"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #9451
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
I'm sick to death of this miserable COLD it makes the bones ache, Than diaylsis insists on turn on the a/c
kades
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #9452
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I'm sick to death of this miserable COLD it makes the bones ache, Than diaylsis insists on turn on the a/c
kades
Have them bring you a warm blanket. Wear a knit cap and while you are in the chair put on some fluffy warm booties instead of your shoes. Nothing wrong with mittens either if your hands are cold.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #9453
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,886
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Have them bring you a warm blanket. Wear a knit cap and while you are in the chair put on some fluffy warm booties instead of your shoes. Nothing wrong with mittens either if your hands are cold.
What a great idea!
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #9454
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
What a great idea!
That stuff is going on clearance around here about now...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #9455
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Have them bring you a warm blanket. Wear a knit cap and while you are in the chair put on some fluffy warm booties instead of your shoes. Nothing wrong with mittens either if your hands are cold.
I wear boots with heavy socks but have to take my jacket off The arm THEY PUT THE NEEDLES IN i DO Take one of those hand warmers but the a/c vent is right over my head I whine and whine but they ignore me.
ma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #9456
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I wear boots with heavy socks but have to take my jacket off The arm THEY PUT THE NEEDLES IN i DO Take one of those hand warmers but the a/c vent is right over my head I whine and whine but they ignore me.
ma
Have you ever considered flatly refusing to sit under the vent? There is a reason I have been labeled "Non Compliant." When there is no need for me to be miserable, I find my own way to do things.

P.S. Five days in a row with six sugar readings. Winthrop is going to go into shock.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #9457
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Have you ever considered flatly refusing to sit under the vent? There is a reason I have been labeled "Non Compliant." When there is no need for me to be miserable, I find my own way to do things.

P.S. Five days in a row with six sugar readings. Winthrop is going to go into shock.
We have all been given our seats and have to force one of the nurses into re-seating the whole pod it's a B1111 for them and us. and the a/c runs over almost every chair. I might just tell Jay the fellow who use to take care of me the first time and is now the guy who runs the center he is a sweetie. I understand the reason for the coolness but brother is it a pain right now.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #9458
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
We have all been given our seats and have to force one of the nurses into re-seating the whole pod it's a B1111 for them and us. and the a/c runs over almost every chair. I might just tell Jay the fellow who use to take care of me the first time and is now the guy who runs the center he is a sweetie. I understand the reason for the coolness but brother is it a pain right now.
kades
The first rule of medicine is "I will do no harm." Sounds like they may have forgotten that.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #9459
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
We have all been given our seats and have to force one of the nurses into re-seating the whole pod it's a B1111 for them and us. and the a/c runs over almost every chair. I might just tell Jay the fellow who use to take care of me the first time and is now the guy who runs the center he is a sweetie. I understand the reason for the coolness but brother is it a pain right now.
kades
Wear a fuzzy hat...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #9460
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I think that's the storm that we're expecting for tomorrow. We should get 10-15 cm of snow. Eastern Ontario is supposed to get snow and rain, depending on where and temperature, starting today.

It's currently -1 and "freezing fog"! I don't remember hearing of that before.
We had "freezing fog" here too, I had never heard that term before. Driving in it was interesting, until the defroster started warming the windshield it was building up on the windshield!
__________________

__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.