What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 15°C (59°F) and raining. We are expecting winds up to 90 km/hr (56 mph), 20-30 mm of rain (.79 to 1.18 inches), thunder storms, and mild flooding in the Greater Montreal area.

I imagine Dragn is getting the same weather.

yup, pretty much the same as you taxy. Needless to say my geese are happy as pigs in the proverbial sh...

LOL, yes, taxy I did/do know what aereal means, but thank you. There is also a difference in spelling aereal vs aerial. It is not a common expression and I chuckled when I read it.

I'm feeling a bit like Dorothy Gale right now. Laying low on the first floor of the house on the leeward side. Winds are a steady 30 MPH, gusting to 50. Good thing the builder used hurricane straps when building the house, although our first home was 2-story and made it through nearly 100 MPH winds. 54 degrees and rain, too. A good day to stay in.

Easter Storms knocked out my power for 18 hours. Didn't open the freezer at all and fridge once briefly. All I lost was some milk about to turn anyhow. Sampled fridge temps were ~50°F. Was going to toss a 14.5 lb. raw thawed turkey but it's internal temp was 45° so put it into a roaster oven immediately. Also had a hambone that went straight into a stockpot.

So was up most of the night reducing stock; carving, storing, and eating turkey.

Princess, that's a "funny but not". ;)

I sneeze when the temperature drops around my body.
eg. getting out of a nice warm bed, I can sneeze 10 to 20+ times (and yes, I've counted).
after working up a sweat, as I cool down, I'll start to sneeze, although the morning ones seem to last a lot longer.
It can even happen at the grocer's in the freezer aisle.

anybody else have a 'body weather vane"?

Winter Storm Warning issued April 15 at 3:​02​AM MDT until April 16 at 6:​00​PM MDT by NWS Cheyenne
...A developing winter weather storm will bring accumulating snow to southeast Wyoming Wednesday afternoon through Thursday Afternoon...
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM MDT THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 9 inches. Northeast winds up to 30mph will create areas of blowing and drifting snow.
* WHERE...Southern Nebraska Panhandle to include Scottsbluff, Kimball, Sidney. Southeast Wyoming plains to include Cheyenne, Torrington and Wheatland. Lower elevations west of the Laramie Range to include Muddy Gap, Rawlins, and Elk Mountain.
* WHEN...From 6 PM this evening to 6 PM MDT Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible this evening through Friday morning. Plan on travel delays and snow covered roads. Strong winds creating blowing snow and poor visibility at times.

It must be cold if you're bundling up, PF. Stay warm and safe.

We've had a beautiful day. Sunny, blue skies with a few wisps of clouds. And cold! I opened the back door to shake something off and boy was I surprised.

Temp topped out at 52F and we are losing ground fast as the NW wind is blowing hard. It's been small spats of rain, sleet and hail for the past hour. It's going to be a sleigh ride on ice to work in the morning.

Winter wonderland today, and we're probably getting more snow tonight and tomorrow.

We are having an amazing Spring. Very warm and little rain.

In fact, we are under a fire watch warning already. Already had our first wildfire up the road from us.

Crazy for mid April. Normally we are all stuck inside while it pours outside.

Raining here today but that just means the seeds that I planted yesterday will get a really good watering-in. [emoji3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom