"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #9451
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm sick to death of this miserable COLD it makes the bones ache, Than diaylsis insists on turn on the a/c
kades

Old 02-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #9452
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I'm sick to death of this miserable COLD it makes the bones ache, Than diaylsis insists on turn on the a/c
kades
Have them bring you a warm blanket. Wear a knit cap and while you are in the chair put on some fluffy warm booties instead of your shoes. Nothing wrong with mittens either if your hands are cold.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #9453
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Have them bring you a warm blanket. Wear a knit cap and while you are in the chair put on some fluffy warm booties instead of your shoes. Nothing wrong with mittens either if your hands are cold.
What a great idea!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #9454
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
What a great idea!
That stuff is going on clearance around here about now...
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #9455
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I wear boots with heavy socks but have to take my jacket off The arm THEY PUT THE NEEDLES IN i DO Take one of those hand warmers but the a/c vent is right over my head I whine and whine but they ignore me.
ma
Old 02-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #9456
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I wear boots with heavy socks but have to take my jacket off The arm THEY PUT THE NEEDLES IN i DO Take one of those hand warmers but the a/c vent is right over my head I whine and whine but they ignore me.
ma
Have you ever considered flatly refusing to sit under the vent? There is a reason I have been labeled "Non Compliant." When there is no need for me to be miserable, I find my own way to do things.

P.S. Five days in a row with six sugar readings. Winthrop is going to go into shock.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #9457
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Have you ever considered flatly refusing to sit under the vent? There is a reason I have been labeled "Non Compliant." When there is no need for me to be miserable, I find my own way to do things.

P.S. Five days in a row with six sugar readings. Winthrop is going to go into shock.
We have all been given our seats and have to force one of the nurses into re-seating the whole pod it's a B1111 for them and us. and the a/c runs over almost every chair. I might just tell Jay the fellow who use to take care of me the first time and is now the guy who runs the center he is a sweetie. I understand the reason for the coolness but brother is it a pain right now.
kades
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #9458
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
We have all been given our seats and have to force one of the nurses into re-seating the whole pod it's a B1111 for them and us. and the a/c runs over almost every chair. I might just tell Jay the fellow who use to take care of me the first time and is now the guy who runs the center he is a sweetie. I understand the reason for the coolness but brother is it a pain right now.
kades
The first rule of medicine is "I will do no harm." Sounds like they may have forgotten that.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #9459
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
kades
Wear a fuzzy hat...
Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #9460
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I think that's the storm that we're expecting for tomorrow. We should get 10-15 cm of snow. Eastern Ontario is supposed to get snow and rain, depending on where and temperature, starting today.

It's currently -1 and "freezing fog"! I don't remember hearing of that before.
We had "freezing fog" here too, I had never heard that term before. Driving in it was interesting, until the defroster started warming the windshield it was building up on the windshield!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote