What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
our first day of winter...

Temps have been in the 40's doing down to the 30's. If Mother Nature wants to give us Fall weather until Spring..... okay by me. And to think I would spend the whole day as a child, playing outside in the cold and piles of snow. Aaah, the innocence of yourth. :rolleyes:

Freezing rain--supposed to last most of the day. In 1998, we had the Ice Storm (started on January 6th). We were without power for 12 days. Thank goodness we had a generator. I hope this doesn't turn into another ice storm. If it does, the chickens are coming in the house in 48" dog crates so they can be warm and have warm water. I hope not!

Okay, Ice storms, the chickens and everyone else can come in the house. Heck I had 6 lambs and 2 young labs in the house one spring. My kitchen was a mess, but we survived. And the dogs learned to love sheep and not chase them.

-4 C (25F) and light snow. CWS4322's freezing rain is expected here later today. Weather is gonna have to come up with some better snow if we are going to have a white Xmas.

I was up late yesterday till 5am, so I slept pretty late today until 1:15pm.

It's 75F out right now, with a 9 mph wind coming from the southwest. A low tonight in the upper 50's is expected.

Wonderful Florida weather! Windows open, fans pulling fresh air into the house, just wonderful!

Freezing rain here too Rock. I hate freezing rain---when the 1998 Ice Storm hit, we were without power for 12 days. We found out how much water 6 dogs drink each day. It was not fun, even with a generator.

It was an absolutely perfect day, sunshine and mid 70's. Short sleeve shirt, shorts, wide open windows. It may be out of season, but I'll take it!

It is supposed to pass over by midnight, thankfully. Looks nasty out there.
I "skated" out to the barn to give the girls their evening "cocktail" of warm water with a tsp of apple cider vinegar and some food before bed. I was afraid I would slip on the concrete slab/step outside the door and crack my head--being that I'm here alone, and Cliff, the Saint, doesn't get to go out to see the hens, I would have been SOL.

I have already emailed the person who arranges spares to tell him that if this doesn't let up and I'm still "skating," I'm not making the trip into Ottawa to curl tomorrow night. I hate this weather!

I "skated" out to the barn to give the girls their evening "cocktail" of warm water with a tsp of apple cider vinegar and some food before bed. I was afraid I would slip on the concrete slab/step outside the door and crack my head--being that I'm here alone, and Cliff, the Saint, doesn't get to go out to see the hens, I would have been SOL.

I have already emailed the person who arranges spares to tell him that if this doesn't let up and I'm still "skating," I'm not making the trip into Ottawa to curl tomorrow night. I hate this weather!

You need some "Yak Trax" they are great on ice. Even a small throw rug on the slab would help with some traction.

It's been snowing off and on today, loverly!

Love my Yak Trax, but you need to watch your feet. I went for a walk in mine, and did not realize I'd walked out of one. Had to get in the car when I got home and go looking for it. Found it.

Last edited:
-4 C (25F) and light snow. CWS4322's freezing rain is expected here later today. Weather is gonna have to come up with some better snow if we are going to have a white Xmas.

Looks like we are going to get our white Xmas. It's -4C (25F) and it's snowing.

Just took these pix out my front door and out my back door:

IMG_2959.JPG
IMG_2955.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom