What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been so nice for so long that I've forgotten what rain is like. :LOL: That's OK, they're promising we'll remember all over again early next week. In the meantime, we've enjoyed mid-70s days and 50s at night. I wish it could stay like this forever - or at least until the ThanksMasYear holiday season descends upon us.

Same here. I even went out and sat in the sunshine and read some of my book. Perfect weather to dwell in. Rode around the neighborhood on my scooter. It felt so good with the sun shining down on me. Haven't felt that for months.

Rain, rain, go away. DON'T comeback for quite another day yet. We deserve a break today.

Beautiful morning in the low 70's F. We drove 2 hours N to see friends today & had quite the thunderstorm, so cool to watch coming in over the lake, by the time we got back home, 10 hours later, it's started here. The windows open with a cool breeze coming through the window & such a nice, fresh smell. Nice rainfall now & the lightening lights up the sky occasionally. Peaceful and quiet.

The day started off sunny, then around 1PM it turned dark, and we had one heck of a thunderstorm. My steel patio furniture ended up scattered across the yard. There are broken trees and downed power lines all over Dallas, and a high-rise construction crane was blown down. Being a Sunday, nobody was in the crane, but it fell on an apartment building, and one person was killed, and there were several injuries.

As quickly as it came, it left. It is now sunny again. Texas weather.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/09/us/dallas-strong-winds-damage/index.html

CD

Last edited:
Good to see you're OK, cd. I thought of your safety when they did the news report about storms in your area this evening. After all, Psycho Poodle is a lot bigger than Toto. ;)

Other than having to gather up my patio furniture, I came out just fine. I understand wind gusts were up to 75MPH.

I have a big, beautiful live oak tree in my backyard, called "Grandpa's Tree," because I planted it in memory of my grandfather when he died. I spent most of the storm looking out of the back window and hoping it would be okay. Like my Grandpa, it was tougher than the storm.

CD

That was also on our local news. So happy to hear of your safety.

Teddy is terrified of thunder storms. Spike or I have to pick him up and hold onto him really tight. I usually wrap him in a blanket. It really does help him to calm down. During one storm we didn't know was coming and when it broke a really good loud clap with the huge streak of lightening right over our building, Teddy jumped up on my bed and buried himself under my blanket even before I could get to him.

Hey CG, I am watching a news story regarding a helicopter crash on a roof in NY. It is raining there and headed our way. So much for our nice sunny, warm weather.

103F right now with 9% humidity, and a low of 71F in the wee hours. Nice and cool in the house, though.

Last edited:
I'm sitting on the porch with a glass of wine, enjoying the cool breeze. It's 71F - moderate for us this time of year - with low humidity. Can't beat that.

We started out the day with heavy rain fall. That went away and the temp climbed up to the low 70's. Went I went down to get the mail, I opened the door and the building busybody was sitting on the bench outside. I quickly changed my mind about go out for a breath of fresh air. I should have just gone out and run around the neighborhood on my scooter. Run right past her as fast as my scooter can go.

Well, I went to bed, and a thunderstorm rolled in. But, it is 66F, so I'll save a little money on cooling the house.

CD

Off the island of Montreal, the temp went down to the high 40's last night. So again this morning my fireplace was going when I came down stairs. We've had enough rain and dampness to keep my bones unhappy so no, I didn't turn the fire off.

It's supposed to get a bit sunnier today but the fog outside is so thick I can barely see the trees behind the hedge to the fields. It will clear up quickly, the temp is rising already - should reach a high of 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom