What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's around 36F here now, I think it's going to be a long cold winter here in these parts. :ermm: This was Thanksgiving day from my front porch - we got about 3 inches, kind of unusual since the last time it snowed here was in 2011. Really lovely though, and was fun to see the neighborhood kids playing in the snow.

Not the greatest pic...the snow was coming down really hard when I took the pic and I was afraid to walk down to the street for fear of slipping in the snow....lol

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Lovely photo, Cheryl. It's always lovely when it's someone else's snow! ;) Actually, I don't mind snow, especially now that I no longer work and need to be somewhere. Mostly, I can stay in and watch until the roads are cleared...and the plow has been up and down our street five full times in the past hour or so!

...This was Thanksgiving day from my front porch - we got about 3 inches, kind of unusual since the last time it snowed here was in 2011...lol
I see your three and raise you another three. By the time this entire weather event is done, we'll probably end up with eight or so inches of not-so-fluffy stuff. When Himself and I were out earlier this evening to switch the snowblower with the wheelbarrow (to get the blower in place to get in and out of the garage easily) we shoveled the top couple feet of the drive right by the garage doors. Pretty heavy stuff. Good thing our young neighbor has already checked in with me about clearing both of our driveways with our snowblower. Since I was just giving him a pumpkin pie for blowing our leaves while we were gone, I now have to think about something else for clearing our driveway! :LOL:

Lovely photo, Cheryl. It's always lovely when it's someone else's snow! ;) Actually, I don't mind snow, especially now that I no longer work and need to be somewhere. Mostly, I can stay in and watch until the roads are cleared...and the plow has been up and down our street five full times in the past hour or so!

I see your three and raise you another three. By the time this entire weather event is done, we'll probably end up with eight or so inches of not-so-fluffy stuff. When Himself and I were out earlier this evening to switch the snowblower with the wheelbarrow (to get the blower in place to get in and out of the garage easily) we shoveled the top couple feet of the drive right by the garage doors. Pretty heavy stuff. Good thing our young neighbor has already checked in with me about clearing both of our driveways with our snowblower. Since I was just giving him a pumpkin pie for blowing our leaves while we were gone, I now have to think about something else for clearing our driveway! :LOL:

Thank you, CG. It was awesome, being as though we only get snow once or so a decade....it was lots of fun. I've been a California girl way too long to re-acclimate to a snowy area. But it was fun while it lasted. :LOL:

You're lucky to have a young neighbor helper willing to work to blow leaves away...but yeah, clearing snow is a whole 'nuther thing, haha....glad we don't have to deal with this often. :ermm::)

Last edited:
Our "young" neighbor is just about our kids' age, with three kids of his own. :LOL: However, he loves working outside no matter what the weather. Since we have a good sized snow blower (28" wide mouth with a shoot nearly a foot high - that sucker can toss snow 25-35 feet!) and don't mind him using it for his drive, it's a nice trade-off. He always says I don't have to make food for him, but I do since I like to feed people. Win-Win, I say.

Meanwhile, we've gotten about another inch of snow this evening. We could get another 1-3 overnight, probably on the lower end. Just so long as things are clear by Wednesday, I'll be fine. Have to drive Himself to the eye doc then - or, more like it, drive him and his blurred eyes back home after his visit.

It's finally properly cold here on Montreal Island.

I Fahrenheit, that's 3 degrees and feels like -18 degrees. It's quite sunny.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-19 xxx, Quebec Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-19 xxx, Quebec Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 81
It's still mild here on Montreal Island, but it is still managing to winter.

We are at our predicted high for today: -3°C (27°F) which feels like -11°C (12°F), with freezing rain. Later it will turn to snow until sometime tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-30 Alerts Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Montréal Island area - The Weather Netw.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-30 Alerts Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec Montréal Island area - The Weather Netw.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 86
It's still mild here on Montreal Island, but it is still managing to winter.

We are at our predicted high for today: -3°C (27°F) which feels like -11°C (12°F), with freezing rain. Later it will turn to snow until sometime tomorrow.
We're getting slammed with freezing rain all day..roads are treacherous. We decided to keep the deli closed as it is a short day anyway..didn't want the staff to have to drive in this craziness..

We're getting slammed with freezing rain all day..roads are treacherous. We decided to keep the deli closed as it is a short day anyway..didn't want the staff to have to drive in this craziness..
Smart choice, Rock. Although I am not fond of the snow in northern MN, I absolutely hate freezing rain...memories of Jan 6, 1998 still haunt me.

We're having an unusually mild day today - sunny and 77F right now. DH and his dad are out playing golf. A far cry from his home in Michigan, where there's a winter storm on the way.

It's supposed to rain later tonight and cool off a bit later this week.

It's been darned near spring-like for the week we've been back in OH. While a bit rainy yesterday, it was warm enough (57) for a cookout! Down to the mid-40s right now, with more seasonable temps in the 30s for most of the week starting tomorrow. So far my heavy winter coast and boots are still in the "basement" of the car's cargo area, right where I put them before we left MA for OH.

We're having an unusually mild day today - sunny and 77F right now. DH and his dad are out playing golf. A far cry from his home in Michigan, where there's a winter storm on the way.

It's supposed to rain later tonight and cool off a bit later this week.

We had to turn the AC on some yesterday, it was right humid here in EC.

Are you shovelled out yet?
We were able to open one door yesterday and today two crews of neighbours came and finished the rest, as well as the path to the burn barrel and the path on which my Dad walks his dog. Here's hoping we don't get another dump of snow anytime soon. Way too much snow for an elderly man and a sr. citizen lady to handle! I wasn't quite prepared to crawl out a window...could've done.

Yesterday was freezing rain, then ice pellets, then snow. It's still snowing. It's 1°C (34°F) and feels like -4°C (25°F). This is the view out my front door. There was virtually no snow on the ground yesterday morning and none on the trees, fences or walkways.

Attachments

• IMG_20191231_132431.jpg
    IMG_20191231_132431.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20191231_132449.jpg
    IMG_20191231_132449.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom