What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
katie we are wierd today also...
January should be about 0. No degrees.
We are at 45. Melting like crazy! I went to scrape ice with no jacket today!
Supposed to rain tomorrow, change to snow. Yay, re-ice my driveway. I just found the dang thing!

Bilby,

Our weather is crazy again.......temps have been in the 30's and now we're back up in the 70's--------I'm actually looking forward to going back to kasakhstan---goodness forbid..............I hear that it's now minus ....MINUS 35 degrees..........I know...I'm am idiot...........

Kansas is like southern Illinois. If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute, and it will change.
We missed all the tornado warnings, but we've had a lot of rain, and now the wind is howling the cold air in. It's still only supposed to get down in the low 30's, though, and back up into the 50's tomorrow.

Windy windy windy ! ! ! (well at least the washing dries quickly when it doesn't blow off the line :) ) Suppose I shouldn't complain with the terrible weather you guys in parts of the US have been having. At least we don't have things like tornado's here.

A week ago it was in the 30s and 40s F during the day, and as low as 18 overnight. Today it was in the low 70s and right now (2:40 a.m.) it is 60 degrees. This has been an odd winter.

:)Barbara

We are having some weird weather. It has been way above freezing for several days, and we have lost most of our snow. Today the wind has been from all directions, the temperature has dropped since we got up, and it is snowing. We lost our power for a couple of hours, and it just flickered again, a minute ago. I hope things settle down.

It was blowing snow this morning... then got up to 51 for the day's high. LOVE Kansas!!!!

I understand. It has been cold and snowy for days. After tomorrow the sun is supposed to finally come out and it is going to be sunny at least for a week and highs in the 40's. Not that I am complaining, because I am ready to retire my snow shovel for awhile. I just wish that instead of snowing all at once it could spread it around a little.

Its currently midnight and 74 degrees here in South Florida. Humidity is 73% and winds are ESE at 12mph. Tomorrow will be at a high of 81 degrees and a low of 71 ...... mostly sunny.

=)

Boyfriend wants to add that hes mad as heck that last week it got so cold he had to wear jeans THREE DAYS in a row!!!! Hes so mad it got so cold in south Florida...LOL (p.s,- hes from New York and St Louis and his blood is getting thin...LOL):LOL:

Last edited:
Woohoo! As soon as I get my shoes and coat on, Cubbie is going to go outside and get a big surprise--his first snow! It isn't supposed to last long (rain by tomorrow afternoon) but I can't wait to see his face when he sees it!

LOL When I opened the door, Cubbie didn't know what to think. He stepped out onto the top step and sniffed a little bit. Fortunately he didn't bolt down the steps because that wouldn't have been too good for me (holding his leash). He had a ball out there! There were a couple inches on the ground and it was snowing huge wet snowflakes the whole time we were out there. He tried catching a few of them at first--I think he thought they were bugs or something! We were out there about 30 minutes. I let him stay out as long as he wanted.

Barb, thats so cute!

It's the usual shade of grey here today, rain on the way, 50F. I haven't seen the sun for days and it's killing me.....

It is 6 degrees this morning, I woke up to find that out furnace is not choosing to heat. I guess we don't have enough fuel in our tank and it keeps sucking up icy fuel. Don't have the $$ to fill it til tomorrow. AHHHHHHHHH!
It's space heaters for us today, maybe a whole lot of baking!!!

What I wouldn't do to be stuck in your weather with out an A/C rather than this without heat!!!!!
Trade??
Please??

Absolutely!!! I have had both a/c going all day today with the fans on and all the curtains drawn - I actually got the place so cold at one point, I pulled the rug over my legs when I was on the couch!! Didn't last long though. Think it was me being tired. It is dark outside now and it is still too hot to do anything.

If I could bottle up some of this heat in a Thermos for you Suzie and ship it off to you - believe me I would!!! It go to about 108F today.

send some over to the east coast

Hi Bilby

Send some of your hot weather over to the east coast. We are getting dumped on by all of Brisbane's cyclone weather 69.8 F (21 C). Monsoonal rainfalls, flash flooding and gale force winds. Our january weather is supposed to be what you are experiencing. We have had so much rain this year. I know we need it, but we need it in rural drought stricken NSW not coastal. How are your dams over there. What I would do for a couple of 40+ days. We had the coldest christmas day this year - 17 degrees celsius, we all had jumpers on. Usually we are jumping into the pool by 7.00 a.m. to cool off. You had a really hot christmas day didn't you, I can remember seeing something like 38 degrees on foxtel.

Cath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom