"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #9461
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We had a slush storm. Got a 3 hour early out, many schools around us canceled. Currently 30 F.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #9462
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
We had a slush storm. Got a 3 hour early out, many schools around us canceled. Currently 30 F.
We are expecting that storm during the rush hour in the morning. Our temps are supposed to be in the 40's so it will come as hard and heavy rain. It is times like this that I am so happy that I don't drive or have to go to work any more.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:15 AM   #9463
Chef Extraordinaire

LOVELY!

It has been raining steadily all day and has only been 18c all day, which feels cold as it has been so hot and humid....I am all rugged up and loving it
Old 02-27-2013, 05:16 AM   #9464
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
LOVELY!

It has been raining steadily all day and has only been 18c all day, which feels cold as it has been so hot and humid....I am all rugged up and loving it
Lucky fish!!!! It's 31C today with 71% humidity. Still hot but looks like the temp is going to drop to low 20's towards the weekend. Lots of rain expected from tomorrow till Sunday

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #9465
Master Chef

Up to 4 inches of snow this morning with very slippery roads, so the schools are on a 2 hour delay.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #9466
Executive Chef

Had snow and wind last night. Roads are icy. Two hour late start today.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #9467
Master Chef

Snow, snow, and more ...snow. Looked out and watched husband leaning on the shovel. He didn't look real great. I went out and was able to sweep snow from the porch. Made him come in, take an aspirin, and made him a cup of ginseng tea.Then put on my cold weather gear and took up the shovel. It is wet, heavy snow. Normally I would have been out there with him. But I'm still having some recovery issues with my hip fracture. So he did the stuff we're legally liable for, and I did the porches and steps to the garage. When I came in, he did the same for me -- an aspirin!

So ... we both got our exercise in. Don't think I need to do my normal weight lifting today. I did get to my ladies yesterday. couldn't find a book. Will write more about that on the book line. I'm so proud of myself!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #9468
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Snow, snow, and more ...snow. Looked out and watched husband leaning on the shovel. He didn't look real great. I went out and was able to sweep snow from the porch. Made him come in, take an aspirin, and made him a cup of ginseng tea.Then put on my cold weather gear and took up the shovel. It is wet, heavy snow. Normally I would have been out there with him. But I'm still having some recovery issues with my hip fracture. So he did the stuff we're legally liable for, and I did the porches and steps to the garage. When I came in, he did the same for me -- an aspirin!

So ... we both got our exercise in. Don't think I need to do my normal weight lifting today. I did get to my ladies yesterday. couldn't find a book. Will write more about that on the book line. I'm so proud of myself!
You have to be really careful when the snow is wet and heavy. Heart attack snow. My grandson has a snow blower. When it is wet snow, he comes here to Eastie with his snow blower and helps his father Spike clear the snow from the properties that he takes care of.

Many years ago the owner of the jewelry store gave Spike a little vial with an 18 karat gold cover and a loop for the chain. Inside the vial are nitro pills for chest pains. Spike never leaves home without it. That vial has eased my worry just a little bit. He has had to open it more than once.

Please take care when you and your husband are dealing with this wet snow. Only one at a time shoveling. And like you did, take turns.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #9469
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
It's snowing. The Weathernetwork says at least 15 cm (6 inches).
Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #9470
Chef Extraordinaire

Heavy rain and the big snow banks are fast disappearing.