What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, how devastating, Casey. Those poor folks!!

Kay, those devil winds are awful - especially when it's so hot and dry.

It's been so nice here lately, light breeze of maybe 5mph and in the low to mid 70's. Supposed to be mid 80's tomorrow.

We've had sunshine all day, too, and temps in the mid-60's. Going to be a nice clear night, too. Good thing, since Himself has a command performance request for a star viewing event tonight.

No kidding RF...not to mention the dang Santa Ana winds that are roaring down this valley. Power has been cut off all around us, but so far we still have it. The air is so dry I didn't need a towel for my morning shower. ACK!!

My brother just called me a few moments ago and his entire neighborhood in Santa Clarita is under mandatory evacuation right now from the fire.

I'm waiting on my daughter to call me back, they live in Santa Clarita also. I don't think their home is in danger, but her husband has family in Agua Dulce and it sure doesn't look good. :(

It's been raining most of the day, and it's getting colder. We are heading for the 40s F tonight, and not supposed to get much above 50F tomorrow.

I wish I could direct some of this weather to California. Stay safe out there.

CD

Thank you, Casey. We'd take that heavy dose of rain!

I talked with my daughter a few minutes ago, the fires came closer to her than I thought. They're OK, but as a precaution my grandsons' school is cancelled for tomorrow.

I'd move out of CA in a heartbeat if I could, and for more reasons than earthquakes and fires. But my entire family is here....

I would move out of So Cal solely for the climate. I like December through April climate here, and that's it. I know, I should move up to the PNW.

Toyota moved their North American headquarters from LA to about ten miles from my house. A whole lot of Californians moved with Toyota. They sold their homes in LA, and paid cash for homes here. My house doubled in value -- thank you Toyota. :)

You would probably not like Texas summers, if you don't like LA summers.

CD

In defense of California weather, living near the coast is ideal almost all the time. There's no way I'd trade this weather to live anywhere else. I hate the humid heat many places endure, need the sun for my mental health, and would never be happy with freezing winters.

Attachments

• ca_dreamin_siggie.gif
    ca_dreamin_siggie.gif
    37 KB · Views: 156
Currently -6°C (21°F) and feels like -12°C (10°F) with light snow. We are expecting 15-20 cm of snow until sometime tomorrow morning.

Monday started warm. It was 66F when I took the dog out at 10AM.

About 11AM, winds shifted to the North and got very strong -- 30-50MPH. By noon, it was 40F, and by 2PM it was 33F. It is now 30F, on the way down to 23F.

That's a BIG change in one day. But, other than a little rain early, it has been dry.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom