What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guess what? It's raining! :glare: So far in May, 11 of 13 days have seen rain. In April, 22 of 30 days were rainy. Both Worcester, the big city we are closest to, and Hartford have had their second-rainiest Aprils on record. If you draw a straight line between Hartford and Worcester, we're just a few miles off that line. We half-kiddingly call I-84 the Storm Path Highway!

Hey, guess what? It's raining! :glare: So far in May, 11 of 13 days have seen rain. In April, 22 of 30 days were rainy. Both Worcester, the big city we are closest to, and Hartford have had their second-rainiest Aprils on record. If you draw a straight line between Hartford and Worcester, we're just a few miles off that line. We half-kiddingly call I-84 the Storm Path Highway!

So what's new?

Sunshine, where for are thou?

It is quite nice here today. It is 80F right now, with clear skies and no wind.

It was hot and humid most of the time in Houston. No surprise there.

CD

It is quite nice here today. It is 80F right now, with clear skies and no wind.

It was hot and humid most of the time in Houston. No surprise there.

CD

Or here either. Every time Pirate comes in from outside, he has to hang up his weather clothes. (WET!)

Or here either. Every time Pirate comes in from outside, he has to hang up his weather clothes. (WET!)

Houston is a bit different. You probably remember from Port Aransas. You walk outside from an air-conditioned space in the summer, and if you wear glasses, they instantly fog up. My camera lenses fog up when I'm working down on the Gulf coast.

Repairing a fence in Houston in May means being soaked in sweat in less than five minutes.

But, it is not as bad as New Orleans in May. There, you can walk outside with a knife, slice off a cube of air, and drink it.

CD

8°C with a predicted high of 10°C. It's grey outside, with light rain followed by rain in the forecast for today. But, it's better than winter.

It over cast and cool. Rained like crazy yesterday and supposed to be the same tomorrow. I doubt there will be many cherries that survive this year and the trees are loaded. :-(

52*F. Dark, cool & raining off & on. It's expected to be like this for the next 10 days in SE South Dakota.

Sunny and 85F right now, but big dark clouds are rolling in, loaded with water. Things are supposed to turn ugly after midnight. I hope the tornado sirens don't go off tonight. There is nothing worse than tornado warnings when it is pitch dark outside, so you can't see what's going on.

CD

Well, it din't rain a drop overnight. But, it hit us hard today. Heavy rain and strong winds. A little hail, but it was pretty small where I live.

There are some tree branches down, but no whole trees, as far as I saw.

The second wave of storms were developing a lot of cloud to ground lightning.

So, quite an entertaining day!

CD

They kept mentioning the tornadoes in KS during last night's news, cd, and I kept wondering if TX came through the weather better. Glad to hear you didn't get hit as hard.

We have a perfect day - about 70 degrees, lots of sun and blue skies. And then there is the one bad thing - pollen. My eyes itch, my throat is scratchy, and my sinuses are draining. Normally I'm good with 1/2 of a fake Zyrtec tablet, but I might need to take a second half soon. I do need to take advantage of this nice day and wash windows and frames so I can pop the clean screens in, but that means more fun with pollen! :LOL:

They kept mentioning the tornadoes in KS during last night's news, cd, and I kept wondering if TX came through the weather better. Glad to hear you didn't get hit as hard.

The closest Texas tornado to me was in Abilene, which is about 200 miles away. I think there was one near Oklahoma City, which would have been a little closer to me. That one apparently didn't hit much.

We are supposed to have another storm system come through Mon/Tue. It's that time of year.

CD

It's 6:30 pm now & it looks like 10 pm, very dark. Something is coming in SE South Dakota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom