm:

You live in the dry, arid part of the state. Twenty-two days as of last Wednesday, the last time I turned on the TV.

You live in the dry, arid part of the state. Twenty-two days as of last Wednesday, the last time I turned on the TV.
Addie, read my entire post. Somehow, two dry days out of 24 days total hardly qualifies as arid. :glare:

I think our April total out our way was 24 days with rain in a 30 day month. Himself is looking for plans for an ark...

For the most part, rain in Hawaii is a gentle, light drizzle.
We say that it's a blessing if it rains on you
K-Girl, even rain looks pretty when it's falling in Paradise. We had that misty rain here today while I did some grocery shopping. Going to and from the store, I felt like I was a veggie getting misted by the produce department sprayers. :LOL: I guess was being blessed.

Addie, read my entire post. Somehow, two dry days out of 24 days total hardly qualifies as arid. :glare:

I think our April total out our way was 24 days with rain in a 30 day month. Himself is looking for plans for an ark...

CG, again it is raining today. And more for tomorrow. Or so at least two stations tell us. I have sworn off on weather reports. This morning I heard a couple of the maintenance men complaining about not being able to start their gardens. Ground too wet.

I am also becoming a very strong believer in weather having a major effect on moods. I remember learning that fact during my school days. There are folks who sit in front of a bright light when they are feeling a bit low. Right now I have every light in my apartment on. So glad I don't have to pay the electric bill. All I want is 24 hours of 70ºF. with sunshine. Even all the old biddies in this building are very grouchy lately. I even snapped at my next door neighbor when she asked me how I was doing. Now I feel like a piece of crap and keep apologizing to her. Of all the residents here, she is the only one I look forward to seeing and talking to. In fact when I came home from the hospital the other night, one of the first things I did was to knock on her door to let her know I was home and all right. She didn't deserve my weather related nasty mood.

Good luck with the Ark search. Will you be taking in two by two's? :)

Another sunny and mild day in North Texas. I am enjoying it all I can, because I know what is coming. In two months, 85F will be the night-time low.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom